Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

Yeah.  I didn't get down very well and rolled off just the end of the runway and spun around stopped next to the taxiway.  Sat there a while to catch my breath and a yellow and white Orbix jet taxied right in front of me, reflective and shiny, it looked so real this time.  Impressive.

:LMAO:

Rich Sennett

At least the Opengl under Linux for X plane is performing smoothly but under windows i get stutters even when my fps is above 24.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Mitch are you seeing them in all your sims or only P3D? I have updated driver and not getting artifacts in XPX or but I am getting black flashing lines in P3D but only out of right window (3rd screen) when banking and over trees?

Hi Peter, not all sims,...only from P3D v2.3....XPX.30 and FSX (Steve's Fixer) are not affected.  I am not going back to the 337.88's only because of how clear and blur-free this driver is...I'm very impressed with that. The clearness is inherent in this driver version, as all my sim graphics has improved and benefited, in this regard.  I guess that some users are not reporting these black line artifacts, so it must be system specific.  If I figure it out, by setting adjustments for P3D, I'll certainly share my findings.... 

PS will now need to purchase the C337H for P3D now it is running smoothly and do my own comparison - lol.

If you do, PM me..and I will set you up with the Turbo Mod.

Mitch

I'm usually sceptical of reports of improvements with new drivers, but gave these a go and can honestly say I am seeing an improvement in terms of smoothness in Prepar3d V2.3, even when the framerate drops well below my target of 33 FPS.  I can also vouch for the increased clarity of the ground textures.  As far as the spikes or artifacts others have reported with these new drivers, I was actually getting those with the 337.88 drivers and the 344.11 have cleared them up :).  If your using Prepar3d I'd highly recommend giving them a try. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I'm sorry, but thinking that these drivers made P3D smoother is most likely just a placebo effect. They certainly didn't seem to make the sim worse, but I could never say that they definitely made it smoother.

In FSX, seems like it's helped my water effect performance.  I can't say it hurt anything in my P3D setup (my water if P3D stays perfectly still for some unknown reason...very, very weird).  It's still not as smooth as FSX when there are significant clouds present.   

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just an FYI.. Manuel from Nvidia has stated that DSR that is available on the 900 series WILL be passed down to Kepler cards as soon as testing is complete. I downsample all the time but curious how well Nvidias easy implementation of it pans out since they do a few passes of gaussian blur along with the down sample.  It may be a nice alternative to forcing SGSSAA in NI for those who aren't comfortable with current downsampling methods. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I tried the new driver last night, but the surround feature wouldn't work. Rolling back to 337 did the job.

surround feature?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yes. The Nvidia feature that allows you to turn three screens into one large screen. When I installed the driver last night, I clicked on surround and it refused to recognise my screens as being there, ready for action. Weirdly, I can set up multiple displays no problem. Hmmmm

I tried the new driver last night, but the surround feature wouldn't work. Rolling back to 337 did the job.

Your not the only one Jessica. I updated last night and 344 broke my Surround as well. It would only recognize two out of my three displays. I rolled back to 337 and my Surround works fine. I took a look on the NVIDIA Forums and seems as though 344 broke Surround for quite a few people.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Manuel from Nvidia has stated that DSR that is available on the 900 series WILL be passed down to Kepler cards as soon as testing is complete.

I will be interesting to see how well this works... downsampling does work great for cleaning up those edges, and reducing shimmering and I too use it in P3D though there is a fair performance hit.

most likely just a placebo effect.

It's not placebo in my case.  I've got a few scenarios that I use over and over again to test with.  You can count microstutters, even though it's sloppy, over a 10 second time in repeatable scenarios, and measure a difference.  With this method I can verify they're less than half of what they were.  

I can't say anything to framerates because my counter, riva and MSI combo, is broken because of updates to each erasing my on screen display configuration, which had to be set because I'm using oversizing hack to see 3 screens without distortion.  But there is an increase there too, I'd swear to it.

I'm going to clean up everything a little bit more and put in Rob's settings, as he is running 30% more screen than I am and getting butter smooth.  I hope it's not his 6GB  vs my 3GB VRAM.   His view sure looks nice through his videos.  I think that's testimony enough that P3D 2.3 is finally a matured product.  

As for needing top of the line hardware to get there?  Remember this is not a game?  It's a FAA certifiable simulator.  Rob's videos are proof that there is indeed a viable platform ... hardware and configuration specifications ... that if you follow you will get results that not will distract from, will live up to, expectations and full utility of a professional flight simulator.  I know that's a hard bitter pill to swallow, but aviation isn't a game, even though it's much more fun.  P3D 2.3 is a mature product, and will only get better as it ages like a fine wine.  Congratulations Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d Team.

I had to google DSR.  http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics

"Our new Maxwell architecture introduces a raft of innovative, exciting technologies that make your games better in dramatic ways. Of these new features, Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) will have largest impact, enhancing any game that supports resolutions above 1920x1080. What does DSR do? Simply put, it renders a game at a higher, more detailed resolution and intelligently shrinks the result back down to the resolution of your monitor, giving you 4K, 3840x2160-quality graphics on any screen."

That's pretty much what was called supersampling.   If it can make any screen look like Rob's videos that's gonna be sweet.

I've had basically good results with the new driver. My setup is pretty smooth so I really wouldn't notice an improvement. I DID notice a few things however -

I run SLI but NOT the AFR-Friendly tweak - I set it up in Nvidia CP and inspector. With this new driver I set the NVCP to defaults and NI just to enable SLI. What I noticed is that my GPU usage dropped with no loss in quality or performance. In areas where I would get 55-60% each I'm getting 35-45% each. I know it's working because if I run Furmark they both peg at 99%. So I don't understand why but I notice that improvement.

Other thing I noticed is more of a negative - if you recall the old "milk like" edges of clouds in FSX when they touched the terrain and would flicker ? - well I'm getting that same flicker only this is with the shadow edges as they touch the terrain. Did not get that with the 337's BUT I am also running NVCP default settings whereas with the 337's I had AA settings etc in NV and CP.

Bottom line is that I like the new driver.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors