Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

2.3 -> 2.4 update report

I don't know.  I'm OK with it.  I don't see any difference in clarity.  Just a little bit smoother. 

I don't know.  I'm OK with it.  I don't see any difference in clarity.  Just a little bit smoother. 

Comments deleted.  Problem was a bypassed association in nVidia Inspector. Explanation down the thread...

Mitch

Hmm...maybe this has something to do with your patch/reinstall hybrid method? I certainly would like to know as I was going to use your method. Someone smarter than me would have to compare that method to the patch/full reinstall method to try and discover any issues it may have caused.

Ryan

Ryan

Hmm...maybe this has something to do with your patch/reinstall hybrid method?  I certainly would like to know as I was going to use your method.  Someone smarter than me would have to compare that method to the patch/full reinstall method to try and discover any issues it may have caused.

Ryan

Everything runs/ran just fine, with my install method.  The ground textures are exactly as they were ( to me...), in v2.2.   I deleted my comments though, 'cause I feel that everybody just needs to do their own thing, and decide what is right, or looks good to them. 

Mitch, I did a fresh v2.4 install and I really don't see any difference in texture visuals compared to v2.3... My performance though is a little less, but that's because I now have terrain shadows set at 30,000.

Paavo stated on his forum that it will be upgraded within 24 hours.  That was yesterday.

Ryan

Ah ok. Still not finished then I guess, because my update checker states I have the most recent version installed.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Anyone else still getting vertical spikes? I have autogen set to max fwiw. Just go to spot view and pan around while in the air.

Ooops I didn't delete my modified cloud.fx file before going through Rob's patch post.

Will check I've got the updated version tonight. If not can someone post the cloud.fx text for us to compare? Or is that not allowed?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Mitch, I did a fresh v2.4 install and I really don't see any difference in texture visuals compared to v2.3... My performance though is a little less, but that's because I now have terrain shadows set at 30,000.

Ah ok. Still not finished then I guess, because my update checker states I have the most recent version installed.

Hi Rim...,

Post Edit: I just discovered (there is always a reason for everything....geez...) what was happening to my texture visuals...geez:

It had nothing to do with v2.4...or the way I installed it. It has to do with nVidia Inspector.  When v2.4 was installed, it created a new association to nVidia Inspector, that bypassed my created entries...and THAT was the cause of my less-than-what-I-had-in-v2.3!!!  There was no nVidia settings working on the driver suite.  I had a hunch..and went exploring..and found that the installation created its own association.  I saw that...and then created all my changes to THAT association...and got back what I had in v2.3.  So...make sure after your patch/full install...whatever...that you only have ONE association to the v2.4 P3D.exe.....and THAT was the cause of my lousy graphic performance in v2.4.  I didn't have the same settings working on v2.4....from the get go...now I do...and all is well....

I hope this helps...

Mitch (and happy dancin' once more...  "....Whew!"......

Anyone else still getting vertical spikes? I have autogen set to max fwiw. Just go to spot view and pan around while in the air.

Yes, I just had that sort of artifact about ten minutes ago...not as bad as was seen in v2.3..but it did show itself, slightly, as it did you...

ASN is not compatible at this time with P3D v2.4.

I have emailed Hifi techn and it will be sorted in a few days.

Gav190

Darren

Darren Crosby

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpgpmdg_logo.gif

Hmm...maybe this has something to do with your patch/reinstall hybrid method? I certainly would like to know as I was going to use your method. Someone smarter than me would have to compare that method to the patch/full reinstall method to try and discover any issues it may have caused.

Ryan

Rjack....it was not my suggestion in how to upgrade. That still stands..and upgraded me perfectly. What happened was that the installation made a PrePar3D association, while in v2.3, I had a custom one in nVidia Inspector called only P3D. I had that linked to the v2.3 P3D.exe.   Installing v2.4 created an association that had no altered (my settings in nVidia Inspector) settings in the masks associated with it. So...just standard (not tweaked) settings were driving the driver suite.  THAT gave me the degraded visuals, I was seeing.  I changed the association that the installation created...and I was right back to the same great visuals, I enjoyed with v2.3.  So ..install away..and make sure that there is only ONE nVidia Inspector association that is linked to the new v2.4 P3D.exe file....   I hope this will help others, and alert them to what might be the same situation, that I found myself in....

So, for anybody that about two hours ago..read my personal opinion comments...and saw that I then deleted them, I just want the reader to be clear, that I had a created profile called P3D, that was running my custom settings when v2.3 was in play.  Then..I upgraded...and v2.4 created a Prepard3D profile...that was now running the show...and of course, with no customization from myself. No wonder...it looked like crap!  That has since been changed...and my settings are now within the Prepard3D profile. v2.4 looks great....and is a keeper once more...  I hope this might help others...

Mitch

I hope this might help others...

It sure does help since I also use NI for AA.  Thanks again.

BTW: I deleted the last remaining trace of your rant earlier.  We'll keep that between you and me. :Whew: 

Ryan

Ryan

It sure does help since I also use NI for AA.  Thanks again.

BTW: I deleted the last remaining trace of your rant earlier.  We'll keep that between you and me. :Whew: 

Ryan

RANT?!?!?!    LOL.....just an opinion, on what I was seeing,  prior to finding out what was happening, lol......RANT?   "Well..I never....".... :rolleyes:

That post of my 1,2,3,4...etc...worked really well..and gets you with a FULL INSTALL, up and running in less than an hour, with all your stuff (less ground textures,) intact...

You won't go wrong... :)   Watch out for that N.I. snafu.....

it created a new association to nVidia Inspector, that bypassed my created entries...and THAT was the cause of my less-than-what-I-had-in-v2.3!!!

Hi Mitch,

can you elaborate this a bit more in detail, please? What association does P3D v2 have to NI? Never heard this that way. Did your P3D v2 change the directory on your PC?

Spirit

Well...I found out that if you follow Rob's advice to back up your present v2.(x) files...the best way to upgrade..is to:

1. Back up the files as per Rob's advice and posting.

2. Uninstall your present v2.(x) but do not delete the folder it resided in...!!!

3. Download the FULL INSTALLER for the new version, and run it. Direct the installation to your OLD and (still there) folder that housed v2.(x) (3 in this case).

4. Run P3D, only to get to either the load screen, or the default airport, and THEN SHUT DOWN!  Do nothing else...end the program.

5. Bring back (per Rob's great instructions, your files, as stipulated

6. Since your ORBX, etc and add-ons are STILL INTACT in the folder that YOU DID NOT DELETE....and where you installed the new v2.(x) version...the prior version dll.xml file will find and run all your add-ons....GSX, ACCU-FEEL, all custom ORBX airports, freeware and payware...etc.

7. You do need to rerun all TEXTURE programs such as ORBX GLOBAL, VECTOR, and OpenLC(whatever).  This must be done, as the new v2.(x) overwrites those files in the Scenery/World folder, blah, blah.  This truly was the only thing I had to do, to bring back a full add-on pig-fest.... :) Also don't forget to bring back any theme into the simulator for your REX4 Direct textures. That's about it....

8...Enjoy the new version.  I recommend the above suggestions, over a patch job.  You will KNOW for sure, that you have a working next version with all recoding and files thereof....

Thanks, very good, work fine.

But can we have someone on the staff explain why some of us cannot update from 2.3 to 2.4?. I had the same issue from 2.2 to 2.3.seems though the crowd having this issue are small.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png