Sign in to follow this  
RobSys

I'm sorry I paid money for this!

I think a lot of people see the awesome screenshots and automatically assume the systems will be of a similar level. Some might say it's kind of a sneaky bait-and-switch on Carenado's part. Like I said, I haven't so much seen needless bashing of Carenado, I just see a fair few disappointed customers who expected a little more for their hard earned cash and are quite rightfully vocal about it.

A sim user will either know the extent of systems they're looking for, or it won't really matter, because it's a learning process to use them. Kind of like going to school again.  It's easy enough to check out beforehand, if a working system airplane is what you want. I don't see any sneaky bait & switch here. I think that's pushing it.   As to myself, I just don't care for well modeled systems, but mid-grade artwork, such as panels, exteriors, etc.  

enfatically ?? surely you mean emphatically ?

You might have thought this topic was about Carenado - but noooo, for me it is about grammer and spelling. :rolleyes:

You might have thought this topic was about Carenado - but noooo, for me it is about grammer and spelling. :rolleyes:

Grammer? No, it's definitely about Carenado! :rolleyes: 

One thing is clear to me. There some lucky people,who, for some reason have had little or no problems at all with the XP850, I unfortunately am one of the unfortunates who ,after over 2 months,have yet to get this (very attractive static model) off the ground. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will due to the total lack of interest shown by Carenado. I bought this aircraft because I have bought Carenado in the past without very much in the way of problems and it gives me no satisfaction to write these comments. I am led to wonder if the support department of Carenado are too busy with their newest offering ,the PA31 Navajo to sort out the XP850's problems. I am very glad for those of you that are happy with this aircraft,I wish I were one of you. In the absence of any help from Carenado ( I'm not really expecting any now, I am now awaiting the release (for P3Dv 2) the Eaglesoft Citation X . I know one thing,I will hesitate in wasting good money on another  Carenado product in the future

That would be `grammar`, would it ? Let he who is without, etc.  :He He:

One thing is clear to me. There some lucky people,who, for some reason have had little or no problems at all with the XP850, I unfortunately am one of the unfortunates who ,after over 2 months,have yet to get this (very attractive static model) off the ground. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will due to the total lack of interest shown by Carenado. I bought this aircraft because I have bought Carenado in the past without very much in the way of problems and it gives me no satisfaction to write these comments. I am led to wonder if the support department of Carenado are too busy with their newest offering ,the PA31 Navajo to sort out the XP850's problems. I am very glad for those of you that are happy with this aircraft,I wish I were one of you. In the absence of any help from Carenado ( I'm not really expecting any now, I am now awaiting the release (for P3Dv 2) the Eaglesoft Citation X . I know one thing,I will hesitate in wasting good money on another  Carenado product in the future

Dave, 

You just joined the club ! The `spend it elsewhere` club is gaining members by the day  ;)

With it comes honorary membership of the `Sorry I paid money for this thing` Chapter.  :lol:

That would be `grammar`, would it ? Let he who is without, etc.

Touche' !! :lol:

With Bert's mods and the GTN 750 installed, I like this airplane. Flown in the normal flight envelope of a business jet, I think the flight model is very good. The autopilot has some quirks, but I have been able to get it to level at pre-selected altitudes and follow GPS courses and do a number of approaches. The electrical system is certainly not correct and the documentation leaves much to be desired, but i still enjoy flying the 850.

Dale

You just joined the club ! The `spend it elsewhere` club is gaining members by the day 

With it comes honorary membership of the `Sorry I paid money for this thing` Chapter. 
 Hi,I'd be very interested to know how big a membership this club of ours has. When you consider that each one of us has probably spent $50 or so buying this aircraft it represents a very considerable amount of money. It is very disappointing that one of the posters earlier in this topic referred to us as Carenado knockers(or words to that effect) because we have highlighted the faults of the XP850 and its support by Carenado. It sounded to me like 'Well mine's all right,it must be your fault'

Funny you should say that, I always read it the other way "My standards are lower and my level of knowledge inadequate, but it's pretty so I opened the wallet."

Glass half empty, and all that. As for the size of the club, I imagine it's probably around 100 times the size of the active critics. Most purchase it, like it and fly it. For either of our reasons !

Others purchase it, find fault with it and park it, permanently.

Only the few come here and complain about it.

Only the really dumbest of us actually believe it's going to make any difference to the developers and their business model ! Mostly we are here to warn others not to make the mistakes we made.

That's me and you and a dog named Boo, Dave !

You might have thought this topic was about Carenado - but noooo, for me it is about grammar and spelling.

I corrected the spelling of "grammar" for you :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It sounded to me like 'Well mine's all right,it must be your fault'

Dave,

the Hawker has some known bugs. However, the largest part of us do not have performance issues, based on the reports I have read so far.

As far I am concerned, I do not have an ultra-performing rig. I am using a laptop with i7 2.8-3.8 GHz and GTX 860 (so, no overclock as most of desktop users here etc.). In spite of this, I am constantly having 18-35 FPS with the Hawker depending on area, airports, sceneries, traffic, view and flight situation, which is basically comparable with the performance I am having with Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 and PMDG 737 NGX, to use two very popular benchmarks. Users with more powerful systems are reporting FPS rates constantly above 40 or 50. My conclusion (again: based on the reports I have read here and other forums so far) is that performance issues only affect a very small amount of users for reasons that I honestly ignore and that should be investigated.

I have been reading your complaints about the poor performance of this model for several weeks, but honestly, I have no idea, which the cause of your issue might be. Can you please write down one more time, which your specs are and which performance you normally have with other aircraft? I am afraid that neither Carenado nor anybody of us can help you without more testing on your side. If I get you right, you are using P3D 2.5. My suggestion is trying to install the Hawker on a different machine and/or on a different sim version or on FSX, if you happen to have a copy, then compare the results.

I understand your frustration, but I am afraid that this is the only way to find a positive solution for you.

I'm in there with Robsys. I bought the Hawker 850 from Carenado and I am greatly disapointed with it. So much so that I have uninstalled it. Caranado and Wilco are on my "DO NOT BUY" list.

Hi,I agree with Robsys,Gary 360 and many others who have bought this ,for many, seriously flawed aircraft. I too will almost certainly not give a second glance to anything offered in the future by Carenado. I have sent many requests to their support department(I'm really surprised they bother having one) and received no useful replies. The only way now for me to consider another Carenado product is if they communicate to me (they have my email address) the means to get the XP850 flying properly with a suitable apology. I do not expect either any time soon. The subject of this aircraft comes up frequently with the online flight sim group that I fly with, needless to say Carenado won't be getting much in the way of new customers there.

Dave,

the Hawker has some known bugs. However, the largest part of us do not have performance issues, based on the reports I have read so far.

As far I am concerned, I do not have an ultra-performing rig. I am using a laptop with i7 2.8-3.8 GHz and GTX 860 (so, no overclock as most of desktop users here etc.). In spite of this, I am constantly having 18-35 FPS with the Hawker depending on area, airports, sceneries, traffic, view and flight situation, which is basically comparable with the performance I am having with Aerosoft Airbus A318-A321 and PMDG 737 NGX, to use two very popular benchmarks. Users with more powerful systems are reporting FPS rates constantly above 40 or 50. My conclusion (again: based on the reports I have read here and other forums so far) is that performance issues only affect a very small amount of users for reasons that I honestly ignore and that should be investigated.

I have been reading your complaints about the poor performance of this model for several weeks, but honestly, I have no idea, which the cause of your issue might be. Can you please write down one more time, which your specs are and which performance you normally have with other aircraft? I am afraid that neither Carenado nor anybody of us can help you without more testing on your side. If I get you right, you are using P3D 2.5. My suggestion is trying to install the Hawker on a different machine and/or on a different sim version or on FSX, if you happen to have a copy, then compare the results.

I understand your frustration, but I am afraid that this is the only way to find a positive solution for you.

Hi,My machine spec is as follows... i7 950 @3.07 ghz,  12gb ram, win7 64bit , EVGA gtx 970 graphics card. P3D v 2.5 + latest hotfixes . I run the Majestic Q400 (Latest updates installed) I think this is an aircraft of broadly similar complexity,where I get a typical framerate of 35-40 . It is noticeable that as soon as I select any of the XP850 variants in the 'vehicle' select page my simulator immediately goes to this .3 fps which of course make flying the aircraft impossible. I hope this information might shed some light on this problem.