Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird4509

New Nvidia Driver 344.11 Released

Probably same driver as last working version with tessellation fix - these drivers have really never shown much of anything from one to another from what I have seen - fustrating

Rich Sennett

I'm definitely seeing an improvement in framerate/stutter.  Definitely.  Time for Whopner.

I'm definitely seeing an improvement in framerate/stutter.  Definitely.  Time for Whopner.

Great news - thanks

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rob for testing, may I use your settings for NI?

http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_Settings_2.php

And referring to nVidia Control Panel we have to revert to default setting?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Mitch, I forgot to tell. I did try Ovaltine about 10 years ago, but the recipe did change. I remember that it was missing something. It just did not taste the same.

Bob

You or somebody with whom you cohabit aren't smokers are you?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yes, drivers seem to work very well ... butter smooth in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Butter smooth for me too. Can now get back to P3D and the wonderful A2A Cherokee. Can't wait for the Real Air products. So now have two great sims which I can alternate to my hearts content - P3D and XPX - what a wonderful dilemma!

cheers

Peter

Well, I have to say, that this driver is one of the clearest, blur-free drivers I can remember.  I just have to work out what is causing the black flash line artifacts...and then, it will be a keeper. Same FPS now as in the 377.88's..but again mentioned...much more blur-free.  I've used these now in XPX.30, FSX, and P3D...all better in clarity....

Mitch are you seeing them in all your sims or only P3D? I have updated driver and not getting artifacts in XPX or but I am getting black flashing lines in P3D but only out of right window (3rd screen) when banking and over trees?

PS will now need to purchase the C337H for P3D now it is running smoothly and do my own comparison - lol.

cheers

Peter

Well for me they have made a massive improvement to P3D. I was having horrible frame rate issues before but now it's running silky smooth

From EGFF to YSSY

Well these are very nice drivers - I'll be keeping these - it is smoother and external aircraft quality is much better

Rich Sennett

I downloaded this video from Rob Ainscough, it was an uncompressed version of a youtube video he posted today. Its the a2a 180 at Coff's (ORBX) and I watched it in 1080 (1g download) and I cannot believe what I am looking at, its sooo smooth and looks amazing, I feel like deleting FSX right now

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I downloaded this video from Rob Ainscough, it was an uncompressed version of a youtube video he posted today.

Glad you liked it, it actually is compressed ... it's the same file I upload to YouTube and then YouTube re-compresses.  I use ShadowPlay to record and it compresses the output (50Mbps is the max quality setting), uncompressed 3840 x 2160 footage would be something like 100GB per minute.

I made the file available for download because YouTube and ISPs and the like can often introduce stutters and visual issues that just aren't in the original file/video.  So to avoid the "it stutters" comments when watching YouTube, I make the video available for download.

Thanks Rob for testing, may I use your settings for NI?

Feel free to use or not whatever you like ... I just make them available in case it helps folks find a good compromise.  The settings I'm currently using are these: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php ... ignore the nVidia Control Panel settings as I currently have those set to all default for Prepar3D (use the Restore button).

I'll be testing v2.4 this weekend (LM were very quick to get this going), but Saturday I'm out with the wife as we're driving up to Ocean Ridge airport to check it out and then heading up the coast towards Mendocino.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

So what I am seeing in that video is pretty close to what youre seeing when you fly the sim? Because if so its unbelivable.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

external aircraft quality is much better
 Yeah.  I didn't get down very well and rolled off just the end of the runway and spun around stopped next to the taxiway.  Sat there a while to catch my breath and a yellow and white Orbix jet taxied right in front of me, reflective and shiny, it looked so real this time.  Impressive.

Rob,

So what I am seeing in that video is pretty close to what youre seeing when you fly the sim? Because if so its unbelivable.

His or anyone 's real life view... will always be better than any recording...but, we get your sentiment...I can't wait to try it out myself!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2