Sign in to follow this  
leec

PMDG 737 NGX Released for P3D

Thank you very much for this, PMDG guys. The 737NGX is easily the best aircraft that I have ever flown in a flight simulator, so purchasing it for P3D is a no brainer. I will be doing that when I get home from work today (including the 600/700 expansion, which are actually the two that I am interested in). I am slightly disappointed that I have to pay the same all over again for P3D, but that isn't going to stop me!

EDIT: Couldn't wait for home time. Base package and expansion pack purchased!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

yes you can , you need to right click and undock them, then you can move them.

Thank you very much, so just like before, great! I will try tonight as well and see how things go. I hjope the programming side has not changed or I will have problems with my cockpit and hardware....

If my post was confusing, there should be a discount if one already owns the FSX version - this is what is frustrating to me about this specific addon (and a few others).

amazing how only PMDG is doing this......every other dev on this planet and probably our whole solar system :lol:  is offering rebates or dual installers. 

I'm going to say it like it is, the pricing on both PMDG products is nothing else but a scandalous joke, but I'm still getting both products because that's what I fly and can't be without them in P3D. This pretty much closes the FSX chapter for me and I hope for many others too. More customers for LM means growth, let's move on to the 64bit already, for crying out loud.

Not sure why it's a scandalous joke. It's arguably the highest fidelity and most accurate jet aircraft simulation ever created for a home flight simulator. I don't fly commercial jet aircraft in FSX, but if you had any idea whatsoever of the systems complexity on display you certainly wouldn't call it a scandalous joke.

If anything, I'm surprised the price is as low as it is, given the decline in the flight simulator market, the relatively small amount of that market who would pay for something like this, and the massive amount of man hours attributed to its creation.

Despite the odd pricing policy: She is definitely worth it. Just finished my first flight. So much fun...

PS: FO's displays turned off to improve performance (even though not necessary as she performs very well).

2015-3-6_11-59-22-757.jpg

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not sure why it's a scandalous joke. It's arguably the highest fidelity and most accurate jet aircraft simulation ever created for a home flight simulator. I don't fly commercial jet aircraft in FSX, but if you had any idea whatsoever of the systems complexity on display you certainly wouldn't call it a scandalous joke.

If anything, I'm surprised the price is as low as it is, given the decline in the flight simulator market, the relatively small amount of that market who would pay for something like this, and the massive amount of man hours attributed to its creation.

That's your opinion, I have my own and will stand by it - they seriously could have worked out the pricing differently, I'm talking about a decent discount for FSX users, full price for the first time P3D buyers and incremental payware patches after for everyone else. Instead they released two products at full FSX price within two week period, the total for the two products after $224.98 - now that's steep and they know it as I predict there will be a massive exodus from FSX to P3D now that two of these are available, that's a hell of a business practice... LOL

Now let's say the 64-bit version comes out, how much more are we going to get charged for that? Are they going to try to justify it by putting it into a few nice paragraphs of how much additional time they had to spend on it to get it working in the 64bit environment?

I fully recognize that they have two of the best products in the market hands down, but their pricing sucks.

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I believe the 777 and 737 both have free upgrades when 64 bit is available.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

PMDG have already stated that your licence will continue through P3D v3 and into P3D 64bit.

The elephant in the corner though is how much will LM charge for P3D64 and more importantly will there be an P3D 64bit Academic licence at all.

The elephant in the corner though is how much will LM charge for P3D64

I'll pay whatever for not having to worry about VAS.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'll pay whatever for not having to worry about VAS.

What if LM only release a Professional version in 64bit for the existing price of $199 (anythings possible)

And then PMDG want to sell you their Professional versions of the 777 and 737 at $1,800 a pop

Still up for it ?

What if LM only release a Professional version in 64bit for the existing price of $199 (anythings possible)

And then PMDG want to sell you their Professional versions of the 777 and 737 at $1,800 a pop

Still up for it ?

No way.

Jacek G.

This is almost the same system as I have. I'm running a 4770K overclocked to 4.6 GHz and a GTX 780. You shouldn't expect to see similar frames as with the A2A or default aircraft. The calculations in the background necessary to simulate the systems of a 777 are a different beast than simulating Cessnas. However, everything above 25 fps is "smooth enough" for me in P3D. Way smoother than FSX with 25 fps (that was a nightmare). But this is all subjective...

And to answer your first question: I just installed the NGX and I'm seeing the same fps as with the 777. Maybe 2-3 fps better but not really noticeable.

Well with my system average of 33 which is locked lol and better performance as in FSX without the mouse penalty which doesn't resist in P3D ;-)

VAS is better too :-)

André

PMDG *highly* recommends that you choose a 64-bit operating system to avoid problems with Prepar3D running out of memory due to a 32-bit environment.

Wouldn't it be 4GB max virtual memory anyways?

Signature2.png

Still up for it ?

That is unlikely because they would cut out 99% of their market.  They are not stupid.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations