Sign in to follow this  
rjack1282

Flight plans are not loading into default GPS

I'm not sure if I am missing something after reading through the manual but my created flight plan is not loading into the default GPS units. One of the great things about Plan G was the ability to create and export a .pln and then load that .pln through the flight planner of P3D and all the waypoints would then be listed in the GPS unit. This is the only feature that I have been unable to figure out. Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

I don't quite understand what you want to achieve. Can you describe the steps you take within SLX and what you expect to see in P3D?

If you select the flight plans window, there's a 'Send to simulator' button on the ribbon. If you press this button, the selected flight plan will be sent over to P3D. Is this what you were looking for?

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten, i create a flight plan and save it. Then i open P3D and go to the flight planner and press load and it doesn't load. Other flight plans made with FS Commander load ok.

Regards.

If you select the flight plans window, there's a 'Send to simulator' button on the ribbon. If you press this button, the selected flight plan will be sent over to P3D. I

Maarten,

I confirm that does not work with your latest version (using P3Dv2.4).

Simconnect gives a message that the flight plan has been sent, but in the sim the flight plan is not received (or seen).

Also, loading a SLX generated flight plan will not load when using the P3D flight planning menu. I can see the FP, I can click it, I can use the load button, no error is shown, but the FP will not load.

Simconnect gives a message that the flight plan has been sent, but in the sim the flight plan is not received (or seen).

Also, loading a SLX generated flight plan will not load when using the P3D flight planning menu. I can see the FP, I can click it, I can use the load button, no error is shown, but the FP will not load.

This describes the issue well.  The SLX generated flight plans will not load into the default GPS units.

Ryan

Maarten,

I confirm that does not work with your latest version (using P3Dv2.4).

Yes exactly.

The .pln file is created, correctly associated with the flight but isn't loaded.

Same here with FSX.   Sent FP to FSX by SLX, started FSX, selected the SLX flightplan, listed with all of my other flight plans but the file appears to be blank because when I load this file nothing is displayed in the departure and destination boxes.   Creating a flightplan with another program and exporting to FSX works just fine.   SLX will see this flight plan and I can use the other programs flight plan in SLX and start my flight without issues.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Hi all,

Please check the latest version. It could make a difference.

thanks, Maarten

No difference here, Maarten. Still doesn't load. Nothing is displayed in the departure and destination boxes.

Working fine here...

Select flight plan window and then click Load in Simulator...

P3d 2.4  Win 8.1 and slx on Client pc..

tested with carenado Phenom 100

Thx Maarten

No difference here, Maarten. Still doesn't load. Nothing is displayed in the departure and destination boxes.

Does not work for me either in FSX.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

:wacko:  thats weird, now isn't working.. But it did worked, once...

I get the green bar loading flight, but nothing happens now. will keep testing

That's what happens to me in P3D v2.4 also. And can't also create a navigation log. It gives a warning to contact Maarten. Don't know if this is related to the flight plan problem.

Ok, if i create a new flight plan using EFASS, flight plan loads fine (sending by Load in Simulator), but if I edit that plan with SLX, and then sent to sim, I get the green bar reading, but nothing happens.

So its works, if I dont edit the flight plan... sry for my bad english...

Maarten if you need any kind of help identifying this annoying issue please feel free to ask.

For now the program is not usable.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Best,

David

Hi all,

I did indeed make a mistake when saving the flight plans. Hopefully it's fixed with the latest version.

thanks for your patience,

Maarten

Works perfect... WP1 and WP2 added to flight plan ... reading fine on sim, sent from client...

Thx Maarten

Yes, i confirm now it works and the plan loads into the GPS. Thanks Maarten!