Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

2.3 -> 2.4 update report

Download and installation of the v2.4 patch with method "A" without any problems. Runs obviously smooth and nice but I've to check more in detail.

Spirit

Well...OK....I wonder if anybody that went the patch route..actually got v2.4....and why do i ask?

NOBODY yet..is mentioning the fabulous new Raptor..!!!!   New cockpit...new exterior graphics...and a KILLER new after-burner effect...with color enhancements...and glow.

If you don't have a new Raptor...that's a good indication that you were not patched...

Still finding new things...and is it ever smooooooth!

Like somebody already said..the best P3D version ,yet!

Again..the Raptor is ace!

Is this still an Iris model?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Sesquashtoo and gboz, were you both on 5760?  I have a recent thread about an installer for the distortion-fixing shader.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452305-prepp3d-views-peripheral-distortion-correction/

I'm on a single monitor, Denali, and a GTX680

Is this still an Iris model?

gb.

Not sure what you mean regarding an Iris model....please explain, and I can give you more information.  I do know, that the entire v2.3 Raptor has been made over.  Excellent exterior skins...very dark and metallic...cockpit completely redone...much greater detail, and avionics have had a make over....etc.   If nobody has this in their patch version..then they did not get a full and true v.2.4 update that the full install would have given you....just a head's-up...

does anybody else get shimmering cloud shadows?   I had them in 2.3, but they didn't bother me much.  But now I need something new to complain about.

Where is that big airport by Denver again?

Denver_Raptor.jpg

I don't think this is it

Denver_Raptor2.jpg

If you forgot to return your Clouds.fx to it's v2.3 original state or didn't make a backup before you applied the v2.4 patch you can just delete or move Clouds.fx from the ShadersHLSL folder and reinstall the patch

Hi Jim

This is my case where i did not delete the manually modified cloud.fx file in 2.3. Now that I am patched to 2.4, can i delete the cloud.fx file and re-apply the patch over an existing 2.4 version or do i need to revert back to 2.3 before applying the patch?

Thanks!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Well...I found out that if you follow Rob's advice to back up your present v2.(x) files...the best way to upgrade..is to:

1. Back up the files as per Rob's advice and posting.

2. Uninstall your present v2.(x) but do not delete the folder it resided in...!!!

3. Download the FULL INSTALLER for the new version, and run it. Direct the installation to your OLD and (still there) folder that housed v2.(x) (3 in this case).

4. Run P3D, only to get to either the load screen, or the default airport, and THEN SHUT DOWN!  Do nothing else...end the program.

5. Bring back (per Rob's great instructions, your files, as stipulated

6. Since your ORBX, etc and add-ons are STILL INTACT in the folder that YOU DID NOT DELETE....and where you installed the new v2.(x) version...the prior version dll.xml file will find and run all your add-ons....GSX, ACCU-FEEL, all custom ORBX airports, freeware and payware...etc.

7. You do need to rerun all TEXTURE programs such as ORBX GLOBAL, VECTOR, and OpenLC(whatever).  This must be done, as the new v2.(x) overwrites those files in the Scenery/World folder, blah, blah.  This truly was the only thing I had to do, to bring back a full add-on pig-fest.... :) Also don't forget to bring back any theme into the simulator for your REX4 Direct textures. That's about it....

8...Enjoy the new version.  I recommend the above suggestions, over a patch job.  You will KNOW for sure, that you have a working next version with all recoding and files thereof....

NOBODY yet..is mentioning the fabulous new Raptor..!!!!   New cockpit...new exterior graphics...and a KILLER new after-burner effect...with color enhancements...and glow.

Strange there's nothing to be found of this in the list of all the things that were done in v2.4. I thought LM would have mentioned it if they gave one of the planes an upgrade like you describe. And are you sure it is the Raptor? This is a model done by Iris, so I would suspect they would have done this upgrade. The F35 is a default LM plane.

I'll check it out once I'm finished doing my fresh install of v2.4.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Strange there's nothing to be found of this in the list of all the things that were done in v2.4. I thought LM would have mentioned it if they gave one of the planes an upgrade like you describe. And are you sure it is the Raptor? This is a model done by Iris, so I would suspect they would have done this upgrade. The F35 is a default LM plane.

I'll check it out once I'm finished doing my fresh install of v2.4.

Oh..OK..that could be it...and if so..that would explain it.  When I first ran the new version, THAT (what I am talking about) was the default plane. I assumed it was the Raptor,  That is what comes up as Default, always.  I'll look into this the next time I run v2.4.  I am presently half way through my OpenLC Europe reinstall....

Is this the Raptor you speak of?

Raptor_AFAcademy.jpg

It's funny, somebody once tried to convince all of us you couldn't get this kind of performance out of a 32bit flight sim.

Is this the Raptor you speak of?

Raptor_AFAcademy.jpg

It's funny, somebody once tried to convince all of us you couldn't get this kind of performance out of a 32bit flight sim.

Tiny picture, but that looks like what came up as my Default flight, the first time P3D v2.4 ran.  If it has a killer after burner effect...then that's it!

Great post but I think I'm being thick.Could you elaborate point 7

Got it reinstall Texture programs.

Sure...no problem.  Point 7 references any GROUND textures that you purchased:  For instance,  ORBX Global, Orbx Vector, and OpenLC Europe.  The reason that you must reinstall the aforementioned, is because the v2.4 full install will OVERWRITE all the aforementioned texture files wih the P3D v2.4 STOCK files.  This does not happen to any other ORBX folder (where your airports are...regions are...etc), or if you have let's say My Traffic for A.I.,  an A2A folder for ACCU-Feel........the installer does not erase anything that it does not seek to write to. That is why, if you bring back (per Rob....) your backed-up v2.3 dll.xml and EXE file..that you (per Rob...) backed up prior to doing anything...that file will still point to and reference all the other custom folders in your old v2.3( now .4) folder...(that you DO NOT delete...) and they will all come back up, the first time you run v2.4!!!!  Even all your scenery files are still intact....so easy, and like I said..I had the benefit of the full installer...and only ten minutes more to bring back a few files...and whammo....v2.4 was up and running with all my custom everything.  I then shut down...and reinstalled ORBX Global110---to 120, Vector 110, to 115, and then the four-part files for OpenLC Europe. I just finished that...and am now fully functional as when v2.3 was the King. 

MItch