Sign in to follow this  
pilot83

Approaching NYC - Manhattan X plane 10.30 shots

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Superb job!! love #2 & #4 shots, what's the name of this NY scenery?

Thanks! the scenery is Aerosoft Manhattan X for FSX converted to X plane via the tool FS2XPlane.

Thanks! the scenery is Aerosoft Manhattan X for FSX converted to X plane via the tool FS2XPlane.

Thank you for sharing, seeing these screen shots of XPX makes one wonder why isn't this sim not getting more love from the wider sim community.

They look brilliant. 

Thank you for sharing, seeing these screen shots of XPX makes one wonder why this sin isn't getting more love from the wider sim community.

Bingo,  just what i was just thinking.  I think in the next couple of months there might be a change in shift towards X-plane. 

Wat fps ?

FPS is shown to the left of the 1st and 2nd pics, in the Neo airbus 320 i was getting between 24 and 28, however in general on my pc it varies between 20 and 30 depending on the view, weather, Radius.

Thank you for sharing, seeing these screen shots of XPX makes one wonder why isn't this sim not getting more love from the wider sim community.

because of the investment made in MSFS add ons and stuff. PMDG etc.. plus XPX has horrible AI and Airports or ATC, but I enjoy it daily the sim is awesome unless LR messes it up somewhere.

FPS is shown to the left of the 1st and 2nd pics, in the Neo airbus 320 i was getting between 24 and 28, however in general on my pc it varies between 20 and 30 depending on the view, weather, Radius.

Not readable.

You must be having a strong system to run that scenery and get around 20 fps.

because of the investment made in MSFS add ons and stuff. PMDG etc.. plus XPX has horrible AI and Airports or ATC, but I enjoy it daily the sim is awesome unless LR messes it up somewhere.

Not readable.

The pictures are great, and show what XPX can be capable of. I converted the Aerosoft scenery as well, and it was very pretty. I just thought it was a shame that you have to import from another sim to get fully night-lit buildings to match those great streetlights.

Not readable.

I do have FSX but i wanted to try 64 bit. Its good to encourage all sims.

Lot of FSX add ons can be converted to X plane (some fully or partially but can be edited) and lot of freeware airports similar to paywares are available on http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads + PMDG is developping for XPX.

XPX ATC is not nice but Pro Flight Emulator for FSX works in XPX (needs some plugins additions) but dont recognize traffic, but its a good replacement for ATC default.

AI traffic : World Traffic is an add on that adds AI traffic but needs some manual additions of flight plans and ground routes available on X plane forums.

My PC I7-4770K CPU@3.5GHZ 8GB RAM GE FORCE 650 Ti

I just thought it was a shame that you have to import from another sim to get fully night-lit buildings to match those great streetlights.

I agree; But it shows the potential of XPX, if only 3pd could see that as well.