Sign in to follow this  
twincessna340a

747 V2 Engines

Ike-

Thus far we have all three engine variants and the 400 in the F, M, ER, BCF and plain old vanilla 400 variant, along with CRTs, LCDs, Standard standby instruments, EISD, GPS enabled or disabled, the old and new style of fuel scavenge, old and new style of apu fuel feed, and approximately 180 other options you can use to customize your airplane.

It is unlikely the D will get any consideration because we cannot find actual perf data for the airplane.  (We requested it and were denied...)  We will probably let you turn the winglets off tho- if you are just looking for a visual impact.

LCF: Eventually- but not as part of the base package.

Moving on from there, we have the 748i/F coming along nicely as well- and those are ground up simulations including all the system differences and the ECL, etc...

So...  To answer your question in short:  Yes.

WOW!!! Better than anticipated! It shows your love for this one! :)

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Will the -8 be a separate package? Or will it be an expansion?

Most likely an expansion I guess.

sig1.png
sig2.png

I must say I am amazed. The 747 hasa special place in my heart after reading 747 by Joe Sutter, and the PMDG 747v2 is probably gonna be the aircraft I build my home cockpit around. The fact that it comes with so many variants out of the base pack is a HUGE plus for me, I love flying oddball airplanes and being able to use the ER, BCF etc without having to buy multiple packs is a plus. So far, I'm loving what I'm seeing, I am already putting away about $100 in the bank so I can afford the v2 when it's released.

The 747 is a real world workhorse, and it seems to me that PMDG is going to take over a lot of the simming market with this bird....I have a few Airbus friends who I convinced to start flying Boeing simply because of this bird.

Also, I'm excited to use the different engine types, as there are many differences in the 'pit. Even on the upper EICAS screen alone there are different instruments based on the engines.

Good job PMDG! Don't rush the 747, but I for one am anxiously awaiting the release of the 747. It already looks like a winner in my books!

-Krikor Hajian

I am truly exited to see the 747v2 being developed and will be patiently wait for a chance to fly her.

I am just wondering if there will be different versions of the engines from the different manufacturers.

(I only know about the Rolls Royce engines so I will list them)

Rolls Royce RB 211

RB 211-524G  58,000 lbf 

RB 211-524H   60,600 lbf

RB 211-524G/T (Trent HP system) 

RB 211-524H/T ( Trent HP system)

Thank you PMDG for your hard work and your passion for the aeroplanes

the old and new style of fuel scavenge, old and new style of apu fuel feed

Hello everyone,

could someone please explain the differences  in these fuel systems?

I di a search om google, but got no answer.

Thanks,

Regards, 

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

Saran,

As far as I know, we will only be doing a single type of Engine type per variant,  ie: 1 Rolls Royce,  1 Pratt Whitney and 1 GE derivative.  I don't have the specific dash numbers handy for which model Rolls it is right now so I can't tell you which one we had data for.

Wijnand,

The different Fuel Scavenge systems are the Electric Scavenge pump system and the Motive Flow Jet pump system.  The older aircraft came with an Electric Scavenge system for the Center tank where the later models came with a Motive flow Jet pump instead (simpler).   There are also several different APU fuel feed configurations,  older models feed only from Tank 2 where newer aircraft had the ability to feed from tank 2 or 3.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

How long do we still have to wait for it guys?

johngoncalves