Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Sun is BIG in P3D2.5

Hi,

My sun is unrealistic BIG . I have REX textures but is this normal. ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

My sun is unrealistic BIG . I have REX textures but is this normal. ?

Yeahhhhhhh...I would never mentioned it before but I have the same problem and I'm using OpusFsi… With Rex textures

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Yeahhhhhhh...I would never mentioned it before but I have the same problem and I'm using OpusFsi… With Rex textures

Because when you use the sun modification via rex you have to copy it to the \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder where all cfg files are ;-)

Or via a mlink (symbolic)

André

Because when you use the sun modification via rex you have to copy it to the \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder where all cfg files are ;-)

… And that does what?

Thanks,

Chaz

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Or via a mlink (symbolic)

Copy what ? and rex is working on a fix for it at the moment - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Copy what ? and rex is working on a fix for it at the moment - thanks 

Well REX probably made a suneffect.cfg in the root and that isn't the place anymore ;-)

André

Well REX probably made a suneffect.cfg in the root and that isn't the place anymore ;-)

Andre good one I forgot about the suneffect.cfg file - thanks for the info

Rich Sennett

Andre good one I forgot about the suneffect.cfg file - thanks for the info

Happy I could help Richard :-)

André

Not Sure about this, but for me I just installed a REX4 set and sun is perfect, it did load a HUGE one but i just picked a small one and....ta da.

I think from memory the ones at the end come out small.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I didnt load any sun effects knowing rex was working on a fix - but easy enough to add one and work it out until fix - good info Dave

Rich Sennett

Trivia:  We've got the only seat in the solar system where our moon is the same apparent size as our sun, which makes for some very nice eclipses.  Roughly about the size of your thumbnail when arm is extended.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thenkewwww gentlefolk!

Chas