Sign in to follow this  
RobSys

I'm sorry I paid money for this!

Hi all!

I've been flying this aircraft for a couple of weeks - it's a beautiful beast!

I have two major issues though:

1. It's inability to use the FSX/FSC flight plans - or at least it will use them but will not transfer the data to the FMC/Proline 21. It may be more realistic but I can't usually be bothered to first build a plan in FSC and then having to do it again (and much more painfully!) in the Proline.

2. It will not properly interact with my Saitek Pro multi panels.

3. Although not solely a H850XP problem, the appaling lack of documentation meets with Carenado's normal standards!

Certainly items 1 and 2 are a game killer for me and I have since uninstalled it and relegated it to the archives as a waste of cash...

Carenado, you've done it again!

Rob

---------------------------------------------

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

Hi all!

I've been flying this aircraft for a couple of weeks - it's a beautiful beast

As for number 2 my multi panel works with it - I use spad - you have to edit cfg file to turn on auto throttle - for both regular and lite - I agree lacking in some areas for sure especially FLC

autothrottle_available=    1 
autothrottle_arming_required= 1

Also here is a zip file to get it working thanks to Bert as the altitude was not working and Bert always has the answers - directions in zip let me know if you need help but pretty easy

Rich Sennett

..... when I start FSX and think which plane will I fly , it's almost always the Carenado Hawker that springs to mind and then I feel the 'pain' and 'frustration', so much that it makes me swear, when I try to enter a flight plan or try and fly to an altitude or even try and fly direct to a waypoint ! Not to mention saving or importing a flight plan or not having panel state save.

Feeling this 'Pain' from something that I bought for 'enjoyment' makes me angry at Carenado.

How can it be that they are allowed to sell this in this condition ?

I would really like this plane if they would address the major flaws and bugs that exist.

I'm not asking for the Earth...

Are the taking us as mugs .... ? milking us for all they can extract ? How many planes are they working on at the moment ..... 3? 4? 5? yet they have not addressed these issues and it looks possible that they never will ;

My rage is subsiding now.... the pills are kicking in.

PS perhaps Carenado jets should have a high blood pressure health warning attached.

.. the way it is just now,

----- I too am sorry I paid money for this ! -------

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

As for number 2 my multi panel works with it - I use spad - you have to edit cfg file to turn on auto throttle - for both regular and lite - I agree lacking in some areas for sure especially FLC

autothrottle_available=    1 
autothrottle_arming_required= 1

Also here is a zip file to get it working thanks to Bert as the altitude was not working and Bert always has the answers - directions in zip let me know if you need help but pretty easy

Thanks for that Richard...

I've downloaded and installed SPAD - now to study what it does...

I've also re-intalled the Hawker - ready for a test...

No ZIP file attached???

Rob

System: Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master, i9-11900KF, EK Supreme water cooling, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws V F4-4000C 16D-32GVK DDR4, Asus GTX 3070, Gigabyte M34WQ + Asus MX27AQ monitors, WD SN850 1 TB M2 drive, Intel 750 Nvme 480 GB, Samsung 1 TB SSD, 3 TB + 4 TB HDD's, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo, Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder, Saitek Radio panel..

Thanks for that Richard.

Wow sorry about that man oh man here you go - you only get 3 install by the way then you have to send them a support ticket to get 3 more again - dont touch spad just install it - I will do its thing - I also have the saitek multi-panel driver installed but I dont touch that either no need to - make sure spad is running in sys tray thats it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfc3lyS3h1Nk9PbEE/view?usp=sharing

Rich Sennett

Wow sorry about that man oh man here you go - you only get 3 install by the way then you have to send them a support ticket to get 3 more again - dont touch spad just install it - I will do its thing - I also have the saitek multi-panel driver installed but I dont touch that either no need to - make sure spad is running in sys tray thats it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfc3lyS3h1Nk9PbEE/view?usp=sharing

No worries Richard...

I've set up my exe.xml to auto load the SPAD with FSX...

I can copy the CustomKnobs folder to Hawker, do I also copy the panel.cfg? Or do I merge it?

Rob

No worries Richard...

I've set up my exe.xml to auto load the SPAD with FSX...

I can copy the CustomKnobs folder to Hawker, do I also copy the panel.cfg? Or do I merge it?

Rob

Richard,

All sorted! Just added the line in panel.cfg...

All is good.

Now for a test flight!

Thanks again - muchly - for the assist!

Rob

Carenado, you've done it again!

This Carenado bashing ###### is getting boring

Elaine,

Carenado aircraft are my favourite and most flown productions. In fact 90% plus flights I make are using these - particularly the Phenom 100 and the TBM 850.

They've just dropped the ball with this one! And I hope that this production doesn't set the standard for Carenado...

Rob

No, it isn't. Developer shapes up, criticism stops.  

Developer has NOT shaped up, criticism continues.

Simple. Not boring.

Critique of the Hawker in this forum prevented me wasting my money. Valuable and interesting.

Perhaps you should just stop reading and enjoy your far-from-finished, overpriced tat ?

Well if everyone keeps buying their new offerings at full price, you can't expect them to improve, right? It's obvious that this model is working really well for them.

No, it isn't. Developer shapes up, criticism stops.  

Developer has NOT shaped up, criticism continues.

Simple. Not boring.

Critique of the Hawker in this forum prevented me wasting my money. Valuable and interesting.

Perhaps you should just stop reading and enjoy your far-from-finished, overpriced tat ?

+1 It's not bashing just the facts, only the facts. And btw not boring just useful and very informative !

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Yeah, kind of feel like we need to know the opinions of people who by Carenado products...good and bad.  Often that gets people some workarounds, like from Rich or from Bert.  Also, someday, who knows, we may hear a good review of one of their glass planes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

+1

Every time I read certain posts, I can't help asking myself why do people who enfatically dislike Carenado always feel the need to write down their thoughts here instead of simply ignoring this section of the forum and focusing on the products they really like and use. Mystery.

Anyway, it is refreshing to have someone who really cares about how we should spend our money.

+1

Every time I read certain posts, I can't help asking myself why do people who enfatically dislike Carenado always feel the need to write down their thoughts here instead of simply ignoring this section of the forum and focusing on the products they really like and use. Mystery.

Anyway, it is refreshing to have someone who really cares about how we should spend our money.

Everytime I read certain posts I can't help asking myself why do people who don't have anything of substance to add to the conversation feel the need to let us all know about it like they are some preachers of the "other side".

FYI he paid $50 for a product that has more bugs then a stray dog. It's called customer dissatisfaction and in Carenado case VERY justified.

Anyway it's refreshing to have someone who really cares about how we express our dissatisfaction with a product on a PRODUCT SPECIFIC subforum...

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

It's also helped me to not spend a single cent on Carenado FSX/P3D products (although I do have one for XPlane, which is alright)
What I don't like about them is the recent trend towards 'premium' pricing for what is essentially a nice model and textures but the systems are unrealistic at best.

If other developers who constantly turn out high quality products decide to up their prices then you can't really blame them. After all, if Carenado can charge those prices for a plane that only looks good...

This sealed the deal for me though. If you go on their site and look under the FAQ. You'll find this...

Is there any support forums for Carenado products?

It's a link to *this* forum! Notice how the Carenado developers are always here helping people out and answering customers questions, rather than letting other paying customers provide support?...

...Me neither.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter