Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

No noticable change from the 337's or 340.72 iCafe set... no update to the P3D profile, so no change to vsync etc. Overriding most profile settings still does nothing.

Unless you need more recent drivers for another game there is not much to see here. The flight sim userbase does not really figure on the nV radar :(

The new driver works fine on my humble GTX 670.

At least as good as 337.88 (maybe even a tad more smooth), and no tesselation artifacts like in 340.52.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Just curious, do you run 337.88 with tessellation on to avoid R6025 crash?  Tessellation decrease performance, but I have to use it to avoid the R6025 error.

Thanks

Yes, I always have had Tess on from the get-go.  Never had run without it.  I have had M.S.'s..here and there, but never as bad as with this latest driver.  Also, as stated, never have I had any form of artifact...with prior nVidia releases.  For myself, I guess that the 377.88's were the best bang-for-the-buck.  At least, with my system....

Is it me or did the new driver come with SLI already setup in NI?

Seems to be performing much better with SLI.

"Your results may vary"  It sounds familiar, but I just can't figure out which forum I heard that in.

Bob

It appears to include some "undefined" settings specif for Prepar3D, on the last settings section titled "Undefined"...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It appears to include some "undefined" settings specif for Prepar3D, on the last settings section titled "Undefined"...

Do you have an SLI setup? Did you see the SLI settings?

Do you have an SLI setup? Did you see the SLI settings?

I do not have SLI, and SLI settings are nill in my NI panel

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Just curious, do you run 337.88 with tessellation on to avoid R6025 crash?  Tessellation decrease performance, but I have to use it to avoid the R6025 error.

+1

Fresh Win7 64 disc and install on new SSD with fresh P3D V2.3 install and I got the R6025 error within 10 seconds with tessellation off. No addons. Definitely a P3D bug in my book. I find less of a performance decrease now with tessellation ON however. Do you?

Am running with V SYNC on and no external tweaks and getting a pretty smooth 40-60fps in good weather and smooth 25-40fps in overcast with tessellation ON.

Will also give these new drivers a try tonight.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

No noticable change from the 337's or 340.72 iCafe set... no update to the P3D profile, so no change to vsync etc. Overriding most profile settings still does nothing.

You didn't see the new parameter?

Spirit

Did a clean install of the new drivers, deleted shaders, and no issues at all runs great.

Can't really notice any difference between the old version that worked (337) and this one, but glad to be back to current drivers.

This has been my experience too +1

RE Thomason Jr.

Well, I have to say, that this driver is one of the clearest, blur-free drivers I can remember.  I just have to work out what is causing the black flash line artifacts...and then, it will be a keeper. Same FPS now as in the 377.88's..but again mentioned...much more blur-free.  I've used these now in XPX.30, FSX, and P3D...all better in clarity....

can you be a bit more precise?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

0x2241AB21 (Prepar3D)

0x5D1C34A4 (Prepar3D)

0x4B1CD968 (Prepar3D)

0x24208B6C (Prepar3D)

Doesn't help much :-/ but it's on the last section when you use Nvidia Inspector. The section is tilted - "Undefined"

Main Simulation Rig:

Well, I have to say, that this driver is one of the clearest, blur-free drivers I can remember.  I just have to work out what is causing the black flash line artifacts...and then, they will be a keeper. Same FPS now as in the 377.88's..but again mentioned...much more blur-free.  I've used these now in XPX.30, FSX, and P3D...all better in clarity....

Glad you like 'em Mitch now maybe your gauges wont look so oval in your screenshots... :rofl: 

RE Thomason Jr.