Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

FTX Palm Springs KPSP Released........and wow, its incredible!

Okay, thanks Scott.  I haven't done much GA flying, so Orbx hasn't been a priority.  Maybe I'll eventually buy a region and give it a go.

I'd recommend NCA or PNW if you do

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd recommend NCA or PNW if you do

I appreciate the tip.  

ORBX sounds very complicated and very expensive. Just the base and KPSP is almost $130. I am trying to understand ORBX but to me it just looks like Black Magic. How does ORBX compare to its competitors? Is it worth all the workarounds or am I exaggerating? 

As far as regions go, Orbx has no competitors. Not unless photo scenery is your thing.

The global texture product has GEX as its competitor, but as a former beta tester of GEX and an Orbx  FTX global texture user, there is no comparison. Orbx hands down is the winner.

As for being complicated and requiring work arounds......not sure what you mean? Its all very straight forward.

Orbx gets expensive when you want more detail.

If you fly around the world, you want Global and Vector. Also a mesh like FSGlobal Ultimate.

That should be enough but you can get more detail by the various FTX regions. It is cheaper if you limit yourself to a few regions, like only flying in the northwest America. You can buy PNW and a mesh and a couple airports. But the rest of the world wont be detailed.

I purchased their products over the span of 2 years so the high price was spread out. Worth it though.

Well, I'm off to a rough start. This is my first Orbx payware product, and the only selection in FTX Central is the default FSX.  That makes sense, but the autogen is not showing up at all.  I've reinstalled the scenery, and I've reinstalled the Orbx libraries, but nothing seems to work.  I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe the ORBX PNW demo can do the trick?

Oooh that's a great tip! Try that!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Maybe the ORBX PNW demo can do the trick?

That is a good idea, thank you.  I'll be away from my sim computer for a couple days, but that should do the trick.  

KPSP works fine with FTX Central set to Global Hybrid mode.  You don't need to have it set to NA exclusively.

Hirdy

One thing (of many) I like about Orbx products is that they are constantly (as in just about every week) giving away freeware airports, scenery, and other useful FS stuff for the Regions they sell.  They also regularly update their existing products with fixes and new features for free -- it's good to see such a high level of support.

Cheers, Rob.

One thing (of many) I like about Orbx products is that they are constantly (as in just about every week) giving away freeware airports, scenery, and other useful FS stuff for the Regions they sell.  They also regularly update their existing products with fixes and new features for free -- it's good to see such a high level of support.

Cheers, Rob.

But the big airport hubs are not done, SEA and PDX need a good payware scenery.

Buy Global and get 19 sets (10-15/set) of additional free upgraded airports in US/Canada and maybe 30 or more in Europe. Best deal in town.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

But the big airport hubs are not done, SEA and PDX need a good payware scenery.

If you could survive an OOM, that is. Orbx region, Orbx airport, with say PMDG... One would really need to balance settings... P3D would fair better.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

For the record - PNW Demo does have a version of FTXCentral - but perhaps the FTXGV Demo would be better since it is more up-to-date.

Also, you may install the hundreds of freeware airports without FTXGlobal - they will fit almost as well without as with...

As far as regions go, Orbx has no competitors. Not unless photo scenery is your thing.

The global texture product has GEX as its competitor, but as a former beta tester of GEX and an Orbx  FTX global texture user, there is no comparison. Orbx hands down is the winner.

Exactly, it's just a no-brainer, there is simply no competition when it comes to regions and global scenery, period, end of discussion.

As for being complicated and requiring work arounds......not sure what you mean? Its all very straight forward.

Yeah, I don't get that either. The only thing that one needs to pay attention to is selecting the right region before running an update and always installing the latest library files after new installs and/or updates.