Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Ian

Are you sure you installed the replacement wakes last? I have not tested in v3.2 yet, but the comments I have got points to that they do work, so your message is surprising. Anyway, tomorrow I will send you a PM with updated wakes, which are part of the beta for the next package - hopefully they will do the trick if you just overwrite the ones you have installed now.

Best regards

Henrik

Just a small comment - it is confirmed that the wakes from the p3d v2.5 fix do work in v3.2, but a new and improved set is ready including improved bow spray on older models and not least wakes which follows the waves so goodbye to the flickering wakes. Ian just tested this set with v3.2 and confirmed no problems.

With that I can also say that the beta for the next package is well terminated - now I just need to do the documentation :)

16030509125416112914031419.jpg

A Brazilian minesweeper done based on a model by Erwin Welker

16030509125616112914031420.jpg

Routes in and out of Natal Brazil have been corrected

16031203273916112914052672.jpg

And traffic fits with an upcoming scenery including the Antirio bridge near Patras Greece and the recently released Aerosoft Corfu

• Upvote 1

This is the most amazing project, can't wait for the new wakes.

Quick question.  Is there by chance a ferry in the package between the Toronto Island Airport (CYTZ) and the mainland ?  The distance is only about 300 feet but it is used for passengers and cars going to the island airport.  Reason I ask is I just purchased a new scenery package from FSimStudios that has their own more accurate ferry and now there is a conflict.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark, what you probably see in Toronto is a default ferry which is part of default traffic, which has nothing to do with our project.

If you have our project installed and I was you I would remove the bgl containing the default boat traffic completely. You will miss ferries around the world, but really, the default ferries are so ugly and unrealistic that you won't miss anything. If you are reluctant to remove the boat traffic bgl then turn down your traffic settings to 5% or 10 % which will effectively still remove the majority of the default ship traffic but leave traffic from our global project (5%) and Jean-Pierre Fillion's traffic for the St. Lawrence (10%) if you have that installed. I do not know if the ferry in the CYTZ project is a standard traffic file or something else, so I can't say if turning down your traffic settings will kill that one, but then you just turn up again.

Hi Mark, what you probably see in Toronto is a default ferry which is part of default traffic, which has nothing to do with our project.

If you have our project installed and I was you I would remove the bgl containing the default boat traffic completely. You will miss ferries around the world, but really, the default ferries are so ugly and unrealistic that you won't miss anything. If you are reluctant to remove the boat traffic bgl then turn down your traffic settings to 5% or 10 % which will effectively still remove the majority of the default ship traffic but leave traffic from our global project (5%) and Jean-Pierre Fillion's traffic for the St. Lawrence (10%) if you have that installed. I do not know if the ferry in the CYTZ project is a standard traffic file or something else, so I can't say if turning down your traffic settings will kill that one, but then you just turn up again.

Great idea.  Just to be safe (I have been known to completely mess up FS), what is the exact file I should delete (actually I will probably just rename it).  thanks for the response.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

TrafficBoats.bgl in the scenery/world/scenery folder - if you rename it TrafficBoats.off then you can just change it back.

Best regards

Henrik

I have installed all the necessary downloads ,and now I don't even get the normal leisure boats in P3D ???? Let alone this fantastic ship traffic.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

"and the recently released Aerosoft Corfu"

Don't you mean FlyTampa's Corfu, and will they work together with FlyTampas ferries in the scenery?

BTW, Have you made the Samsø ferries, or will they have to wait for your next package?

mvh Jørn

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

777 - check your settings first - leisure boats have nothing to do with ship traffic - they are handled in different ways, so that points to settings. Next - check the appearance of FS9 files e.g. WOAI - look in the documentation in packages or search this thread and you will most likely find the answer.

Jørn - you are right Flytampa of course... And yes, no issues of co-existence; on the contrary. 

And the Samsø ferry; no not yet; I wait for a day with nice sunshine to go and take a trip on it as I can't find plans and it is not to far from my home.

First I'd like to add my thanks for the work with this project, it will be nice to see the seas alive.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet though since I just spent the last two hours trying to install the global package in it's current form which I would love to see change to an AIO drag and drop install since I ended creating that by just install everything to an external folder first to spare my SSD the overwrites.

For those that aren't familiar with traffic files be aware the folder structure is not maintained across all the zips.  Some have the traffic files in Scenery/World/Scenery and some have them in just Scenery which  will lead you to not install them correctly into the scenery folder under "world".