Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

A2A Cherokee FPS and feeling

Hi guys,

a week agot I bought the Carenado CT210M (as a replacement for their aging C206) for my bush flying in PNW. But unfortunatley It is barely useable. It feels rather slugish (especially with the ASN-generated wind, instead of getting tossed arround by the wind it feels like it´s automaticly counteracting) and has a pretty high hit on the frames. Single digits where I can fly with the A2A P-51D with no problems (same settings, same weather).

Although the A2A Cherokee is a bit slow (I rather like fast planes) they really got me hooked with accusim in the P-51D. So how´s the Cherokee performance-wise?

The Cherokee feels great!

But if you want something faster, wait for the a2a c182 which is close to release.

Bert

So how´s the Cherokee performance-wise?

I'm using the A2A Cherokee in Prepar3d v2 but there it is one of the most frame-friendly aircraft in my hangar. Almost same performance as default aircraft. Much better than most Carenado aircraft. Would expect the same in FSX.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Oh A2A SImulations, I hate you! ;-)

How can you make the Cherokee so good that I will probably never fly anything which is not slightly comparable to it again? It´s just plain perfect. Stable flying, neat and handsome AP, RealityXP GNS530 integration and almost zero FPS drop! That´s how I like flying!

If you ever have the chance to do some real time flying you will then truly understand how or maybe not understand how its even possible to get that "feeling" bundled up ..but they did it

However it doesn't perform in the sense you mean, rather it performs in immersion

ZORAN

Everything made by A2A feels awesome, i'm getting the 182 as soon as it releases :smile:

Sure. That´s a no-brainer!

If you ever have the chance to do some real time flying you will then truly understand how or maybe not understand how its even possible to get that "feeling" bundled up ..but they did it

However it doesn't perform in the sense you mean, rather it performs in immersion

I plan on getting a PPL, so the Cherokee could be in range.

a week agot I bought the Carenado CT210M (as a replacement for their aging C206) for my bush flying in PNW. But unfortunatley It is barely useable

With your rig, I'm surprised by this.  My old sim which was an i7 3.2 with a 560Ti handled it easily.  Now I'm running a i7-3770K 4.0 GTX770 and getting frames in the 40s usually.  Even around Squamish I'm in the high teens with everything on the scenery turned on and bad weather.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM