Gordon,

Thanks for the feedback!  I found an incredibly detailed report on it at the following:

http://tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm

Another similar 40 inch 4K monitor is the 

Seiki Pro SM40UNP 40.0-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor that you can preorder at Amazon for $999

I was surprised about your use of the nv780 for 4K - I thought most folks were using a 900 series. Anyway, the general info on 10-20% drop in performance sounds OK - just wonder what happens with the 900 series - maybe about the same.

For those that want an even bigger display - say 55" or so - please keep reporting on those that are getting the 4:4:4 color@60Hz -with maybe even a Display Port input instead of HDMI 2.0

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I currently have a Dell U3014 which I got about a year ago and have been very happy with it to date.  But now I'm really hooked on the idea of the PhillipsBDM4065uc.  I'm also in the process of getting at Nvidia 970GTX, although I'm currently running an Nvidia 760GTX.  

Currently, with the PMDG 777 in VC at EGLL with no AI traffic, and moderate P3D settings, I;m getting in the region of 20-25fps.     I'm really excited about a much bigger and sharper display but am concerned that my performance may tank on a 40 inch 4K display - even with a 970 card in the 777.  My CPU is an i7-4770 @ 4.2.

Any views on what I could expect with this setup ?

Well, I took the plunge.  I bought the Phillips 40' 4K monitor and the Nvidia 970

Eeek....

Well, I took the plunge.  I bought the Phillips 40' 4K monitor and the Nvidia 970

Eeek....

How are you finding it? Would like to do the same.Thanks.

The price is falling rapidly on these bad boys. NewEgg had a 28" Samsung 4K 60 Hz monitor for around $370 US today.

NewEgg had a 28" Samsung 4K 60 Hz monitor for around $370 US today.

Yes, they'll drop even more when Sony and Samsung release their 8K monitors later this year.

Cheers, Rob.

How are you finding it? Would like to do the same.Thanks.

Mine is being delivered today, so I will report back.  But from the discussions I've had with other users here, all seems good.

My only concern is that I maintain at least 20-25 fps using the PMDG777 at EGLL.  My P3D settings will be moderate, with 1024x1024 textures.  At the moment I achieve that fps range on my DELL U3014 at native resolution using the same in sim settings, with no AI and REX soft clouds in typical UK weather...

I'll be using the Nvidia 970 GTX Strix 4GB

I am running a i7 2600k at present. I figure a GTX 970 with a 4k LED will be a substantial upgrade visually. Using a 2 x GTX 508's with a 24" Samsung monitor.  Plan to switch to P3d from FSX later this year. P3d, 4k LED and hopefully have smooth frames. Not flying over big cities, more back country helicopter flying. Got excited after Rob's post using a 4k LED, as a large unit with TIR will be a lot more immersive than a 24" LCD unit. My desk can hold a 40" TV easily. A 50" will be a bit tight, so got to decide what size. Hopefully my rig can run 4K with a GTX 970. I think the new drivers from Nvidia with the GTX 970 must be making a big difference. Be interesting to see how it works out as this is a really big improvement visually. Thanks.

As with many things in life, when it comes to sim monitors, I'm of the opinion that bigger is better. I have a Panasonic TC-58AX800 58" 4k monitor I use with TrackIR and it is an awesome setup. The screen size allows to me to lower my zoom setting such that I can get an expansive view (typically the entire instrument panel and wind screen) presented at a true to life size.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

In my opinion based on my purchase last autumn of a 4K Sony 55 inch X9000B, the sony tvs cannot be beaten for colour accuracy compared to the Samsung. I highly recommend them.

The Samsung often appear flashier at first especially when you see the demos in the shop and whilst also great, from reviews the Sony's seem to achieve a more realistic colour pallette.

I was very close to choosing a Samsung but I have zero regrets about getting the Sony.

Welcome to the 4K revolution! Running P3Dv2 on a Philips BDM4065UC here.

Hello!! 

i have an Asus Rog Swift 27" 2 K, but i am going to buy the Philips BDM4065UC 40" and running it at 4K but at 30 Hz vsync and triple buffering on fps unlimited. Have you tryed it at 30 Hz??

Any complain? How is the image quality? and tearing?

Thanks a lot Gianluca