Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Ian,

The images are done from the default ultralight, which I moved from FSX to P3D - it flies slow so you don't need to slew. The screenshot it self is done with snippingtool as it is easy to frame the picture with this very simple tool.

Henrik

Cheers for the tip Henrik, I hadn't even thought of the ultralight.

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

For those who likes the ship package I will once again make a link to a german site, where Heiko using the ships from the packages has made a really fantastic AI traffic for a couple of German and Dutch harbours - really amazing:

http://www.fs-piloten.de/thread.php?threadid=1819&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=52

It is in German only but you will enjoy the images

This is one amazing package and add-on! :) Thank you so much for your hard work on this. Beautiful! I wish this was for X-Plane!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This is one amazing package and add-on! :) Thank you so much for your hard work on this. Beautiful! I wish this was for X-Plane!

Apparently it can be converted - at least the models - the traffic I don't know.

Below the Brazilian frigate F49 Rademaker nearing completion (It is supposed to be summer here, but the rain keeps pooring down so it is a good day for modeling).

16071011553116112914365567.jpg

• Upvote 1

KL791 the models can be converted? Really? Because there's already a plug-in available for X-Plane 10 called Sea Traffic, but the models are horrible compared to these.

I would love to use these models in X-Plane if possible. How would you convert it to X-Plane? It's use .obj format.

Here's the plug-in I'm referring to:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/17026-seatraffic-animated-marine-traffic/

Here's an example of how this works in X-Plane 10:

I
LIBRARY

# Name our region of interest and declare its size -
# in this example the two tiles either side of Greenwich, London
REGION_DEFINE marginal/London
REGION_RECT -1 51 0 51

# Activate our region - statements after this have an effect only within this region
REGION marginal/London

# Replace the small foot ferry models
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/sml.obj objects/small_foot_ferry_blue.obj
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/sml.obj objects/small_foot_ferry_red.obj

# Replace the medium foot ferry models
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/med.obj objects/medium_foot_ferry_grey.obj
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/med.obj objects/medium_foot_ferry_yellow.obj

# Ship names not listed in this file (and not overridden by another scenery package)
# will use the SeaTraffic plugin's built-in models.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

KL791 the models can be converted? Really? Because there's already a plug-in available for X-Plane 10 called Sea Traffic, but the models are horrible compared to these.

I would love to use these models in X-Plane if possible. How would you convert it to X-Plane? It's use .obj format.

Here's the plug-in I'm referring to:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/17026-seatraffic-animated-marine-traffic/

Here's an example of how this works in X-Plane 10:

I
LIBRARY

# Name our region of interest and declare its size -
# in this example the two tiles either side of Greenwich, London
REGION_DEFINE marginal/London
REGION_RECT -1 51 0 51

# Activate our region - statements after this have an effect only within this region
REGION marginal/London

# Replace the small foot ferry models
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/sml.obj objects/small_foot_ferry_blue.obj
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/sml.obj objects/small_foot_ferry_red.obj

# Replace the medium foot ferry models
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/med.obj objects/medium_foot_ferry_grey.obj
EXPORT_EXTEND marginal/seatraffic/ped/med.obj objects/medium_foot_ferry_yellow.obj

# Ship names not listed in this file (and not overridden by another scenery package)
# will use the SeaTraffic plugin's built-in models.

Hmnnn... doesn't seem that simple... The FSX way actually seems more accurate and simple for once... However, I can confirm that a couple of people have succesfully converted some of my ship models - whether they put them on AI routes I do not know...

Getting ready for the Olympics - Brazilian frigate F49 Rademaker on patrol in Rio

16071703553016112914378709.jpg

and in rough weather in the Southern Atlantic

16071703553616112914378712.jpg

• Upvote 2

Beautiful! Is there a way we can go to View menu and select a ship to. see it as AI traffic to see where its going?

Beautiful! Is there a way we can go to View menu and select a ship to. see it as AI traffic to see where its going?

No, not without an addon program - there is a small payware program called Stenin around which has such a feature, but I only know that it works in FSX. You can however also just download Carl Vokes locator, which shows the routes and ships on each route in Google Earth http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=194728.

Hi, KL, are you including those new ships on a future patch, or a new installer?

Good work!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, KL, are you including those new ships on a future patch, or a new installer?

Good work!

Cheers, Ed

It is still too early to say - probably it will be a patch + a new installer. The current complete package has been downloaded more than 10.000 times from the five sites where it is available, so I guess those would prefer a patch.

Could you tell me where that place is in your 1st screen shot, looks beautiful! What city is that in the background?

Rio.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

de Janeiro

• Upvote 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Could you tell me where that place is in your 1st screen shot, looks beautiful! What city is that in the background?

The two previous posts are correct - it is my favorite destination in the sim Rio de Janeiro with a fantastic scenery from Paulo Ricardo.

• Upvote 2