Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

Speaking of fun Mitch, didn't you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night :lol:

Nope...only the Hilton.... :)

Well I took the plunge and bought it without the Base. First impression, very nice. I do have a question, which of the following is the correct runway lighting?

FTX

2014-11-7_21-12-4-923.png

SHEZ

2014-11-7_21-13-18-328.png

Given that I have the full-fat Orbx everything, the bottom picture is the one that I have. From a Lancair Legacy, though.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Given that I have the full-fat Orbx everything, the bottom picture is the one that I have. From a Lancair Legacy, though.

What does the plane have to do with runway lights?

What does the plane have to do with runway lights?

Just lower to the ground, different perspective.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

One amazing piece of work - incredible scenery at a fair price with great frame rates even on my middle of the road system! Very impressed with this one!

Bill

Just lower to the ground, different perspective.

I don't want to know what everyone has, I want to know what lighting is accurate for the real world KPSP. I won't be back to Palm springs till late January to check myself.

I don't want to know what everyone has, I want to know what lighting is accurate for the real world KPSP. I won't be back to Palm springs till late January to check myself.

The charts don't indicate there being any CL lighting.

The charts don't indicate there being any CL lighting.

Yeah, from memory I think Shez got it wrong.

This used to be a useful thread....................

Sir, may I point Your attention to this signature:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

:P

Laugh at things that are actually cute or funny.

I've been walking around FSX KPSP with BOB for over an hour..and haven't even touched the entire airport property!   This package, is beyond incredible!   If you have not already downloaded BOB and taken yourself for a walk...no...a HIKE...around the detail of this scenery pack, then do so ASAP!. OMG!

If you walk right up to object-flow people, BOB is absolutist the right height, in relation to them (I get a kick out of my shadow...) and the detail is simply, well...amazing!  There is a gentleman at the G.A. terminal, standing there, waiting with a tuxedo on....stuff like this.   Walking around a G.A. areas, is a treat alone.....

Having a blast with this purchase, and not even flying!  :))))))))))))

Tips:

Turn off object collision for BOB, under your normal aircraft realism settings...

Use the 'Y' (SLEW MODE) keyboard key to force your way up stairs to different levels (for instance, place yourself at the bottom of the steps between the running escalators, and then pressing Y...move forward. You will 'climb' the stairs onto the upper level concourse) of the airport and concourse, and pressing 'Y' again, carry  on. Also to get to different places at the warp....

Have fun...I sure am...... 

I've been having a big issue with this scenery, both in FSX and P3D.  I posted over in the ORBX support forum but there hasn't been an apparent solution there so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had any thoughts (or even if they had the same issue).

Basically, as I move along the runway/around the scenery area, my FPS drop from 21 (my FPS lock) down to 6 or 7 for a few seconds, then back up to 21.  It seems like something is loading as I move around as my CPU usage goes through the roof when the FPS drop happens.  It generally happens every 10 seconds or so. 

I've isolated it to be scenery objects, not autogen, as turning off autogen does not fix the issue.  If I turn scenery density down to sparse or lower the issue goes away, so whatever is causing the issue only shows up when the scenery density is above sparse.  I've never had this issue before in any other scenery area, orbx or otherwise so I'm really stumped...the fact that it's happening in both FSX and P3D seems even stranger.

Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Don't want to beat a dead horse so to say but I'm on the verge of buying KPSP.  I've read the whole thread and would appreciate some reassurance on what I think I've learned. I have PNW region installed and have latest libraries and working FTX Central.  I DON'T have FTX Global.  So, if I have FTX Central set to NA when I install KPSP it should all be good except for some blending issues, right?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Once you buy it, just run the PNW control panel and cycle default back to North America - and you'll be good

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |