Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Ariane Purchase?

Guest svein

Hello guys!Interesting to see the ariane discussion still ongoing in here:)Thought opposite to last time i wrote here, it seems like more and more people fancy the ariane in its way...or dare talk about it anyways:)Michael ,the review you refered to...had to search it up to see what it said, before making any conlusions here.To be honest i have to say,at the moment i only have 3 addon aircraftsin my FS folder; Lago MD80,Fanda Dash8 and...yes the PMDG 737.At the moment i still has to say,that the PMDG is to me a more complete product than Ariane.But i have to say that i have not bought their latest addons, like the HI-DEF and 2Di or something, so i cant make any conlusions on them.Still i vote in favour for the Ariane, because there was and hopefully still is a great potential in it.I see some poste above here that there is a fix for the blurieness, so i might just have to reinstall to check out if that makes it better.Refering to the review, here are some issues i wonder if have been fixed;-Incomplete NAV data for northern europe,i.e.Norway.-Cannot connect autopilot or autothrottle.About the FPS issue, i checked my review and i see that the FPS score in ariane came out a little unclear.To be more specific;ariane scores very high in VC,in overall better than PMDG.What i mean by in overall is that ariane has a stable fps in VC, during normal flight,turning and panning.PMDG has what i like to call a "unstable" FPS score.In my system(AMD2800,Radeon9800 Pro,1G DDR RAM,SB Audigy) it seems like FPS drops or become unstable when u do a turn or pan around in VC.This is very annoying when u first start to see it.Well anyways, gotta go do a reinstall.But the final word:The pushback tug...this is a really cool addon in the ariane pack.Thumbs up!A little edit here at the end:To those not getting any replies from Ariane.Check your junk mail folder,or filter.My hotmail filtered it out as junk mail, so i never got their replies,which a can state now was very fast and very polite.I have no negativ opinions on their customer service!

Guest svein

Actuallt i did i reinstall just now of the ariane, and i have to bite the sour apple as we say in Norway:)FPS at my system with Ariane 737-900 VCe,no tweaks= 20-23 fpsFPS at my system with PMDG 737-900 VC, some tweaks= 40-60 fpsSorry,at the moment at my system it looks as the PMDG knockout the Ariane with a great margin:(This could be system dependent, as at the time of my review, it was opposite around.Go figure...

Guest svein

Here you go!www.arianedesign.com

Ariane has more "alcarte" fees for lost reciepts,orders and subscriptions than any other vendor that I am aware of. (25 Euro's for replacment files!)I'm surprise they don't charge for viewing their website. I would love to try their products but cannot accept the non competitive charges. (Flight1,FDS,PMDG charge nothing for replacements). I'm to disorganized to NOT loose license keys and files.:)My feeling is they would sell many more aircraft using Flight1 as a publisher. The cost for the publisher would be offset by the hundreds of additional orders. Bob....

Svein why don't you see if you can get the latest version of your aircraft??? What your reporting is light years away from what I'm seeing on my system. The more I fly the Ariane model the more I'm finding it so much on par with LDS's 767. PMDG has a great product but as of now it needs an update. PMDG has stated they will release the BBJ variant after the 747 so maybe that will do the trick. I've been in a real 737NG cockpit at an air function we had here a few years back (Airport Days at KMSP). I really really hate to say this but the Ariane model gives a far better feel of the 737NG flight deck than the PMDG model does. Another issue with the PMDG model is like you mentioned above, "it seems like FPS drops or become unstable when u do a turn or pan around in VC."This is very true. Not to mention you site very low in the PMDG cockpit and the seats are very small concidering how they are in the real bird. When you adjust your seat height to a more realistic level, you look over to your right you find your looking down at the right seat (or the top of the right seat is below you). It almost looks like your standing up in the cockpit and that shouldn't be with just couple clicks (to raise your eyepoint)... The Ariane model feels more like what you get in the real aircraft just like the LDS 767. The actual forward panel in the LDS 767 realistically sits below your forward field of vision just like in the real plane. You have to look down to see your displays; the Ariane model does just the same thing. The VC panel is not in front of your eyes like a 2D panel. That

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>The more I fly the Ariane model>the more I'm finding it so much on par with LDS's 767.Dillon,Pardon my deep rooted scepticism but somehow for me you don't seem very believable on the subject of judging the 'systems' yet your writings are full of single-sentence hyperboles on the subject. I recall your history of posts and your strength is in judging VC, frame rates, how things look & feel, how accurate is external model, etc. But you would be one of the last persons in my book to be able to judge technical accuracy of a particular simulation. I don't have Ariane's NG but I recall vividly there were serious issues raised in the past in regard to this simulation that had to do with some basic autopilot functionality. Things like missing/incorrect ALT INTV, SPD INTV, VNAV ALT, BIAS TRIM at 400 RA, incorrect behaviour of APP light and A/T after landing, etc. So unless I hear from some believable 737 'geek' that those -specific- errors were taken care of one-by-one I have to assume they are still there in which case putting both Ariane and LDS on the same level is a laughable proposition. So yes, I can appreciate fine details of Ariane's "feel of the flight deck" and its perhaps superior night lighting ot its innovative window icing but to some of us doing it at the expense of neglecting basic autopilot functionality is inexcusable.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest svein

Dillon:I have to agree on you at the point about the feeling of sitting in the cockpit of the NG.I've been working 5 years as a mechanic on the 737-600,700 and 800 series(As well as MD80,DC9 and Airbus 321)in Scandinavian Airlines, and spent quiet some time in the cocpit. And the first thing that struck me with the PMDG was that the dimensions wasn't right.As you alread stated, Ariane gives a much better impression on it, and i felt much more at "home" in the Ariane VC.Michael:Yes you have a valid and good point.As stated in my review, PMDG has done a superior job on simulating especially the FMC.And when they released the 600/700 i was simply stunned by it, and i still am.Until this day i have still to find any addon that implements this into the aircraft and systems as good as PMDG has.There is so much fiddeling you can do here,that i still havent found everything out.

Michael I could care less if you believe me or not, all I'm doing is reporting what I've found with this product. Apparently you haven

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Len

There is no way this plane is on par with PMDG 737. I don't have the 767 so can't comment. Have you been able to get the Autopilot to work? Not once in the numerous times I've gotten it up after programming the FMC have I gotten the plane to fly the flightplan. LNAV and VNAV light up but no Autopilot. I have asked openly on other sites what the deal is but no response. So, I ask you. What is accomplished easily with PMDG's 737 has been nothing but a lost cause with Ariane.

Guest B52Drivr

Len,I'm not sure what model you have, 900-600-500, what ever, but I have the new Sky Europe and all you mentioned, function fine on my computer. Obviously something is wrong. I will admit this, you do HAVE to read the manual to get it right -- you also have to have the HP in your puter to let it function properly. Not sure of your specs but it's not that big a hog on todays modern equipment.All other things aside, the aircraft is more correct, (in my opinion) than PMDG's offering, however the PMDG is getting a bit long in the tooth and could stand a slight update, where as this is new material just recently released. If you are having trouble I would highly suggest contacting Ariane, with a 'could you please help me' attitude, and make sure you ck your spam mail as their reply could end up there. I have to admit, any time I have had a problem with any of their material, I have had a reply within 48 hours.Simply stating, mine works, and works well . . . your mileage may vary.Best,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest Toni Rauch

>How come Ariane have not started their long awaited forum?Unfortunately Ariane still feels the need to 'hide behind rocks' in an attempt to mask the identity of who's actually running it. That's why there's no address, no phone numbers, no real names to contact etc.Shame really, because without a more 'open and honest' policy, their credibility will always arouse suspicion and scepticism. IMO, not a good approach when you're on the cusp of good publicity regarding your latest product.'Just my 2 cents worth...'Toni.

>Michael I could care less if you believe me or not, all I'm>doing is reporting what I've found with this product. >Apparently you haven

Guest svein

Hello everyone!Some more corrections on the Ariane...A post up here mentioned some pixel adjustment to 1024,1024.After i reinstalled the ariane i did this tips, and found that it,be warned, will affect your framerate negatively.Thats my reason for getting framerates 20-23.After a new reinstall without the pixel trick,my FPS run stable ataround 30.As mentioned above by saying stable, the aircraft flew flawless.Some other points worth mention, is the fact that NAVDATA seemed much more up to date, i even found SID and STARS for ENTC up north norway:)AT and AP seemed to give med no trouble and connected correctly.For those who have the 900 there is a SP1 in the Ariane support, and for everyone with 600 and 700, there is some new Navdata also in the support section.Be the looks of it my system, something has been fixed, or my previous install was faulty.As said above here, you guys are right, most systems work very good, and even the FMC seems to work as stated.I would investigate further into this, and also reinstall my 600.Also worth mentioned is the fact that i had lost all receipts,activations and dwonload links for the 600:(After some mail exchange with ariane, this has been fixed from their side, with no extra cost, as a proof of their loyalty towards customer.Thumbs up!Now i might just have to buy their 700 as well.My credit card is crying in pain....My word is out...looks like Ariane has gone right with this one.Still there are more upcoming in the near future,which looks promising from Ariane.