Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Boeing 757/767. The series that has been forgotten.

Unfortunately, it's an auto installer, and it will only install to FS9.

- Roger Neves

I'm confused.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi,

PMDG should take action to make the 767-400ER. That would be superb!

Doubt they'd ever consider it; in reality, there are only two carriers in the world to my knowledge that operate them - and a pretty limited number to boot - United and Delta.

I'm confused.

The installer for the Zinertek VC textures will only work with FS9. It specifically looks for the FS9 folder/.exe. I've already contacted their support about it when I tried to install it into FSX:SE.

Only way I imagine you might get it to work is if you have FS9 installed on your PC. Then you could just install it there, and then perhaps copy the textures into the proper FSX folder. Even then, I know nothing about compatibility issues, as it's not supported for FSX whatsoever.

Old thread is old :P

There are many carriers in the world that operate 767s, but unfortunately not as many as there used to be.

Ah sorry I didn't see you were just talking about the 400ER. Apologies

Orman

British Airways still flies 767s.  I know because I recently flew direct from Heathrow to Grand Cayman on one! 

Supporter.png

John

There are lots of 767s flying. Even then, some people enjoy flying these older and classic birds over the newer material.

I guess there is market for a 767 and a 757, it's amazing no company picked them up for some serious approach other than Level-D and Captain Sim. And those leave a lot to be desired by today's standards, be it systems or cockpit quality.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

British Airways still flies 767s.  I know because I recently flew direct from Heathrow to Grand Cayman on one!

Since August, British Airways no longer uses the 767 on longhaul flights. Most of their longhaul 767s are retired now.

Marc ter Heide

There are lots of 767s flying. Even then, some people enjoy flying these older and classic birds over the newer material.

I guess there is market for a 767 and a 757, it's amazing no company picked them up for some serious approach other than Level-D and Captain Sim. And those leave a lot to be desired by today's standards, be it systems or cockpit quality.

I agree. The T7, great work that it is by PMDG is just too automated. When I want to fly something bigger then the 737 I prefer the LevelD now that I got it working in W10. The 767 takes more interaction by the pilot other then programing the FMC and there is more choices in real world short to medium world routes.

When I see a gracefull MD80 climbing out I get the urge to take my Leonardo for a hop.    

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Only way I imagine you might get it to work is if you have FS9 installed on your PC. Then you could just install it there, and then perhaps copy the textures into the proper FSX folder. Even then, I know nothing about compatibility issues, as it's not supported for FSX whatsoever.

Old thread is old :P

You don't need FS9 installed to get them to work; instead, just use Flight 1 registry fixer to create a FS9 entry in the registry. Point that registry to a file location of your choosing, install Zinertek textures, and cut and paste them to your LvlD folder. However, be warned, the textures will limit your FPS in DX10 environments.

Also, there are better freeware textures that were just uploaded to AFSIMS library about a year ago....

Matt King

Since August, British Airways no longer uses the 767 on longhaul flights. Most of their longhaul 767s are retired now.

I think at least some of them are used in heavy load short haul - from what I remember routes like Heathrow/Madrid etc

I prefer the LevelD now that I got it working in W10...

Prey tell - how did you pull that off?!

If you have a link or guidance, pass it along - all my efforts toward that end have been for naught so far.

-Greg

Prey tell - how did you pull that off?!

If you have a link or guidance, pass it along - all my efforts toward that end have been for naught so far.

-Greg

Go to the Level D fourm-Lvl D for FSX Product Support. Go to BETA TEST TOOL ON Windows 10.Down Load and apply. Then turn off Windows Error Reporting. Don't forget to reboot. Now my LVL D 767 runs as good as ever. 

Vic green