Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

ifly 747 v2 - still only 7 or 8 repaints available?

The performance gets worse as the flight goes on and it's like in the 20s in cruise if there are clouds but when I first start it'll be in the 30s-40s

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Are any of you in compatability mode? FSX or FS9, I dont think it matters. I once solved an issue with the Wilco 737 where my framerates would start out really high and graudally reduce from over 60 to the single digits as the flight progressed. Turning off compatibility mode solved the issue completely. Not to say I have amazing performance in the iFly, but it may help you.

FS2004 Forever

Thanks for all reports here, I was just about to pull the trigger on this one, but I'm too spoiled to deal with FPS issues as my current setup almost always stays in the high 20's/low 30's with all add on's I'm using mostly form medium/long haul in heavy Ifr conditions.

I was looking forward to the weather radar, but it looks like I may have to wait at least until SP1 for this bird. Too bad as it looks really good vc wise.

Btw, is this being discussed in the ifly forums at all, are lots of users having performance issues or is this more of an isolated issue? Also, what impact does the weather radar have on FPS?

Cheers,

Peter

P.s. My apologies to the OP, but I was not able to find any other repaints than the ones mentioned by you.

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I shouldn't worry loads of people have been asking for an easyJet Swiss 319 paint for months, for the ase 319 but people have been painting fictional paints and repaints for airlines that went bust years ago. Frustrating but true

14ppkc-6.png

The performance gets worse as the flight goes on.

Yes, this is definitely what I see.    When I'm on the ground, pre-departure, all is fine (30 FPS'ish)   By approach, I'm usually at 15 FPS'ish (where I'd have perhaps 26-28 FPS in the PMDG 777).

P.s. My apologies to the OP, but I was not able to find any other repaints than the ones mentioned by you.

No problem at all, thank you for your courtesy! :smile:

Craig, I agree that the lack of repaints is puzzling, especially as the paint kit was released a while ago. There are some WIP threads on the forum but no releases. Sadly I don't have the ability to produce good quality repaints, although I have done a couple for my personal use, so I'm happy to wait until the professionals release theirs.

Maybe the delay indicates an polygon optimisation process for SP1?

On the performance issue I am one of those who isn't seeing a problem, on a very average PC. My FPS (in FSX) stays stable throughout the flight, normally 26-30 (locked at 30) depending on the airport. ASN is always running, as is RC4 and AI traffic. Memory usage and average FPS are monitored by FSUIPC and saved to a log file for later review in the event of problems. My longest flight so far has been London - São Paulo - London, with intelligent cruise active and payware airports at both ends, and no slowing down at the end of the flight.

TTFN

Hello guys! Yesterday I finished my paint kit for this beautiful aircraft. You can find my first livery in the file library. I hope you enjoy it.

Tomorrow I'm going to put my next livery of KLM Airlines.

Excuse me for my english ) It's not my native language.

guys this still worth a purchase or is there problems still with it?

i say to myself hold out for pmdg but the price of there products seriously out weights my family budget so hoping this is a true alternative to that and fly's like a heavy.

I shouldn't worry loads of people have been asking for an easyJet Swiss 319 paint for months, for the ase 319 but people have been painting fictional paints and repaints for airlines that went bust years ago. Frustrating but true

And what does this have to do with the ifly 747 ?

If you made a " request " for a paint , that's all it is , a request . A painter is totally free to paint what HE wants , when HE wants .

I should know as I am one of the people who spends his FREE time painting the Bus . No fictional paints though but certainly " historical " paints of Airbusses that were produced in the late 80's .

What would happen if British Airways ( for example ) went bankrupt tomorrow ? Would everyone stop painting BA liveries ?

As for " loads of people have been asking ... " , more like 1 person , it's not as if there are no easyjet repaints available for the Bus but then why let the truth get in the way of a good moan ?

John Glanville

I cannot believe they did not make any repaints for this. The developers seem to be very lazy on this matter.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

But certainly not lazy accepting your payment.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.