Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Seriously thinking to ditch all payware airports...

using Flight 1 Instant Scenery to improve the airports that you fly in a lot.

That's actually a good idea, now I'm interested. Just one question - after you've done with adding objects, you probably export BGL file and add it to the scenery library on top?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Instant Scenery .... sounds like even I could use that ... I feel yet another purchase coming on!!!! ;) 

That's actually a good idea, now I'm interested. Just one question - after you've done with adding objects, you probably export BGL file and add it to the scenery library on top?

You don't even need to do that. :smile:

You open Instant Scenery from within FSX (but you must go to Window mode first), then the GUI box pops up to add / edit / remove objects.   You choose the libraries etc, then the objects, then you literally slew whatever plane you're in, to the location you want to place the object, click a button, and it's placed there.   (you can change the object's heading and orientation too).

The first time you hit 'save' it asks you to save your work as a BGL.   After that first time, each time you add further objects, it just asks "Add to XXXXXX.BGL?" and you click yes.

The created BGL is stored somwhere in the existing Scenery structure within FSX, so as I said, you don't even need to add your creation to the Scenery Library.

If you wanted to change or remove anything, you can do so using Instant Scenery, by loading that BGL file, and using the 'amend' and 'delete' functions.    Of course you also have the option to browse to the location of the BGL file, and manually delete it, which would remove everything that you added within that BGL.

WARNING:   A created BGL file within Instant Scenery is not limited to a single geographic area or location, so you could end up improving 10 different airports, in different parts of the world, all as part of one BGL .... (if you just keep clicking 'yes' to add to that one).

Alternatively, you can create new/different BGLs as often as you wish - so you can choose to use a separate BGL for each airport you enhance if you wish.

Truly brilliant tool.

Thanks Craig. Another item added to my purchase list... sigh...  :unsure:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Very simple product, i did purchase a couple of week ago and the learning curve is pretty fast. I used it to combine a couple of custom object done in gmax with dozens og generic buildings, trees, parked cars, streetlight to create a harbour scenery in a couple of evening. Including some back and forth trials to improve the object placement and size that you can control individually. I open google earth on another window to get a sense of the general placement of objects.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Very simple product, i did purchase a couple of week ago and the learning curve is pretty fast. I used it to combine a couple of custom object done in gmax with dozens og generic buildings, trees, parked cars, streetlight to create a harbour scenery in a couple of evening. Including some back and forth trials to improve the object placement and size that you can control individually. I open google earth on another window to get a sense of the general placement of objects.

Love to see it.  Can you post a screen shot? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

IMO the 7.5 LOD back down to 4.5 and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 back down to 1024 stock made a big difference - with a few other tweaks too. Those high numbers where just vain...IMO

First fix your setup and then start to figure out what is worth it to yourself.

Give LOD 5.5 at try.  I was at 6.5 and backed off to 5.5.   Visually still nice and better than 4.5 but keeps you under the OOM limit.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Mark - If i start to notice anything lacking I will change it. Right now I am only flying at night and when I head in for landing it has been socked in every time so not much ground to see. Kinda keeping it all working right now.

I flew out of Aerosofts PANC last night with not so much as a drop in FPS. A couple of years ago when I used it FPS was pretty bad - maybe my .configuration is better now - or they have updated it since I downloaded the new file from Aerosoft.

Will say it was really cool landing at Orbx PAYA in heavy rain/snow with low clouds. Breathing a deep breath and calling for the GSX follow me to lead me to a safe looking (warm) airport - felt as real as it gets seeing the warm lights of the Lodge (sign says Food Shelter Booze). Me likey the payware.

Another advantage of the Aerosoft payware PANC - they have the newer runway numbers. Orbx was still using Rwy 14/32. No big deal but I use Navigraph and have updated FMS, AivlaSoft EFB, paper charts.

I fly back to PANC tonight from PAYA - will see how it performs then.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

Love to see it.  Can you post a screen shot? 

Here it is,

PhotoBattureV2_zps6dd47b27.jpg

The real one looks like this... (from another point of view)

photoreelle_zpsf9629142.jpg

The scenery for the raw material dock is at the front of this picture before the river estuary. The building at the back are from another scenery by fellow developpers (Quebec downtown).

Most of the building, tanks, ships, crane, objects and trees in the harbour scene are from the standard FSX/P3D scenery put there with instant scenery. I made a photoscenery to replace the standard FSX ground tiles and 3 custom objects ; the dock itself, and the two dome (Rio tinto aluminium and Xstrata nickel). The custom objet are also positionned with instant scenery.

Pierre

Here it is,

That's pretty excellent!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Seriously, the potential to tweak some areas of your sim, to get them exactly how you'd like them, is fantastic with Instant Scenery.

Mind you, I spent 4 weeks doing a complete rebuild of EGNT, using Instant Scenery, and 2 days after I finished, UK2000 released an Xtreme version, which I had to have! :smile:

But yes, with Instant Scenery, the world is your oyster, regards object placement.

Another thing I did with it;     I flew out from PAVD, landed on a remote piece of plain land near to a river, and then using Instant Scenery, I set up a camp site there;  tents, fire, toilets, people, the lot.    Took about 30 minutes to do.  Then I wrote down the co-ordinates for the location and stored them as a custom waypoint in the RXP 530.

My own camp site in FSX, to fly to!    Brilliant.

A couple of years ago I used IS 2.0 to create Paso Robles airport on Blue Sky photoreal.  Here's the post with pics. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396162-instant-studio-20/

I got Instant Object Studio and made some custom things after that thread...a terminal, houses, winery buildings.  IOS is well suited for non-complex structures.  When structures get a little complex then it messes up and adds more polygons than are necessary.  Also, adjusting hand placed textures (like windows, doors) is difficult.  So, rule of thumb, if it's complex or needs some accuracy with hand placed textures, use something else like GMax or Blender.  I have no idea how to convert something made in GMax or Blender to FSX.

Gregg Seipp

Nicely done. Interesting complement to the main flying hobby.....isn't it?

Pierre

Here it is,

PhotoBattureV2_zps6dd47b27.jpg

The real one looks like this... (from another point of view)

photoreelle_zpsf9629142.jpg

The scenery for the raw material dock is at the front of this picture before the river estuary. The building at the back are from another scenery by fellow developpers (Quebec downtown).

Most of the building, tanks, ships, crane, objects and trees in the harbour scene are from the standard FSX/P3D scenery put there with instant scenery. I made a photoscenery to replace the standard FSX ground tiles and 3 custom objects ; the dock itself, and the two dome (Rio tinto aluminium and Xstrata nickel). The custom objet are also positionned with instant scenery.

Very nice work !

And how can I put a photo scenery layer ? What is the process order and

for example, how do I find photo scenery to a specific airport ?
And one more question: Can I use objects from an installed airport too ?
Thank You !

Very nice work !

And how can I put a photo scenery layer ? What is the process order and

for example, how do I find photo scenery to a specific airport ?
And one more question: Can I use objects from an installed airport too ?
Thank You !

This is one of the best tutorials on how to make photo scenery. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?250762-How-to-create-photoreal-scenery-for-FSX