Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Got PrecipitFX snow effects working in p3dv2 AMAZING!

There's something wrong with your EMT if you have to do any file manipualtion in your FSX install...

Yes and in P3D also - user error I suspect

Rich Sennett

The FSX version lasts for about 10 seconds and yes, they work on AI. We were not satisfied with the performance of longer contrails in FSX. The Prepar3D version will probably be longer since we have more headroom before it starts to affect performance.

This sounds very promising to me! And what about VATSIM contrails? It's very important to me (and not only to me I think) to have contrails working with vatsim pilots.

I think it's pretty easy to make them working as I had in the past some free contrail fx file which works with VATSIM online users and made contrails 50nm long.

Yes and in P3D also - user error I suspect

Any ideas?  Factory reset?  And I intend to throw FSX away. Only thing is the 777 but I don't fly longhaul that much

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Any ideas?  Factory reset?  And I intend to throw FSX away. Only thing is the 777 but I don't fly longhaul that much

Just messing with you Buddy - weird day on my end :) did you get it working ok - I can post a screenshot of P3D folder structure if you need it

I want this now!  Shut up and take my money!   The default snow effects make my eyes bleed and my cat hisses at my simulator when it snows or rains!

Brian you need to get this for sure

Rich Sennett

Just messing with you Buddy - weird day on my end :) did you get it working ok - I can post a screenshot pf P3D folder structure if you need it

Yes I got it working just great. The NGX has dual chemtrail but I don't mind I don't go outside much anyhow.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yes I got it working just great. The NGX has dual chemtrail but I don't mind I don't go outside much anyhow.

Great news :) that will all be fixed in the correct version

Rich Sennett

I knew there was something I hadnt installed in to P3D yet!

From EGFF to YSSY

Sadly not currently working when I used Estonia Tool to install to P3D. It might be because I still have it installed for FSX (PMDG stuff) and wont allow dual installs.

From EGFF to YSSY

Sadly not currently working when I used Estonia Tool to install to P3D. It might be because I still have it installed for FSX (PMDG stuff) and wont allow dual installs.

Just llok where and what it installed into FSX and copy those files over to P3D  in the proper folders

Rich Sennett

I'll probably get this when the P3D version comes out. I get quite an FPS hit with the default rain - maybe this will improve the FPS and make it look better.

Do you guys get better FPS or about the same with it installed?

Thanks

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I'll probably get this when the P3D version comes out. I get quite an FPS hit with the default rain - maybe this will improve the FPS and make it look better?

Thanks

Adam

YES - Go for it wont regret it - take care Adam

Rich Sennett

No change in FPS Adam (better or worse), but there's a huge improvement in visuals...

I'll probably get this when the P3D version comes out. I get quite an FPS hit with the default rain - maybe this will improve the FPS and make it look better.

Thanks

Adam

No impact on frames either way but just an FYI if you run nvidia the latest driver update gave me a few extra fps

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi guys, I installed PrecipitFX with EMT, all went well(I think) but is it normal to get this vortex effect? It is really bad at night when it is more clear to see.