Sign in to follow this  
leec

PMDG 737 NGX Released for P3D

I personally do not feel exploited by the fact that PMDG is charging me for what is essentially a new product designed for a new platform (P3D) and one that will be further developed and enhanced in the future. I imagine too that there were quite some legal costs sunk by PMDG (given the depth of the simulation and the P3D EULA, not to mention PMDG being a Boeing licensed product), and these costs have to be recovered, and to me it is only fair they do so. 

As for other developers who may not be officially licensed by the likes of Boeing or Airbus, or who may think, simply because they are not a US based/domiciled company, that they are somehow immune from US civil and tort law, and choose to port their products over without a second thought to the P3D EULA or how those products may be used (for good or bad), I just hope for their sake they never see the backend of a US civil - let alone criminal - lawsuit. The Malaysian 370 had me worried for awhile that the likes of PMDG and others would cease development and sales of their products over just this type of fear.

Just my opinion. Not intended as a bash to others who do not share it.

It's a Boeing licensed product. That elevates it to a status beyond worrying about having to purchase it a second time for the best flight sim platform in existence today.

Just my take on it.

Despite the odd pricing policy: She is definitely worth it. Just finished my first flight. So much fun...

PS: FO's displays turned off to improve performance (even though not necessary as she performs very well).

2015-3-6_11-59-22-757.jpg

That's nice looking. A pity you chose not to further solidify your great fps experience statement by showing the fps counter in the picture, and maybe 2 or 3 more clouds. Some people are probably on the fence on this one and that kind of info would be helpful i guess.

edit: It's okay to be frank about cognitive dissonance, no shame, we all have it sometimes. It doesn't all have to be like 60 fps with a triple screen setup, or "no no our newborn baby sleeps solid though the night since day one". Better to spread realistic info so other may learn or make an informed decision. ;)

-Roland

Installed Fs2Crew into P3d root folder but its not working? any idea how to get it working button control for me.

I got it working fine Dave. What errors are you getting ?. I am using the button version too. I got a warning during install about having SP1c, which I ignored. Emergency NGX worked as advertised.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Here the Boeing P-8 Poseidon fresh from P3D. (Image not touched)

2015-3-6_22-7-7-344a6utn.png

Philipp Schwaegerl

I got it working fine Dave. What errors are you getting ?. I am using the button version too. I got a warning during install about having SP1c, which I ignored. Emergency NGX worked as advertised.

I did not get any errors Julian ? unless you mean the pop up PDF that says warring  patch C blar blar..

That's nice looking. A pity you chose not to further solidify your great fps experience statement by showing the fps counter in the picture, and maybe 2 or 3 more clouds. Some people are probably on the fence on this one and that kind of info would be helpful i guess

There was nothing wrong in what he said. I just did my first flight from Bergen to Torp, lots of clouds from ASN, rain also. Locked at 30 never dropped below. 

He already said  that he also get the same fps as the 777, so do I in fact, around 44 unlocked (I run 30 locked). I do not need to show you a SS to prove it, if you think he is lieing and I am, that's fine, that's up to you.

Better to spread realistic info so other may learn or make an informed decision. ;)

Learn to know who to believe and who not to, but don't jump to conclusion like that. He is very well informed and well worth listening to. Unlike yourself.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I also think PMDG's pricing is extremely unfair on those who have already paid for the FSX version.  Fortunately I had bought the boxed version, which is now on eBay, and will make buying the P3D version much more palatable.

Since I was only keeping FSX for this aircraft and the RealAir (who know how to implement a fair pricing policy) Duke, I can finally get rid of FSX forever (famous last words).

As for other developers who may not be officially licensed by the likes of Boeing or Airbus, or who may think, simply because they are not a US based/domiciled company, that they are somehow immune from US civil and tort law, and choose to port their products over without a second thought to the P3D EULA or how those products may be used (for good or bad), I just hope for their sake they never see the backend of a US civil - let alone criminal - lawsuit. The Malaysian 370 had me worried for awhile that the likes of PMDG and others would cease development and sales of their products over just this type of fear.

And on the other foot, what you have alluded to above is precisely what is wrong with modern society. This lawyer based culture that we have somehow managed to develop is rotten to the core. People are prepared to claim for just about anything these days, and I suspect that it is only going to get worse. It's interesting to note that the PMDG 737NGX is for personal use only. Not for professional or training use....which sounds like almost the complete opposite of P3D itself. Very confusing, even for lawyers.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is there any chance this thread could stay positive?  There really is nothing to be said here on a legal front.  And once again, EULA discussions are NOT permitted ... don't make me do what I'd rather NOT do.

Purchased and installed the PMDG 737-600,700,800,900 ... 1000 ... oh wait ... oddly I prefer the VC in the 737 over the 777.  Performance wise seems about the same at the 777.  Looking forward to digging into the manual and getting some hours in this aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

I did not get any errors Julian ? unless you mean the pop up PDF that says warring patch C blar blar..

No, I don't mean that. I meant, what was not working for you ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I cannot get the panel to come up, I have it hot keyed in the 777. But when I click on the the area where it opens up the fs2crew panel nothing happens like the click stop is not there.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Does the weather radar work in the PMDG 737. If so, how do you turn it on? Thanks

Yes

You press the WXR button, but you have to use ASN as your weather engine.

efis.jpg

The 737NGX works great in P3Dv2.5.  FPS are in the 50's/60's (w/unlimited fps).  My only problem so far is the NavData.  Navigraph downloads to the FSX product so I have to copy the NavData from there and put it in the P3D PMDG NavData folders.  Hopefully Navigraph will fix this as soon as they discover the NGX has been released for P3D too. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The 737NGX works great in P3Dv2.5.  FPS are in the 50's/60's (w/unlimited fps).  My only problem so far is the NavData.  Navigraph downloads to the FSX product so I have to copy the NavData from there and put it in the P3D PMDG NavData folders.  Hopefully Navigraph will fix this as soon as they discover the NGX has been released for P3D too. 

Best regards,

Good info Jim - thank you

Rich Sennett