Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blaze

Imagine Sim Support

I know they may not be revered as a premium scenery provider but I have purchased a number of their airports over the years because it was their version or default.  I also understand that their support has been lacking for many a simmer but thought I would share this bit of information I got from Fran at IS.  I simply sent them the basic question if they plan on supporting P3dv2.3 or better since many of what they had for FSX are missing buildings etc in P3d here is the reply I received which BTW was quite timely (fast to respond )...

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

At this time we do not officially endorse P3D for our products, though the day is getting closer. The problem we have with P3D is that every month or so big changes are made to it’s 3D graphics system that would require quite a lot of re-working to any airport. However, it’s beginning to look as though P3D is entering a more settled phase so it’s just possible we’ll soon be able to release P3D specific products without having to worry about making multiple updates for them.

Regards,
Fran

Thought some of you may want to know where they stand.

Got the same email when I asked about Prepar3d. KDEN and KIAD bring Prepar3d to a slide show while all other FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, etc products work just fine!

Got the same email when I asked about Prepar3d. KDEN and KIAD bring Prepar3d to a slide show while all other FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, etc products work just fine!

If you have taxiways_##.bgl and taxilines_##.bgl with their airports, then try removing them. 

At least that's what helped me getting performance back at their VIDP airport in P3D.

Yeah to be honest I was surprised I got a reply at all. 

While I am absolutely not a scenery developer/programer at all I can't help but feel much of what IS learned was on the FS2004 platform and that they haven't evolved much since....complete speculation on my part but, hat's just what it looks like to me.

I gave up on IS products a long time ago.

Google it and you'll find extensive reasons why.

Still, people continue to buy and complain.

Duke, thanks for sharing your fix. I'm going to see if I can get katl working in p3d and will report back

The last airport I purchased of theirs was KCLT and thought it was pretty good. Not on the same level as your top tier developers but I didn't regret buying it. I don't complain about what I have from them I just manage my expectations. I wish they would update/upgrade KMCI as I like it's location for flying in the US. I haven't given up on them completely as I have with Blueprint.

I don't have those files to delete in my katl folder.  If I select KATL in the airport menu, P3D just crashes.