Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

You don't need any extra mesh products for Orbx regions, they include everything (landclass, mesh, vector data etc) and that's why, IMO, they are the best value Orbx products. Especially for the VFR peeps.

Two words.....after 2 straight hours of touring this scenery package...aboard P3D v2.4,

First word:  Seriously

Second word: Epic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife just gave Jarrad, the SUPREME female compliment....for when I said that I just purchased another scenery package, titled; Palm Springs and area, and then said that fair, is fair....we are going out to dinner tonight....and said where would you like to go?......after standing behind me, for about five minutes....she pointed to the screen, and said..."there...I want to go ....there...."   She then gave me a peck on the cheek..and left the room......

You can't get a better compliment, EVER...than that....and from a non-flight simmer....but merely,  an over-the-shoulder viewer....

Wow.....

Ses

Two words.....after 2 straight hours of touring this scenery package...aboard 3PD v2.4,

First word:  Seriously

Second word: Epic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife just gave Jarrad, the SUPREME female compliment....for when I said that I just purchased another scenery package, titled; Palm Springs and area, and then said that fair, is fair....we are going out to dinner tonight....and said where would you like to go?......after standing behind me, for about five minutes....she pointed to the screen, and said..."there...I want to go ....there...."   She then gave me a peck on the cheek..and left the room......

You can't get a better compliment, EVER...than that....and from a non-flight simmer....but merely,  an over-the-shoulder viewer....

Wow.....

Ses

I call it the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).... all product reviews should include this.... for example:

KPSP Palm Springs

Graphics 10/10

Build Quality 10/10

Compatibility 8/10

Replay Value 10/10

WAF              8/10

:BigGrin:

I call it the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).... all product reviews should include this.... for example:

KPSP Palm Springs

Graphics 10/10

Build Quality 10/10

Compatibility 8/10

Replay Value 10/10

WAF              8/10

:BigGrin:

She still hasn't come back, to ask me what I had in mind....for dining out tonight.....sorta has me worried.....maybe she is on the phone booking us two tickets to Palm Springs.......I wouldn't put it past her..... :lol:

"Uh oh....here she comes....with a bottle of sun-tan lotion......the wallet's gonna take a hit....".....  The scenery is perhaps, too good......

haha!!... you're the lucky few.. my wife takes the mickey out of me. She laughs at my 'silly hat' whenever I wear it for trackir 

I try to get her involved and interested... if I do a long haul flight, she can be the air hostess and bring the captain drinks. Since 911 I keep the door locked and issue a different knock code if she needs to come in.... and just on short finals is when she will start talking, "What shall we do for Christmas?".. 

LOL! What happens in the cockpit stays in the cockpit

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

She still hasn't come back, to ask me what I had in mind....for dining out tonight.....

Don't make her mad today Mitch or you could end up having a Hungry Man TV dinner tonight :lol:

Chris Sunseri

She still hasn't come back, to ask me what I had in mind....for dining out tonight.....sorta has me worried.....maybe she is on the phone booking us two tickets to Palm Springs.......I wouldn't put it past her..... :lol:

"Uh oh....here she comes....with a bottle of sun-tan lotion......the wallet's gonna take a hit....".....  The scenery is perhaps, too good......

Hahaha, wow. So I'm not the only one looking for next potential vacation spots based on what FSX scenery gets released.

haha!!... you're the lucky few.. my wife takes the mickey out of me. She laughs at my 'silly hat' whenever I wear it for trackir 

I try to get her involved and interested... if I do a long haul flight, she can be the air hostess and bring the captain drinks. Since 911 I keep the door locked and issue a different knock code if she needs to come in.... and just on short finals is when she will start talking, "What shall we do for Christmas?".. 

LOLOL--------

Don't make her mad today Mitch or you could end up having a Hungry Man TV dinner tonight :lol:

"Pin...that might have happened WAY back, around 7:00 AM this morning,   since then, she says..."Hey..I got a great idea, Hon....how 'bout you immerse me a little bit more into this flight simming thingy....hey...don't just sit there and PRETEND, Hon....H*LL....let's you and GO THERE!   You can check out that military flight museum, and I can go and check out poolside, and a wee bit of golf..."   I mean it....she is MOST SERIOUS.    Thanks Jarrad....yeah buddy...thanks alot.....~!  :wacko: 

Thank gawd, I have family there, well...Van Nuys...I can rent a car for the drive to Palm Springs, or better yet, (way cheaper!)  Desert Hot Springs.  We are still negotiating when this Winter....   Yeah....the most expensive $28.00 bucks I have ever spent.....again, thanks Jarrad, thanks ORBX.....   From now on, the sim room door remains locked, when in attendance.....

signed;

Vacation Bound....or "H*ll, let's you and I go there!"

LOL! What happens in the cockpit stays in the cockpit

"...er...unless she happens to be standing over your shoulder,...."   :ph34r:   Oh...and I had to turn off the fire-crew scenario...the smell of burning plane as I taxi by....well...it stuffs up my nose....   Great detail...and I will have to download 'BOB' once more and walk the streets.  If this goes any further, I'll have to source out a counterpart called 'Bob'ette..'   I keep hearing her singing about the house, and keep sensing the faint scent of sun-tan lotion.....  Jeez.....

Guest JSkorna

This used to be a useful thread....................

This used to be a useful thread....................

Still is...and one can have fun as well....

Really enjoying KPSP to KSAN....over some pretty great scenery. Between these two, really brings out the best of this scenery, while waiting for a fat Southern .C. region, and OpenLC N.A.

I'd have to say that so far, this (in M.P.O), this ORBX release is the best and most all-in, totally immersive scenery package, to date.  You almost think you have a fat region happening here!  What a fantastic RTM, this has turned out to be!

Highly, highly recommended to download and install!

Ses

Just took a VFR 'interstate' flight between Palm Springs, and Los Angeles...landing at KLAX.

What immersion!  WOW.....

Still is...and one can have fun as well....

Speaking of fun Mitch, didn't you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night :lol:

Chris Sunseri