Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Tropical SIM KDCA & River Visual Approach for AI

Does anyone know if a fix or an add-on BGL file is available to get AI to follow the River Visual into KDCA for the Tropical Sim DCA scenery?

If not any way to adjust the AFCAD for this?

Thanks in advance.

JT

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You mean a visual into Runway 19?  I do not think that is possible.  They fly over the White House and restricted airspace and I do not think there is any program that can change this.  I would assume Tropical Sim would have loved to have this feature too.

Best regards,

Don't quote me on this, but I thought that Ultimate Traffic II by Flight1 had the capability of assigning flight plans to its aircraft....maybe this could/would be a solution to your question.

You can write approaches in ADEX so that AI will fly the correct aproach. It's not that hard and ADEX is free.

You might have a look at the RNAV (RNP) RWY19 for KDCA as an approach to write in ADEX.

Best,

Jim Harnes

I don't know if this works for visual approaches, but in any case it's a wonderful tool to have:

http://forum.avsim.n...-approach-beta/

Cheers!

Yes, the KDCA runway 19 river visual approach for AI is included in that package, as well as some other special approaches and departures associated with this airport.  Latest version is 1.3B.

-Roland

I didn't realize the AI approach beta program was available.  I'll have to check it out. 

Best regards,

I didn't realize the AI approach beta program was available.  I'll have to check it out.

Thanks, a new version 1.4 with significantly more capability will be available any day now, so if you're checking the program out for the first time, it might be worth it to hold off for a few days.

Regards,

-Roland