Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Is there an update for the FSX version?

Yes, I'm a little confused.

Have just downloaded and installed the NGX update.  And now the Op Centre is telling me there's a new update for the 777 for FSX.

Could someone clarify this for me please?

Thanks.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Sorry about the double post.

Edited by Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Could someone clarify this for me please?

It is SP1D which RSR in one of his post say it does not need to be installed. "If you are only running FSX- then this update isn't necessary for you." That is a quote from his 1/24/2015 post.

Ah yes Michael, now I remember.  Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Gavin Barbara

Ah WHEW!!! I was just about having a fit with the 6 new updates for 777, 737 glad I don't have to d/l them again. So if we don't use Steam for FSX can we ignore this update? Just want to have it cleared off my Ops center.

It is SP1D which RSR in one of his post say it does not need to be installed. "If you are only running FSX- then this update isn't necessary for you." That is a quote from his 1/24/2015 post.

I am running just FSX. Does this mean that for FSX user's only that the weather radar won't work after installing SP1D. I'll be getting ASN shortly.

Thanks,

Brian

Just want to have it cleared off my Ops center.
It does not need to be installed per post #3 above. However, there is no way to clear it out of the OC until it is installed.

Does this mean that for FSX user's only that the weather radar won't work after installing SP1D. I'll be getting ASN shortly.
In FSX, I am using the WXR right now and SP1D is not installed

737 NGX SP1D is required for all users.

777 SP1D is only required for FSX SE users and brings no fixes or new functionality to FSX.

737 NGX SP1D is required for all users.

777 SP1D is only required for FSX SE users and brings no fixes or new functionality to FSX.

Maybe one of the updates should have been called something else so there is no confusion about what is what.

In FSX, I am using the WXR right now and SP1D is not installed

I've been under the assumption from the beginning of the NGX,  that the weather radar didn't work or didn't reflect reality, even if using ANS.

Micheal, you didn't install SP1D and you've had weather radar in the NGX working properly and accurately with ASN all along? I thought this update was supposed to enable the weather radar to work properly and accurately in the NGX using ASN, whereas it didn't before SPD1. Can you please clarify. I'm a bit confused on all this.  I don't want to do an uninstall/ reinstall and potentially opening up problems if there's no advantage to FSX only users.

Thanks,

Brian

I've been under the assumption from the beginning of the NGX,  that the weather radar didn't work or didn't reflect reality, even if using ANS.

Micheal, you didn't install SP1D and you've had weather radar in the NGX working properly and accurately with ASN all along? I thought this update was supposed to enable the weather radar to work properly and accurately in the NGX using ASN, whereas it didn't before SPD1. Can you please clarify. I'm a bit confused on all this.  I don't want to do an uninstall/ reinstall and potentially opening up problems if there's no advantage to FSX only users.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, read post #8

Chris, you stated in Post 8 "737 NGX SP1D is required for all users. " Look above at what RSR stated. Direct conflict to what you were saying. Not criticizing, challenging, or saying anyone's right or wrong here. Just looking for clarification. Again, I'm running just FSX.

Cheers,

Brian

I've been under the assumption from the beginning of the NGX, that the weather radar didn't work or didn't reflect reality, even if using ANS.

Micheal, you didn't install SP1D and you've had weather radar in the NGX working properly and accurately with ASN all along? I thought this update was supposed to enable the weather radar to work properly and accurately in the NGX using ASN, whereas it didn't before SPD1

He is Referring  to the t7  wx weather  radar   that's works  with out installing  the sp1d(t7), to have  the weather radar  to work for  the ngx you need to download  the sp1d

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Chris, you stated in Post 8 "737 NGX SP1D is required for all users. " Look above at what RSR stated. Direct conflict to what you were saying. Not criticizing, challenging, or saying anyone's right or wrong here. Just looking for clarification. Again, I'm running just FSX.

Cheers,

Brian

SP1D for the 777 is not required. It is for the 737. Go through the pinned threads from PMDG if you want clarification.