Sign in to follow this  
nudata

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION

Avidean, .001 was a blurryfest with unlimited FPS. As soon as I locked it, all my photoreal MSE terrain was as sharp as running .40 but with amazing performance. I was even able to re-engage other settings such as HDR, cloud shadows, etc, without having the stutter fest I used to have.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Well I averaged out the FSP sampled I took from the 0.001 playback and got 32 FPS. Locked to 32 with 0.001 and still the textures where blurred!

Down to locked 28 and its getting better. I'm about to try locked 24 and see what that get me but the wife is calling me to bed. LOL

Using P3D Async on and triple buffering, blurs the ground texture. 

My 4.3ghz i2550K probably allows me to have extra cycles to accommodate the .01 setting. Slower CPUs, than some unknown Ghz value, will suffer from this change.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I have tried 0.001 with a locked FPS as low as 24  (The average FPS from my 0.001 test with unlimited FPS was 32) and with the same playback as above my observations are that there are still far more blurred ground textures than there are at 0.01 and unlimited FPS. Also I can see autogen poping into existence both near and far from the aircraft.

The locked FPS does however have a smoothing effect but all in all 0.001 is not going to work for me.

I am now going to 0.01 and locking the Fps to 24 and try it with Vsync and Triple buffing. I am running a 4770K at 4.8ghz do hopefully I won't run into the blurs as Dick indicated.

I have tried 0.001 with a locked FPS as low as 24  (The average FPS from my 0.001 test with unlimited FPS was 32) and with the same playback as above my observations are that there are still far more blurred ground textures than there are at 0.01 and unlimited FPS. Also I can see autogen poping into existence both near and far from the aircraft.

The locked FPS does however have a smoothing effect but all in all 0.001 is not going to work for me.

I am now going to 0.01 and locking the Fps to 24 and try it with Vsync and Triple buffing. I am running a 4770K at 4.8ghz do hopefully I won't run into the blurs as Dick indicated.

I see and now that I remember, I fly with zero autogen since I use MSE sceneries.

I probably would have the same autogen issue you are having at .001 but just don't see it since my autogen is off. Another perk I guess, of flying with photoreal terrain. :-)

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I can confirm Dick's finding that Vsync and Tripple buffing will introduce Blurred Ground textures.

I have found so far that 0.01 is the best FFTF value at least in the scenario that I am testing it with.

I will assume that that scenario is a very good worst case scenario since it teeters on the brink of OOM

and has a major international airport right beside of big city with tons of autogen as far as the eye can see.

Add to that a big electrical storm at dusk with tons of AI and its a recipe for disaster.

Over all I have found it possible to maintain a very smooth locked 24FPS occasionally dropping 1 or 2 frames and crisp sharp textures with no Autogen

popping. It might even look a little better at 20FPS locked

I can confirm Dick's finding that Vsync and Tripple buffing will introduce Blurred Ground textures.

I have found so far that 0.01 is the best FFTF value at least in the scenario that I am testing it with.

I will assume that that scenario is a very good worst case scenario since it teeters on the brink of OOM

and has a major international airport right beside of big city with tons of autogen as far as the eye can see.

Add to that a big electrical storm at dusk with tons of AI and its a recipe for disaster.

Over all I have found it possible to maintain a very smooth locked 24FPS occasionally dropping 1 or 2 frames and crisp sharp textures with no Autogen

popping. It might even look a little better at 20FPS locked

What are your Autogen settings and LOD settings at? I think you are running a top end CPU?

My Autogen is normal or dense with LOD at High. Maybe that's what helps me at 0.001.

I tested FFTF=0.001 under heavy autogen and a demanding aircraft (PC12) and I found that I had to put frame limit very low (like 20fps) to prevent missing autogen and blurry textures. This kind of defeats the benefits of tweak since with FFTF=0.01 I can stay easily around 25-35fps.

So I just stick with 0.01 setting...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

What are your Autogen settings and LOD settings at? I think you are running a top end CPU?

My Autogen is normal or dense with LOD at High. Maybe that's what helps me at 0.001.

Duke I am running all the scenery sliders all the way to the right.

So I am getting sick of playing around with this but surprisingly enough I have settled on locked at 24FPS and what for it! FFTF=0

I did capture the bench mark with Shadow play and am up loading it to YouTube. I did see some slightly blurred textures coming into focus

but over all of the setting I tried I think this one looks best. it was by far the smoothest and it was almost always nailed at 24fps

Also I dont know if anyone else has seen the flickering lights on the covered walkway on top of the car park by the terminal building in FSDreamteam CYVR.

It really annoying and I have found that the lights don't flicker when the FPS is locked to 24.

It will take about 40mins to upload the Shadowplay recording

Here is the pertainent part of my .cfg:

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

TEXTURE_FILTERING=4

MSAA=2

SSAA=0

VSYNC=0

FXAA=1

TRIPLE_BUFFER=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=24

WideViewAspect=1

FullScreenExclusive=1

FullScreenAutoFill=1

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

InfoWeaponSystemEnable=True

InfoCountermeasureEnable=True

FullScreen=False

[sCENERY]

POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1

AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2

AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=9500.000000

AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.00

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons

SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures

LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter

Location=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1

LocationFullScreen=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1

Maximized=0

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=1

OK, Here it is! FFTF=0.00 locker at 24FPS V's  0.01 umlimited frames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYUQTZF2HI&list=UUDRNwgxdkcGFLbACIgLe_6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8U0IYO-r_4&list=UUDRNwgxdkcGFLbACIgLe_6w

Edit:

Watching those two together I though that 0.01 unlimited was smoother but I noticed some big autogen missing!

The Bridge at the start the sports arena.

Edit no2.:

After playing with this for a few days I have come to the conclusion that 1% fiber time with unlimited frames is the way to go on my system.

Very smooth in the benchmark test with FPS mostly in the mid 20's often in the low 30's. What I like about testing with unlimited FPS in very demanding close to OOM situtation is that as that loads decreases as you get higher and farther away from you departure the better things will get. So if you are getting a smooth experience where the load is heaviest you can be sure that will continue. Also My testing shows that with FFTF=0.01, frames unlocked keeps OOM's at bay. In that bench mark introduce an FPS limited and the ping of death usually starts a some point over CYVR. Also the Lower FFTF value the better for keeping OOM's at bay. So low FFTF and unlimited FPS is VAS friendly!

Not to see how it performs really flying in the SIM :lol:

Just curious - *sometimes* when you set a variable to 0 OR remove it from the CFG file, the sim will use the default value.

Has anyone checked to see if FFTF=0 reacts differently than FFTF=0.33?

It just may be that P3D will accept the 0 argument but I wonder........

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Has anyone checked to see if FFTF=0 reacts differently than FFTF=0.33?

Nope! Definitely FFTF=0 is FFTF=0 and not the default.

No question about it!

This kind of defeats the benefits of tweak since with FFTF=0.01 I can stay easily around 25-35fps.

That's the whole point. It is possible to make 0.001 work without  getting blurries and losing autogen, but then the advantage of improved frame rates is lost by using the limiter. I guess that tells us that these items are interlocked and that's probably how the Fiber Frame Utility works. It adjusts FFTF on the fly to get the target frame rate that your specify.

That's the whole point. It is possible to make 0.001 work without  getting blurries and losing autogen, but then the advantage of improved frame rates is lost by using the limiter.

With 0.001 I was able to get higher average than with 0.01, even with limiter. But again this is settings dependent, I think, my autogen/lod sliders are in the middle. One big advantage I see is that the lowest FPS is also pulled up, so you may not get max possible frames at top end, but lower end will benefit.

With sliders to the right, maybe I will get the same situation of blurries.

0.0 seems to be another good experiment to try.