Sign in to follow this  
Brit

Can anyone send me the SDK file for FSX?

Hi guys

I had to reinstall windows on to my new SSD drive, all went well but i need the SDK file that comes with the dvd's, i have the dvd's but do not have a dvd drive.

Thanks

Is it legal?

I'll take a punt and say it'd be against copyright laws to share those files.

I'll take a punt and say it'd be against copyright laws to share those files.

I had seen a similar case some months ago. Moderators told him "Its again Copyright laws" So yeah you are pretty correct Chris!

P.S Also Just in case I have FSX Acc. copies on two computers and FSX Steam copy on my HDD.  :P  :lol:

You can download the SDK for free from Microsoft

Edit: just had a quick look, you seem to only be able to get the Service Packs - apologies.

Regarding the Prepar3D SDK, you will want the v1.4 SDK if you are wishing to compile FSX aircraft. The v2.5 SDK will only compile P3D v2.x specific .mdl files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah its the SDK that comes with the disc 2 cd i believe. I can start FSX but Active Sky Next comes up with a simconnect error so i need that dll file i think. If no one can send me it then i'll just buy an external dvd drive :).

You shouldn't need the SDK installed to run active sky.

Simconnect troubleshooting is included in the Active Sky Next user guide.

What error are you getting and have you tried the open beta for ASN which has versions for both FSX as well as P3D.

I had simconnect issues with Active Sky Next in P3D which have been resolved by the open beta of ASN.

I do not believe the FSX SDK is the solution to your problem.

Roy

Roy Jordan

Ok little update. Managed to get my cd drive working so re installed FSX the install went fine but when i enter my cd key i get invalid product key! Have searched the web for a solution but to no avail :( Any ideas?

Hi Michael

I just looked on my original boxed version of FSX Gold and it came with TWO product codes, and I remember entering the wrong one and getting the same as you. all went well after entering the second one. Think one was used during install and the other used after first run but not 100% sure.

Hope this helps

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi. Thanks for your help but i only have one cd key on inner box. Shall i just bite the bullet and get the steam version?

Hi again

On reflection I think 1 key was for fsx and because in the gold edition  came with Acceleration then maybe the second key was for that, just cannot remember. Getting steam would get you up and running, I have both on my machine, and I use the steam version as what I call bare bones, ie no extra scenery. or airports, so it is handy for a quick flight without all the planning that I do when doing an online flight with my VA, then I use fsx. I am sure you have looked a hundred times at the key and checked upper case O compared to the number 0 and O for Q and l for 1etc.  would even go to the trouble of scanning your key, put it in a word document then cut and paste into the program see if that works. Sorry I could not help more.

Regards

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg