Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Installing FSX and FSX:SE Updates

Kyle: I owe you an apology. I thoroughly read the text in the updates box and it clearly states what you should do. If I had done that the first time all of this could have been avoided. Usually I am good at this sort of stuff. As you have stated before "Read the Manual". 

No apology owed. You certainly not the only one who's been confused. 

Okay, I'm a little confused. I am intending to purchase FSX-SE to avoid the OOM's when I fly the PMDG 777-200ER. I own both the 777/737 NGX and wonder why I need to uninstall them prior to buying and installing Steam? If in fact that needs to be done, how about some more detailed instructions for the computer disadvantaged.

Thanks,

Harley7354

If you're installing it into a new sim without the aircraft having ever been in it, then you don't need to uninstall. The uninstall/reinstall is for if you have it in a sim and need to update it (this would only be the case if you're using the NGX in FSX already). While you don't need to do it at this moment, there are already full instructions posted on page one of this exact thread.

Also: Full names in the forum here, please.

Kyle Rodgers

I have now read this thread and see that it's suggested that we should manually uninstall files. Please could someone from PMDG clarify the official position especially as the above quote is printed directly above the EULA.

I didn't find deleting files manually helped, the problem remained. PMDG are working on the issue that causes this. In my case I found the DEFAULT panel state didn't produce the persistent cautions, and I was able to make new panel states from it to get around the problem until an official fix is released.

If you have a working default panel state then it might be worth trying making new panel states first to see if it overcomes the problem and avoids the need to try deleting files manually.

ki9cAAb.jpg

After running the SP1d installers over my existing NGX installation, weather radar didn't work. Following Kyle's instructions in the first post of this thread I completely uninstalled then re-installed the NGX via the SP1d base and expansion installers. Everything now works fine.

As a side note, re-installing liveries wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be. I had previously installed lots of them that I rarely if ever used, so this gave me the opportunity to slim down the whole NGX installation by a couple of hundred megs. Took all of 30 minutes from start to finish.

Thanks for the instructions, Kyle.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Thanks for the instructions, Kyle.

Welcome. Glad they worked.

Kyle Rodgers

This update seems like a hassle after reading all of these comments about stuff not working

This update seems like a hassle after reading all of these comments about stuff not working

You need to get an update from CS if you think this SP1D is a hassle.

Kyle, will PMDG release a hotfix or a fixed panel state for the FUEL/ANTI-ICE bug light ?

After made a totally clean install, the bug persists. Hope this can be solved

Kyle, will PMDG release a hotfix or a fixed panel state for the FUEL/ANTI-ICE bug light ?

After made a totally clean install, the bug persists. Hope this can be solved

Using the default panel state solved it for me. (I made my own "long panel state" based on the default)

Just installed SP1d last night and for my first flight I created and saved a cold / dark panel state, backed out of the

session and started a new session. The "custom" cold / dark panel state loaded and functioned normally and the flight

proceeded and completed with no issues at all.

This thread was a great help and thanks to all involved.

Ken

Ken Boardman

Hi Kyle,

My PMDG frustration level has somewhat increased since all these changes; changes that I thought wouldn't effect me since I am only FSX.  Frustration with PMDG is something new as PMDG is about all I sim with and I'm used to virtually no Problems!

I use the Ops Center and have installed all these SE, P3D & whatever they are called.  Primarily because installing them was the only way I could get rid off my Notifications list.  First ?:  Can I ignore these updates since I am only FSX?  I originally thought if I checked Ignore Update, they would disappear, but that does not seem to be the case. 

This morning, I tried to fly my J4100.  I would select it into the FSX opening window, and as soon as I clicked Fly Now, FSX immediately closed, desktop-nothing.  Finally gave up and pulled out a longer flight plan for my T7200.  It seemed to open OK.  Had problems with Pushback, was cleared to the Active, was Nr 2 behind a Baron and almost didn't get stopped.  Radar Contact finally cleared the Baron & he took the active.  I decided to move up to the ready line and discovered I had no brakes at all.  Ran the Baron over and the only option at this point was to close out of FSX.  So, my ? is:  Do I have to do a fresh download from PMDG or can I just reinstall from my downloads folder as I save all these?

I'm sure this has been a big hassle for you all; appreciate any advise.  Mike Nicholson

Hi,

I am wanting to install the SP1 update to my 737NGX. However I have the boxed version only so cannot access the download service on the website...

Apologies if this has already been discussed .

Hi,

I am wanting to install the SP1 update to my 737NGX. However I have the boxed version only so cannot access the download service on the website...

Apologies if this has already been discussed .

see here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464558-13mar15-aerosoft-dvd-and-download-customers-and-fsx-se-compatibility/#entry3199102

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

I'm embarresed to ask this question because of my lack of computer skills, but here it goes:

In step one of the instructions "Uninstall the 737-600/700 or 777-300ER from the Control Panel"

My question is where is the "control panel" to uninstall?

Thank you

Since I did the update I now have all kinds of trouble hooking up to the LOC and glide slope .My diaomonds do not show up and it keeps changing the coarse I have put in and will not hook up.Any idea why I am now having this problem .I have flown many flights before I did the new install without any problems at all with hook up.Help Please Thanks in advance

I'm embarresed to ask this question because of my lack of computer skills, but here it goes:

In step one of the instructions "Uninstall the 737-600/700 or 777-300ER from the Control Panel"

My question is where is the "control panel" to uninstall?

Thank you

start-control panel- add or remove program

Roger  Deloge :Cuppa:

Update to SP1d(v1.10.6436)

Read on PMDG Operations Center  737-8900 NGX Installed version:1.10.6436 same as available version

737-6700NGX Installed version:1.10.6436 Available version 1.00.3219 ??

FSX start up PMDG 737 ngx   FMC told  OP Program 549849-011 (410.8A) supp data Ver 1.1

is this the old ver 1.1 or SP1d installed  .The ASN weatherradar is not working see only blue signs OA -2A +4A etc

My question is delete all pMDG again an istall again or is this correct?

Joop Schmidt KLM194