Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Reality-xp?

If it worked in 8/8.1 it should work in 10.  Do note the chances of any necessary compatibility changes range from slim to none since the developer has walked away from the product.

DJ

I just bought a new machine with Win 10 pre-installed.  FSX loaded fine but I cannot get my RXP GNS430W to work.  It takes quite a while for the plane to load, and when I try to access the pop-up I get a black square.  Same for drop down.  Tried several reloads of it and no dice. Very frustrating, if this is a licensing thing will I be able to get it resolved with Reality?  Any tricks or ideas would be appreciated.  It worked fine on my old machine with 8.1

works for me on w10 after migrating from w7.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Works fine for me. Windows 10 fresh install on a new system. FSX and RXP also fresh installs.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you have to change any of the destinations, ie did your Trainer go to C:\Program Files (86), I have reinstalled it a dozen times and it either crashes to desktop or if the plane does eventually load I get a black box where the GNS should be

Still haven't tried to migrate to Win 10 for several reasons but not having the RXP GNS430W work right in installed popups is a showstopper. What is the latest verdict for an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 vs fresh install of everything.

Also, has anyone tried the FLT / FLN gauges?  They worked (FSX-MS) in Win 7 then not in Win 8.1.  Did Win 10 change anything?

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Still haven't tried to migrate to Win 10 for several reasons but not having the RXP GNS430W work right in installed popups is a showstopper. What is the latest verdict for an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 vs fresh install of everything.

Also, has anyone tried the FLT / FLN gauges?  They worked (FSX-MS) in Win 7 then not in Win 8.1.  Did Win 10 change anything?

Thanks,

Bruce

I upgraded today to w10, from w7 ultimate x64, and RealityXP works. I set everything to run as administrator. EZDok, ASN, FSX, even the Garmin Trainer exe. And it's fine. I do not have the FLT gauges though.