Sign in to follow this  
byork

16 July 2021: VERSION 3.6 FOR THE PMDG 777 RELEASED!

Bryan

(a)am getting a virus warning when trying to run it (Win32:Evo-gen(Susp)

(b)WinZip flags up an error about not being able to set file attributes too.

I had enormous trouble when I first installed FS2Crew.  My Norton360 kept not just quarantining the files, it deleted them irrevocably.  I had to download again, then make backups before I extracted the zip files.     It took several online chats with the Norton support people before I could find anyone who would give me sensible advice how to get around it.    

Along the way, they told me that Bryan could get a reputation with them by going to the Norton 360 web site site and applying - it takes only a few days.     Without a positive reputation,  Norton is always going to delete the executable on the grounds that "not enough people are reporting it to be reliable and safe" .     Once Synamtec (Norton)  gives it a positive reputation,  McAfee would probably follow, they tell me.   

The alternative is to go without the protection of Antivirus while installation is happening.     With modern 'always on' systems that's not always a trivial thing to do. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Happy FS2Crew user.

I have an error when trying to extract.  Have downloaded a couple of times to ensure its the correct file size however on Winzip it only extracks a .tmp file, then I installed winrar and get the following error when trying to extract after download

Cannot execute "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.464\FS2Crew PMDG 777.exe"

And idea? Never had this issue before!

Brent

I had the same. First, disable your AV, then try to WinXip extract it. Should work.

Amazing work and thx for the steam update part as well. All installed and working great!

From EGFF to YSSY

Brent

I had the same. First, disable your AV, then try to WinXip extract it. Should work.

Such an easy fix. Thanks.  Will remember for future.  Installed perfectly now.  Looking forward to doing a flight :-)

Hello,

I just updated the lasted update version of the FS2Crew for the PMDG 777. I had my plane sitting at London Heathrow getting ready to turn the Crew on and it allowed me to open everything up, but when I pressed "Play Config" nothing happened. I made sure that all the volumes were turned on INCLUDING the ones that were on FS2Crew. Is there ANY suggestions on HOW to fix this issue?

Sincerely,

James8133!

James Stump

I had enormous trouble when I first installed FS2Crew.  My Norton360 kept not just quarantining the files, it deleted them irrevocably.  I had to download again, then make backups before I extracted the zip files.     It took several online chats with the Norton support people before I could find anyone who would give me sensible advice how to get around it.    

Along the way, they told me that Bryan could get a reputation with them by going to the Norton 360 web site site and applying - it takes only a few days.     Without a positive reputation,  Norton is always going to delete the executable on the grounds that "not enough people are reporting it to be reliable and safe" .     Once Synamtec (Norton)  gives it a positive reputation,  McAfee would probably follow, they tell me.   

The alternative is to go without the protection of Antivirus while installation is happening.     With modern 'always on' systems that's not always a trivial thing to do. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Happy FS2Crew user.

Norton is a pain.

I'll talk to them.

Personally I just use the anti-virus program that comes with Windows 8 from Microsoft.

It does the job without all the hassles.

I had my plane sitting at London Heathrow getting ready to turn the Crew on and it allowed me to open everything up, but when I pressed "Play Config" nothing happened. I made sure that all the volumes were turned on INCLUDING the ones that were on FS2Crew. Is there ANY suggestions on HOW to fix this issue?

You mean Run Pre Flight events?

Just downloaded the update... It sticks on 2% and then becomes unresponsive

Try re-downloading.

I have an error when trying to extract.  Have downloaded a couple of times to ensure its the correct file size however on Winzip it only extracks a .tmp file, then I installed winrar and get the following error when trying to extract after download

Cannot execute "C:\Users\Brent\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.464\FS2Crew PMDG 777.exe"

And idea? Never had this issue before!

Your download is probably corrupt or your Anti virus is interfering.

Amazing work and thx for the steam update part as well. All installed and working great!

Fantastic!

I download the zip file from fs2crew order page around 3 time and every time cant be unzipping?

any suggestion here ?

PS: (I already stopped my AV ) but still the zip file is corrupted !

I download the zip file from fs2crew order page around 3 time and every time cant be unzipping?

any suggestion here ?

PS: (I already stopped my AV ) but still the zip file is corrupted !

Keep trying.

The file on the server is fine.

Try using a download manager.

Thank you so much for this update. I've been waiting a long time to see some Lufthansa SOP's in FS2CREW as I mostly fly Lufthansa or Germanwings liveries. I'd love to see more Lufthansa related stuff such as the PF and PM saying "checked" when the GPWS calls 1000ft or the PM saying "outer marker altitude checked" when reaching the OM ... But I'm not quite sure if these SOP's are Airbus specific.

But I still have some issues with my FO telling me when the LOC and G/S coming alive. Most times these callouts are very late (when I'm almost established). And today my FO told me my approach was stable at 13000ft ... Shouldn't this callout be made at 1000ft RA? He didn't call out Transition Level and Transition Altitude Maybe either. Maybe I made a mistake here ...?  :Thinking:

FO telling me when the LOC and G/S coming alive. Most times these callouts are very late (when I'm almost established). And today my FO told me my approach was stable at 13000ft ... Shouldn't this callout be made at 1000ft RA? He didn't call out Transition Level and Transition Altitude Maybe either. Maybe I made a mistake here

FS2Crew 777 doesn't model the loc/gs alive calls.  We can't read the loc/gs accurately enough to generate a reliable call that works all the time.  That call kind needs human eyes to be effective.

1300 feet... If using DA on a regular CAT 1 approach, the call will come at 1000 feet above runway elevation, not RA.

Where's the value in using the RA?  What if you're flying over a mountain?  Or a valley.

So I saw mention in earlier posts talking of possible alternate voice packs. Are there any out there as of today? Its not that I don't like her, I would just like to also have the ability to choose a male voice as an FO with a US accent.