Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

PMDG NGX/777 VAS usage vs. Aerosoft Airbus (AA)

Would appreciate any comments on topic. I'm pretty much happy with VAS level with AA + combo of various stuff such as REX etc. Do PMDG numbers at the same level or bigger\smaller.

Thanks

Dmtiriy

What I would really be interested seeing, is a VAS compare of PMDG NGX/777 between FSX and P3D,

trying to match FSX/P3D settings, Addons, Scenery, etc. as best as possible for a fair fight.

That would really show us the strength of P3D VAS utilization as apposed to FSX (if any better).

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

How  you going  to test this out  since each pc is different  to one  another,  so one might have  a good reading  while  another  user with the same  set up  might  be different

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What I would really be interested seeing, is a VAS compare of PMDG NGX/777 between FSX and P3D,

trying to match FSX/P3D settings, Addons, Scenery, etc. as best as possible for a fair fight.

That would really show us the strength of P3D VAS utilization as apposed to FSX (if any better).

Not going to happened but i will say this. Yesterday a flight between LEBL-EKCH with aerosoft and Flytampa with LOD at max in P3DV2 and very high settings but building Autogen on Normal but ultra water and high shadows and still 450 mb free even at the gate with Ultimative Traffic 2 at 40%.

Not possible in FSX. This was with the NGX and smooth like hell.FTX OPENLCEU

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you really want  to test the VAS of just the aircraft itself put all your sliders down to nil (except keep the texture resolution that the aircraft was designed at), position it at a default airport then compare VAS numbers, otherwise any comparison is useless, no one has the exact same PC or addons.

I always check stuff like that with a default clean install before I dump in all my ORBX regions and airports.

Besides that, you are pretty much in control of VAS usage based on what you install and what you put your sliders at, not the aircraft. Can't say I've ever had an OOM with a default sim  unless I max the traffic sliders for fun.

I find that leaving LOD_RADIUS=4.500000  i never run into  OOM, not even if have other setting max out.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)