Sign in to follow this  
andymax00

FSX "glowing" lights

Hello!

So I have been dealing with this light issue but I do not know what causes it. The thing is that the lighting of some aircraft is showing very wired; with a lot of "glow". Runway and AI traffic lights are also wired.

I am blaming either REX4 Direct or FTX Global, because before I installed REX4 I didn't have this problem at all. I'm uploading some pictures of the lights reference.  

Anyways, hopefully someone can help me solve this thing.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

2015-4-8_19-6-3-689lkyh3.png2015-4-11_19-41-11-59e8b9s.png2015-4-26_18-19-18-38k0xp0.png

REX does not control your aircraft lights. Airport taxiways, runways, yes. To me it looks like the aircraft modelling.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Check the "Light bloom" and "Lens flare" settings in FSX graphics settings are not active.  I do recall REX Essentials Plus did provide updates for aircraft lighting but as Jim said REX TD does not.  Do a search and see if the Halo.bmp could be the culprit.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Hello!

So I have been dealing with this light issue but I do not know what causes it. The thing is that the lighting of some aircraft is showing very wired; with a lot of "glow". Runway and AI traffic lights are also wired.

I am blaming either REX4 Direct or FTX Global, because before I installed REX4 I didn't have this problem at all. I'm uploading some pictures of the lights reference.  

Anyways, hopefully someone can help me solve this thing.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Those are "Foo Fighters"  :P

REX does not control your aircraft lights. Airport taxiways, runways, yes. To me it looks like the aircraft modelling.

Best regards,

Jim, not to point fingers on anyone, but it seems way too wired that just after installing REX 4 TD this problem appeared. I'm just pointing what I think might cause the problem, because I do not know where else to look for a solution.  If the aircraft modeling would be the problem, wouldn't this happen only on the aircraft that has a modeling problem? Because the only airplanes that are not having this issue are the Aerosoft Airbus and the PMDG 737. As posted above, lights are going not normal on three different aircraft and on all AI traffic landing lights. 

Check the "Light bloom" and "Lens flare" settings in FSX graphics settings are not active.  I do recall REX Essentials Plus did provide updates for aircraft lighting but as Jim said REX TD does not.  Do a search and see if the Halo.bmp could be the culprit.  

Robert, light bloom and lens flare are booth disabled. Now, how do I know if the "Halo.bm" is to blame?

Thank you both for your responses!

Kind regards, 

Jim, not to point fingers on anyone, but it seems way too wired that just after installing REX 4 TD this problem appeared. I'm just pointing what I think might cause the problem, because I do not know where else to look for a solution.

I have REX4 TD and I do not see where you can change the lighting on aircraft. You can on runways/taxiways.  There are many programs that modify the Halo.bmp and this could be the cause.  One of them is Steve's DX10 Fixer for instance.  A2A installs halo.bmp's too.  I have UT USA and they installed two versions within the UT USA folder.  A long time ago, these program replaced the default and that upset many people.  Now they are usually installed in the individual's program folder and less likely the cause. 

I have seen many of my aircraft with huge lighting on the tail and wings.  I just ignore it because, to be honest, I have absolutely no clue what program caused it to happen.  I have so many programs installed in FSX it would take a while to figure it out.  I don't have that time.  I hope you can find what is causing your problem(s).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Andrés,

I sent you a PM with a link to Nick's Light Fix, hopefully it provides the solution you are looking for.  

\Robert Hamlich/