Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

The font thing with the 744 is being caused by DPI scaling in Windows - go set it to 100% (Smaller) in the Screen resolution/Make text and other items larger or smaller screen. (right click the desktop to get these)

Yup thats it Ryan - forgot that one

Rich Sennett

You guys are true Scholars. Thank you for this. I obtained the option but can't see the results until I land.

Thank you again. :-)

Since I have been doing my flights with DSR (1.5x, 2x and even 4x) I can't seem to completely finish a flight without a OOM. Anyone else see a huge difference in VAS when doing this?

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I am using 3 1920x1080 monitors.  All you have to do is check "black out" and specify the larger resolution ... for each monitor ... using the dropdown box for the GPU selection where resolution is set for full screen in P3D.  It works beautifully.

This works fine if you are spanning monitors or dragging gauges across to the second monitor. However, if you wish to view other apps on the second monitor, e.g. EFB, AS Next, then it does not work as you are basically assigning the second monitor to P3D/FSX.

Did you read some pages back in this post Mark as put together a complete install no muss needed - no need to do the inf - simply install his version

Here is the link bottom of the post

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453097-dsr-wow-must-see/page-12

I have tried that modified file, but again, it does not cater for Mobile/Laptop cards. This is reflected in its inf file, which does not contain any cards with the "M" after the card number (for example, mine should be "GTX670MX")

Anyone else with a laptop (other than the 900's) had any luck in getting these drivers to run on their machine?

:(

So have you guys removed Nvidia Inspector entirely?  

I know Ryan had a great setup flow for NI, has anyone done the same sort of thing for DSR yet?  Just want to make sure i don't miss anything in my setup :)

As others have said, big thank you to the OP for sharing!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

So have you guys removed Nvidia Inspector entirely?  

I know Ryan had a great setup flow for NI, has anyone done the same sort of thing for DSR yet?  Just want to make sure i don't miss anything in my setup :)

As others have said, big thank you to the OP for sharing!

You do not use NI with DSR not needed or even P3D 2.4 without DSR - just use nvidia control panel all I did was leave it stock except for image quality - I set that to high - good luck

Rich Sennett

I suspect it's going to be possible to produce even better image quality on the high end cards like the 970 and 980 by applying a small amount of normal AA in conjunction with the DSR - even 2x or something will probably be enough to almost completely eliminate all shimmering, even at really oblique angles to the object. DSR is effectively like brute force supersample AA already with some enhancements, so I'm thinking that we can essentially use it to create a really high quality version of the combined "#xS" modes from the pre-DSR era by tacking some light MSAA on. (also interested to try the 9 series's new MFAA algorithm out too) 

Since I have been doing my flights with DSR (1.5x, 2x and even 4x) I can't seem to completely finish a flight without a OOM. Anyone else see a huge difference in VAS when doing this?

This might make sense actually - DX9 shadows in-use VRAM into VAS unfortunately and running 4K vs. 1080p will definitely increase VRAM usage somewhat. You can monitor/log it with FSUIPC and test. GPU-Z or any of the utilities like MSI Afterburner or EVGA precision should be able to show you the card's true VRAM use too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I suspect it's going to be possible to produce even better image quality on the high end cards like the 970 and 980 by applying a small amount of normal AA in conjunction with the DSR - even 2x or something will probably be enough to almost completely eliminate all shimmering, even at really oblique angles to the object. DSR is effectively like brute force supersample AA already with some enhancements - so I'm thinking that we can essentially use it to create a really high quality version of the "#xS" combined modes from the pre-DSR era. 

Ryan what monitor and what  is your native resolution 

Rich Sennett

However, if you wish to view other apps on the second monitor, e.g. EFB, AS Next, then it does not work

good point.  Although it seems to be OK for me.  I run P3D in the background while I do other business.  I am one of those freaks that loves airline flying, and I sometimes do my best work in flight.  Now I can do it at my desktop at home.

This DSR information is exciting! When I tried P3D 2.0 the biggest issue for me, coming from FSX, was the lackluster anti aliasing.

I upgraded to a GTX 970 recently, so I will have to repurchase P3D and give it a spin with DSR sometime...

You do not use NI with DSR not needed or even P3D 2.4 without DSR - just use nvidia control panel all I did was leave it stock except for image quality - I set that to high - good luck

I haven't changed a thing in the Nvidia control panel since installing this driver.

Performance/image quality is really good with my internal P3D settings now whereas before I could not get rid of jaggies etc without using the Nvidia control panel.

I have DSR on but am using my default monitor resolution and it looks great. Sharper panels, autogen merges in with the landscape and airports "sit" correctly on the scenery with no flickering to distract you. Runways still look awful in rain but I guess that is an LM bug not something the driver can fix.

FPS is a little lower than before (on average) BUT even if it dips into the low twenties I don't notice any significant stutters. Much nicer for making approaches into the bigger more FPS intensive airports.

Great find Rich thank you!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Great find Rich thank you!

Thanks Buddy for the Kudos - don't tell Nvidia - they will just rename it and say here you go new desktop driver  :)

Rich Sennett

No joy on mobile cards still? Tried modding the inf file to no avail.. According to another thread (now p3d/fsx), a nvidia rep couldn't out a timeframe on if or when they would be available for laptop cards..

Any gurus able to help me and many others out?