Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is there a way to have ASN autostart when you launch P3D?

I know you can do this for OpusFSX, but is there a way to configure ASN so that it will automatically load up when you launch P3D?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

really? How can you set FSUIPC to do that? Would be really handy? Can I use FSUIPC to start a bunch of things; track IR etc?

You can also just put an entry into exe.xml file in [%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2\ ... ] just like any other exe file which will launch with P3D (e.g Ultimate Traffic 2) ... :)

Example:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ActiveSky Next</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path><PATH_TO_ASNEXT>\ASNext_P3D\ASNext.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Although, I was under the impression, that you should launch ActiveSky Next prior to launcing FSX/P3D?!

I see in another forum Pete says to add the address to the program you want to run in the [Programs] section of the FSUIPC.ini, however, I cannot find that line, should I add it?

Dont want to make a mess!

Simple:

[Programs]
Run1=CLOSE,"C:\Program Files (x86)\..."
Run2=KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\..."
Run3=...

...in the fsuipc.ini.

Details are in the manual ;-)

ASN should be run first if using Historic mode. So if using historic, having ASN start with P3D would be a hassle to be honest. You would have to disable ASN starting each time you use historic. I see no benefit at all starting ASN this way, unless you use Live mode all the time.

You can also use simstarter. It is a great program that is a free ware program.

Regards Ted Kiser

I would like to add this into FSUIPC, could someone please post the exact entry that needs to be added into fsuipc4.ini to make this work.

Will ASN load before P3D if it's done this way?

I'm not sure which method is better, using FSUIPC of adding the entry into the exe.xml file.

At hifi  they say you should always start asn first

I know that's what they say but I've forgotten to launch it and run it while simming in both live and historic modes and it changes the weather without issue. In fact being forgetful I often do this!

Anyone know why you shouldn't? What is supposed to happen if you run as second?

Chris

ASN should be run first if using Historic mode. So if using historic, having ASN start with P3D would be a hassle to be honest. You would have to disable ASN starting each time you use historic. I see no benefit at all starting ASN this way, unless you use Live mode all the time.

I never had any issues using it the other way arround. It is also possible to change date/time during flight and ASN adapts weather accordingly within some seconds. Same is true for AS16.

Very good know how start ASN when I start P3D. Thanks

I never had any issues using it the other way arround. It is also possible to change date/time during flight and ASN adapts weather accordingly within some seconds. Same is true for AS16.

You can as long as you re sync the time

From the manual.

Due to potential SimConnect synchronization issues, AS16 should be started first (before the simulator) when using this feature. If the simulator is started first, the simulator’s date/time may not be properly passed to AS16 during startup. If you require starting the simulator first, be sure to update the date/time value after AS16 is started so that the proper date/time is sent to AS16.

 Certain problems exist in FSX/P3D regarding keeping proper track of time, including erroneous time after crossing timezones or the dateline, and the time slowing down/falling behind. To reduce or eliminate these problems, which may affect operation of AS16 when using “Force Historical Time to Sim Time”, we recommend using 3rd party utilities such as FS Real Time which synchronize the clock correctly

I know you can do this for OpusFSX, but is there a way to configure ASN so that it will automatically load up when you launch P3D?

This is my FSUIPC4 entry.

[Programs]

Run1=AM=12,CLOSE,C:\Program Files (x86)\HiFi\AS16_P3D\AS16.exe

as you can see it includes an Affinitymask entry as well, the close command will shut down AS16 as you exit Preppar3d.

bob