Sign in to follow this  
JD-Slow-Thumbs

Beginner Seeking Fun Canyons / Valleys

Hi, I recently tried flying through a canyon in my plane, and thought that it was good fun and a good way to learn how to maneuver the plane. Surely I am not the first one to think of this :smile: ... so now I am looking for more canyons / valleys to practice maneuvering in.

Nice to have:

Airport nearby to take-off from,

Highway or River to follow,

“V” shaped instead of “U” shaped,

Easy-wide, and moderate, (it will be a while before I get to the narrow-hard ones).

The only one that I have tried so far is Interstate-5 north from KVNY through the Newhall pass (starting at the I-5 and CA-14 split) using a Cessna-172 and a Lancair-Legacy.

Thanks in advance

JD

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Innsbruck and Queenstown are good ones, especially if you are using ORBX scenery

Ok, next flight leaving for the Grand Canyon   :smile: and then Innsbruck and Queenstown

Thanks

JD

Try the Fraser River valley in British Columbia, Canada. Depart from Abbotsford airport and head west to catch the river, then follow it north. Some fantastic and challenging flying. Here's a run I did in the MilViz F-86 a while back:

I always like the Columbia River, starting at Spokane KGEG and flying north to Revelstoke CYRV.

scott s.