Sign in to follow this  
wissper

PMDG 777 Prepare3d with FSX license

What differences in software/modeling do you think can we expect from 777 for P3D vs FSX?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Maybe we can expect the NGX also soon?

Don't count on it too soon. ;-)

What differences in software/modeling do you think can we expect from 777 for P3D vs FSX?

Softwarewise, the differences probably won't be too obvious for end-users. The major differences are probably under the hood.

The biggest difference will surely be within the licensing, not the software itself.

It seems to me like its only one guy working on it. I mean, cmon, how hard can it be to just port the damn thing. Let the raging begin  :P

No seriously, I'm joking. But a little truth also. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The biggest difference in fsx and p3d are in fact the licences and of course the possibility of a money melking machine. Honestly... if pmdg just only had an agreement with boeing or LM they'd be good to ignore steps to fly the T7 on P3D but with every patch they coded incompatibility again instead of ignoring those users as long as they're not shouting out too loudly. The T7 is bleeding edge and everyone, including me, is buying the T7 on P3D so it's a good money making. Stupit if PMDG would think we're all preparing our next T7 checkflight.  B)

On the other hand... pmdg products were bleeding edge since their first 737 for fly!. I know some dev's don't go into detail like pmdg does because they say most of the customers do not need this feature nor are willing to pay about $100 for an aircraft. There seems to only be some people buying this fine peace of aircraft. So yes I'm gonne support the dev's making some new and more exciting aircrafts looking forward DC6 and of course 747. :)

so no discount?

Not true - depends on a lot of things that are not finalized yet 

Rich Sennett

My guess is that if someone forks over $350 mil. you've seen the last PMDG aircraft. The captain and his crew will be leaving for a tropical island!

If they don't mind, I hope they give me the opportunity to fly them there with an MD-11.  I will do my best using the knowledge and skills I learned from flying their add on.

so no discount?

LICENSE CONVERSION/DUAL USE:

============================

Customers who own a license to use a PMDG product on a platform other than P3D will not be able to convert the non-P3D license for use on P3D.  PMDG licensing is issued on a per-platform and per-product basis and this is not anticipated to change with the addition of new simulation platforms to the marketplace.

We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

"We are currently evaluating offering promotional pricing for users who wish to change platforms, but the details of this offer are still being evaluated and the program will be offered for a very limited period of time."

Exactly what I said - just in a different way :)

A2A did the same thing

Rich Sennett

That would be the end of FSX for me in that case.

For me too, except FS Labs Airbus is comming soonish... so I guess that stays