Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Just popped in to see what was the latest.  Glad to hear a new version/fix is around the bend.  Just one request... when released start a new thread!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Looks like I also have several cases of the heavenly wakes in 3.2.3, not on all ships however.  I was able to identify one of the problematic Fx files as fx_wake_haa_tanker_183.fx.   I replaced it with fx_wake_haa_tanker_xl.fx to resolve.  Looking forward to the new wakes!

Hello !

I've vertical lines from chimney of some boats, since updating to 3.2.

What can i do ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Run the P3D patch.  It fixes this issue.

Thanks I will try

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

Still the same...

Hi

Could you please post a screenshot or refer to the names of the boats; then it will be easier to identify the problem.

Br

Henirk

fx_wake_haa_tanker_183.fx

""                   _vortex.fx

""                   _catamaran.fx

""                   _moana.fx

These all produced wakes that would reach miles into the sky, pretty hilarious actually.  Many of the ones that did work would flicker probably because the texture was compressed for DX9 and FSX.

I finally got tired of chasing them down one at a time and used the FOR loop below to replace all the global package wakes with a known working wake that also doesn't flicker.  On my system it's fx_wake_l.fx.  there's also a Small, Medium and XLarge version which I assume are part of the default P3D install... I could be wrong though.

To do this I installed all the packages to an external folder and then searched for fx_wake*.* and then copied the wakes to c:\AIShips\wakes to get the list of wake files and then ran the loop below to copy fx_wake_l.fx to a file with the name of each wake and then just copied the files in newwake to my P3D effects dir.

FOR /R C:\AIShip\wakes %F in (*.*) do copy fx_wake_l.fx C:\newwake %~nxF

It's meant as a temporary solution pending release of the new wakes. 

Hi

If there is texture flickering it has nothing to do with the effect - it is the same standard texture used by all. We will run a check on different computers as the problem has not been reported by v3.2 users in the team  - and the new pack will be delayed until we have done that... Was ready for upload otherwise.........

To other users - rather than rewriting the wakes I suggest you just to turn down shipping to 0% the next couple of days until we have the solution ready. The full pack is quite close. Yes - you got it right - there will be a full pack....

Henrik

777 - check your settings first - leisure boats have nothing to do with ship traffic - they are handled in different ways, so that points to settings. Next - check the appearance of FS9 files e.g. WOAI - look in the documentation in packages or search this thread and you will most likely find the answer.

Jørn - you are right Flytampa of course... And yes, no issues of co-existence; on the contrary.

And the Samsø ferry; no not yet; I wait for a day with nice sunshine to go and take a trip on it as I can't find plans and it is not to far from my home.

Using P3d, not used wait for a long time. Add a lot of custom ai, so I'm used to the editing the txt files and compiling them. It's there a minimum boat traffic setting. I.e percentage?

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

777:

5% is needed to trigger the boats in this package, which brings up another interesting issue, if you set it to 10% you get doubles, two boats of the same type within 50 meters of each other following the same trek.  I imagine that's just the way P3D handles AI boat traffic.

5 % is sufficient for the global shipping pack - 10 % is needed if you have Jean Pierre Fillion's routes installed

Regards to the doubles - that has to do with a the way you enter the flight ; if you come from a saved flight and e.g. change plane you will get that problem; it also happens in FSX and it has nothing to do with the settings or the routes..

I seem to have the same AI issue a few people have reported. Fairly new FSX SE install, and i installed the AI ships before AI aircraft. I had the ships working which was great then I installed AI aircraft and they disappeared.

I have converted all FS9 traffic files and replaced with FSX versions with AIFP in the World/Scenery folder.

I set the ship traffic slider at 15%, no boats visible anywhere. AIFP finds no more FS9 traffic files.

Any ideas at all please?

EDIT:-

My AI traffic has also disappeared after changing the traffic bgls from FS9 to FSX. I backed up everything before editing.

I have also tried removing all AI aircraft traffic BGLs altogether leaving just the boats, taking the sim back to pre AI aircraft install, and i don't have any boats in the sim either now.

DaveyGurmSignature.png

777:

5% is needed to trigger the boats in this package, which brings up another interesting issue, if you set it to 10% you get doubles, two boats of the same type within 50 meters of each other following the same trek.  I imagine that's just the way P3D handles AI boat traffic.

Mines at like 20% see nothing, may not be looking in the right places???

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

In order to check - if you have everything installed go to Rio de Janeiro or Gibraltar, where you will always find ships.

Regards to FSX SE I have no experience regards to the file structure; maybe somebody else can help you. Remember to expand add-on scenery folders also when you look for FS9 files; some add-ons even never payware still use FS9 format files and just one kills everything i the area where it is loaded.

No need for neither 20 % or any value higher than 5 % - it will not change anything. If you don't see the ships it is either an installation issue - wrong place - or and FS9 issue.