Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Got PrecipitFX snow effects working in p3dv2 AMAZING!

Thats how I did it. The program doesn't ask for a directory but there are ways to trick your computer to install things in the p3d folder even if they are aimed to the FSX one without EMT but EMT makes it simple.

I'm not sure how you would install Precipitfx without the tool as it never asks you where to install it too - just one quick splash and the party is over - strange but alI would not dare to install it with out EMT - I could now I know where it went but senseless not to have EMT - with all the addons I have and it has not let me down yet - excellent tool

Rich Sennett

I hope you guys all like this package! It's the first step in a series of effects packages of incredible quality.

Thanks for the info Keven. 

Purchased the package and already love what's its done for the rain / snow effects- great stuff. Should tie me over till the true P3D version makes it out...

Thank you Keven regarding info about the EMT .I do not own that tool and was wondering if a purchase in order, you answered it.

No idea what is broken but from what I have seen most seems to be working - especially rain and snow

Hey Richard -

I just bought it and installed and ran a few quick tests. The precipitation, contrails and wingtip vortices looks like they are working. What I did not see working was any wheel spray effects anymore, no engine wash, and no smoke on hard braking, Can you please confirm on your system....

Thanks - Daniel

Hey Richard -

I just bought it and installed and ran a few quick tests. The precipitation, contrails and wingtip vortices looks like they are working. What I did not see working was any wheel spray effects anymore, no engine wash, and no smoke on hard braking, Can you please confirm on your system....

Thanks - Daniel

Confirmed you are correct - well sometimes I see wheel spray - wingtip vortices  need to be more pronounced 

Rich Sennett

As for contrails - how long they are and - what is more important to me  - are they work with AI planes and on VATSIM?

As for contrails - how long they are and - what is more important to me  - are they work with AI planes and on VATSIM?

How long - I think it depends on the weather and temperature - have to ask developer - no ai installed yet so I dont know - dont expect the world as it is not intended for P3D yet and has been stated as such - if you want a nice snow and rain this is for you engine smoke at altitude works including wing vorticies - taking off from runway they work just not as pronounced as they should be

Rich Sennett

Confirmed you are correct - well sometimes I see wheel spray - wingtip vortices  need to be more pronounced 

So how do we get them default ones back until they work in P3D? Do we need to un-install and then just re-install and check only the precipitation effects or just move the default back up effects back in place?

So how do we get them default ones back until they work in P3D? Do we need to un-install and then just re-install and check only the precipitation effects or just move the default back up effects back in place?

I have not uninstalled it but I would assume just go to add remove programs in windows and that should do it

Rich Sennett

So how does it do with rain when looking out of the cockpit both on the ground and in flight?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Would I benefit this product if I only fly from the flight deck? Will I see any of these effects?

David.

So how does it do with rain when looking out of the cockpit both on the ground and in flight?

Looks much better and hyperdrive thing is only fi your flying a jet real fast

Would I benefit this product if I only fly from the flight deck? Will I see any of these effects?

David.

Yes it looks much better in the cockpit or I wouldn't be talking about it

Rich Sennett

Here's a video I made!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Great video - just luv the raindrops on the windshield - you almost killed your self a few times lol - thanks for sharing Dave this should help others on the fence - to me its day and night and very happy with it

Rich Sennett