Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

Wrong ;-)

Can you please elaborate André? what am I missing here?

but in FSX/P3D? I don't think it adds anything

I hope you're not missing the step where you have to Alt-Enter in full screen mode to apply the new DSR setting...if you don't now see tiny red fps/hdg text, then you haven't enabled anything yet! 

I hope you're not missing the step where you have to Alt-Enter in full screen mode to apply the new DSR setting...if you don't now see tiny red fps/hdg text, then you haven't enabled anything yet! 

I can't try it. My GPU is an AMD. What I mean is it doesn't add anything compared to SGSSAA

No joy on mobile cards still?

For now, just use the SSAA setting in the prepar3d.cfg file.  Make it SSAA = 4 or 8.  It pretty much does the same thing. 

Dear All,

Apology if asking something already answered: does DSR supports nvidia surround 3 screens ?

Cheers

With 4xDSR you actually do not need any AF anymore. I would still keep the 16xAF setting in nVidia Inspector though. And the driver forced negative LOD and this setting to -1.000. Basically what is described for DX10 in FSX in the guide. As I do not own P3D, I can't tell for sure how those Inspector settings will work, but AA is definitely obsolete when using 4xDSR (as it equals 4xSGSSAA...). But in the end, you can't avoid playing around with the settings some time to find your personal best solution, as each system and monitor setup is slightly different.

Let me see if I well understand.....

In FSX DX10 SteveFX don't you use any more AA? In your opinion is better To uncheck AA box into FSX? and still use AF 16x in NI? I usee AA checked into FSX and Anisotropic filter Trilinear, but no more NI.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Here is my first attempt on FSX using DSR, the result are very good so far!

Much sharper textures and reduced jagged edges all over the simulator.

Attached is some pictures just to show the people who claim no benefit from using such great feature..

I'm still experimenting though, it's still under testing

NOTE: All DSR off pictures are taken with the highest settings in NI + DX10 fixer set to 16x AA

DSR OFF

1QKiNIm.jpg

DSR ON

a4htGCQ.jpg

DSR OFF +ZOOM

DGd4D7n.png

DSR ON +ZOOM

83OsgnW.png

DSR OFF

N9BxFCJ.jpg

DSR ON

iBX5cFT.jpg

DSR OFF +ZOOM

rifFWXv.png

DSR ON +ZOOM

yx942gJ.png

Here is my first attempt on FSX using DSR, the result are very good so far!

Much sharper textures and reduced jagged edges all over the simulator.

Attached is some pictures just to show the people who claim no benefit from using such great feature..

I'm still experimenting though, it's still under testing

NOTE: All DSR off pictures are taken with the highest settings in NI + DX10 fixer set to 16x AA

DSR OFF

DSR ON

DSR OFF +ZOOM

DSR ON +ZOOM

DSR OFF

DSR ON

DSR OFF +ZOOM

DSR ON +ZOOM

That zoom is in-game zoom or did you zoom in the screenshots?

Thanks for your test aviators8, can you confirm that you are using NI? why? can you post your nvidia cp and NI settings? Very good screen!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You guys know screenshots with 4xDSR are 4x the original resolution right? What is shown there is not what you see on screen with DSR after the image goes through the filter

That zoom is in-game zoom or did you zoom in the screenshots?

I see your point, but for me they both looked sharper in DSR..

You can see the cockpit picture to see all the difference (without even looking at the zoom ones)

The reason I zoomed in the screenshots, is to confirm that the image was actually sharper and not just POV effect from using a higher resolution. 

You guys know screenshots with 4xDSR are 4x the original resolution right? What is shown there is not what you see on screen with DSR after the image goes through the filter

I don't know what are you trying to say!

But judging from your previous comments, I could say that although you have an AMD card and never tried DSR or even had a chance to see it in real life..

And for some reason you still have better experience with this feature more than all of us?!  <_<

You can see the cockpit picture to see all the difference (without even looking at the zoom ones)

The reason I zoomed in the screenshots, is to confirm that the image was actually sharper and not a just POV effect from using a higher resolution. 

I don't think you see my point. When you took the cockpit shots, what resolution where those? wasn't the one taken with DSR much bigger?

Difference is day and night - well done - but you guys need to post your screen native resolution so high resolution screen users can tell if this will help - thanks

Rich Sennett

Difference is day and night - well done - but you guys need to post your screen native resolution so high resolution screen users can tell if this will help - thanks

Pictures above -without the zoom ones, are all in native resolution of 1920x1080!

Pictures above -without the zoom ones, are all in native resolution of 1920x1080!

Thanks - but your monitor is native 1080 right - as your resolution in P3D will be higher for this to work - only care about your native resolution - seems for high resolution monitors DSR is not needed from what I am seeing, I am not getting these features with my monitor (2560x1440) so seems useless to me so far

Rich Sennett