Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

B1900 is out!

As far as I can see, the label "Commercial Member" is written above Dan's (non-existing) user picture...?

Yes, I saw that. I can't be sure, but I think it was put there AFTER my post.

Welcome to the Commercial Developers Avsim Fraternity, Dan. Hope to see more of your posts around here.

The member is able to change his status above his Avatar through his profile but it is not officially changed until an Admin changes it in the system. I have now given him the Commercial member tag and it appears in orange below his Avatar. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Goran, Goran!  

Really?  How does me alluding to it make or break your product's status as being a competing product?  Can you name any add-on in the market that would qualify as a competing product, if yours doesn't?  What constitutes a competing product in your mind?  

Just because you make no explicit mention of the obvious, do you think it's OK for you to come on this thread and try to undermine the credibility of someone else's product and character?

And I'm simply asking you to refrain form making false observations that defame a competitor's products and reputation, no matter if you preface it with "I think".  

Why are you even reading this forum post?  What is your interest in what people say or think about this product?  There's plenty to read in here, especially for people who know you, your past, your attitudes, and even what you've gotten in trouble for on Avsim in the past.  Speaking of which:

Not only does AVSIM staff and many members in these forums know exactly my status in this community, but what you are trying to assert about me is false.  I have had the label "Commercial Member" for a very long time (I think over a year now), so please don't pretend as though there's no way of knowing whether it was just added after you mentioned it.  Again, this is a blatant attempt on your part to undermine my credibility, and stoke up controversy, and I will report this.

Further, you allude to ME promoting MY product.  This topic has been going on for 3 pages, without that I even got involved.  My first post in relation to the B1900 is directed towards addressing your post, not towards advertising the B1900.  Again, all of your accusations are baseless, and are worse than even what you are falsely trying to accuse me of: you're accusing me of sneakily trying to elevate my products, but what you are doing is, you are trying to systematically and falsely undermine my credibility and that of this product in this community.  

If this came from any non-commercial member in this community, of course it would be a different scenario… but since it's not hard to see what you're doing here, I think the community benefits from this added insight, and would agree with me that this is not appropriate.

Now I respectfully request again for you to refrain from getting involved in forum topics that deal with products yours is in competition with.

Dan, this isn't the place to air your frustrations and false beliefs about me.  If you have issues with me, I am always available to discuss them in private.  

Try not to read too much into 1 small, hesitant observation I made.  I would have done the same to anyone else.  It's all about making X-Plane a better experience for everyone.  Airing dirty laundry on a public forum starts to taint the thread.  Keep this about a quality product.  Not about any personal issues you have with me that you have been holding on to for the past few years.

You know where to find me.

I don't think this is correct.  Deploying flaps creates drag AND lift.  The drag should pull the nose DOWN while slowing the rate of descent.  I haven't heard of any aircraft pitch up when flaps are deployed.

The C172 will pitch up when deploying flaps....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Seems like the general consensus, according to the FAA, is the nose does pitch down.

But on some high wing aircraft, it pitches up momentarily and then pitches down.

Regardless, I don't want people to think I'm bashing a product.  It's not my intention at all.  If it pitches up on a 1900D, then I stand corrected.

Just offering a little constructive criticism.  

Yes Goran,

it depends on many factors, and as you know, internet sources are not all that good :-/

Some "T" tails offer a particular condition in regard to the effects of the deflected flow ( when flaps are lowered ) over the tail surfaces. But that's certainly not the only factor...

A C310 will markedly pitch up on flap deflection, same on a C152, C206, C210, Baron 58,  while for instance the Rockwell Commander 112 will pitch down as well as a Bonanza.

The main factors determining the pitching moment due to flap deflection are:

- displacement of the Center of Pressure 

- downwash on the tailplane

- drag 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Soooo...,

Windows 9 is going to be offered to Windows 8 users!  That's great news!

And this is related to this thread in which way?  :Confused:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Flap_(aircraft)

Some interesting facts and discussion.

Thanks! Esp. this part from the discussion page:

As wing flaps are extending or retracting the pitching moment is changing. As wing flaps are extended on a high wing aircraft the increase in downwash onto the horizontal stabilizer is predominant and the aircraft pitches nose-up, requiring the pilot to push on the elevator control or trim nose-down. Conversely, as wing flaps are extended on a low-wing aircraft the increase in pitching moment coefficient is predominant and the aircraft pitches nose-down, requiring the pilot to pull on the elevator control or trim nose-up.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Hey both Dan's/Carenado's products and Goran's products are awesome!

+10

wrong forum... Oops!

J, its no longer windows 9 but windows 10, its official.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hey guys.  I found this manual on the 1900D which seems to be definitive:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/156449280/Flight-Safety-Beechcraft-1900-Airliner-Pilot-Training-Manual

In chapter 15, the flap system is discussed thoroughly.  The question we are discussing seems to be here:

Lowering the flaps will produce these results:

ATTITUDE - Nose up

AIRSPEED - Reduced

STALL SPEED - Lowered

TRIM - Nose down adjustment required to maintain attitude.

John

John Wingold

I always thought once you lower flaps, you should expect the nose to pitch up. 

I always thought once you lower flaps, you should expect the nose to pitch up. 

A lot of people think that.  I was one of them until I took my first piloting written test and it asked if, generally, the nose pitches up or down when deploying flaps.

I got the answer wrong.  

If you've been on a 737 or 747, and they start deploying flaps, you'll feel the aircraft lurch forward.

But, as Jcomm mentioned, it depends on wing position and CoG.  Not sure if it depends on the type of tail it has, because I've flown Beech Skippers and they are T-Tails and they always pitch down when deploying flaps.

Looking forward to getting this aircraft but need 10.3 to work better than it is at the moment. Cant for the life of me get rid of these horrible stutters/freezes. Runs smoothly @ 40+ FPS then stops for like a second or 2 completely and then back up. Still working on it as really want this plane!

From EGFF to YSSY

horrible stutters/freezes. Runs smoothly @ 40+ FPS then stops for like a second or 2 completely and then back up.

I too have seen these and tend to blame them on my equipment, but seeing others with the same problem leads me to believe it is within the program.  It only happens occasionally and usually during a turn.  It probably has to do with a rapid change of scenery loading.  Does the program predict loading based on current direction?  I don't know.  I agree that the framerates do not indicate that it will not happen and there appears to be no "drop" in framerates - just a freeze.

John

John Wingold