Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Activation question

Docs say two activations. Can you clarify please?  If I uninstall and reinstall on same system ( with P3D this can happen often) does this count as another activation?

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,

Reinstalling on the same system does not make a second activation.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin -

Great! Didn't think so but someone had to ask! :rolleyes:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What if I reformat my harddrive to setup a clean system again? Because that's what I'm planning to do after christmas...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

What if I reformat my harddrive to setup a clean system again? Because that's what I'm planning to do after christmas...

This is what the remaining activation is for.

If you have to do it again (we know how FS behaves sometimes) just contact us and we'll arrange something together!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

This is what the remaining activation is for.

If you have to do it again (we know how FS behaves sometimes) just contact us and we'll arrange something together!

Ah, when OP said "If I uninstall and reinstall on same system", I understood "same system" as in "same hardware" but apparently I was wrong...

I just ordered PrecipitFX, since I also plan to format soon in order to start 2015 on a fresh computer does it means that if I install PrecipitFX now to try it, then format my computer in a couple of weeks and then reinstall PrecipitFX, I will have used both of my available activations?  :unknw:

Ah, when OP said "If I uninstall and reinstall on same system", I understood "same system" as in "same hardware" but apparently I was wrong...

I just ordered PrecipitFX, since I also plan to format soon in order to start 2015 on a fresh computer does it means that if I install PrecipitFX now to try it, then format my computer in a couple of weeks and then reinstall PrecipitFX, I will have used both of my available activations?  :unknw:

Reinstalling Windows will require another activation. If you have to reinstall your system afterward, contact us and we'll find an arrangement!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi,

Just purchased myself and I constantly chase/change the hardware in my Flight Sim only computer. How much of a hassle is it going to be to keep doing this?. Would be nice if we had something more substantial than "we will find an arrangement". Flight Simulation has been a constant battle of fresh installs after months of use because of degradation in performance. It's been that way since I started FS back in the days of Bruce Artwick.

Would of been nice to know (2 activations) prior to purchase, if its written somewhere on your site and I missed it then its on me.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Just purchased myself and I constantly chase/change the hardware in my Flight Sim only computer. How much of a hassle is it going to be to keep doing this?. Would be nice if we had something more substantial than "we will find an arrangement". Flight Simulation has been a constant battle of fresh installs after months of use because of degradation in performance. It's been that way since I started FS back in the days of Bruce Artwick.

Would of been nice to know (2 activations) prior to purchase, if its written somewhere on your site and I missed it then its on me.

Hi Michael,

We think 2 activations is a reasonable amount of activation for an average user. A user contacting us a year after purchase because he ran out of activation is something we can understand, we are flight simmers too and we know what this is all about. It isn't a problem for us to give additional activations if there is a logical reason to do so. If wee see that it becomes a problem and that too many people are reaching to us with valid explanation for additional activations, we might change our mind on this limit but we don't see it being the case right now. I'm sorry if this limit is not confortable for you, we thank you for giving this feedback. 

The maximum number of activation was present on the previous version of the product page and has been removed by mistake. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will put it back on the next page update. For current reference, it is present and explained in the "Add a Package license" section of your Account Management.

"A Package's serial number can only be activated once on a single account. You have a limit of 2 activation on different hardware or operating system. Contact us if you have any problem with your license."

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello

I have a lot of backups from p3dv2 HDD with different scenarios. I use these backups really often on the same computer with the same Operation system or only for testing something. Can restore these this backups and install preciptf without loosing one of the activations? 

I use Wideview for my setup with three scenery PC's - So that means I have to buy the software twice?

Dust

SIM: X-Plane 11r2

180 degree view- 3 x 55" scenery Monitors -

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

Hello

I have a lot of backups from p3dv2 HDD with different scenarios. I use these backups really often on the same computer with the same Operation system or only for testing something. Can restore these this backups and install preciptf without loosing one of the activations? 

I use Wideview for my setup with three scenery PC's - So that means I have to buy the software twice?

Dust

Our current license setup allows for installations on a single computer. If you want to install our products on multiple systems, you will have to buy additional licenses.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven Menard 

I'm going a little bit out of the topic .... but

I love your pictures ! 

So i what do you use expeted Immersion , DX9 ? Dx10 ? Shade ? or other ? ..

Best Regards Amine

It was def worth 30 bucks! Big improvement. Rain and snow look great from inside vc with the big monitor setup. ;)

SIM: X-Plane 11r2

180 degree view- 3 x 55" scenery Monitors -

Multi-pc Network_Each PC connected to Master VIA CAT6e crossover cables on dedicated PCIe Network Adapter....HARDWARE: various Desktop Aviator and Aurduino Boards / GekoSystems Motion Chair / SigtronicS-18 AviationHeadset / SpeechmaticUSBAdapter / GoFlight / FlightIllusion ForceFeedbackYokew/PFC Beech Control Wheel

IMG_2777.jpg?dl=0

Hello Keven Menard 

I'm going a little bit out of the topic .... but

I love your pictures ! 

So i what do you use expeted Immersion , DX9 ? Dx10 ? Shade ? or other ? ..

Best Regards Amine

If you are referring to pictures of the product on the website, I use DX10 with a custom shade. I also add gradients in photoshop to make sure the focus is on the effects in the shot.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42