Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Will the new "Queen of the Skies" arrive this month ?

The phrase "A little early" in PMDG-time... if history is any indicator, I don't think there is a chance we'll see beta this year.

I'd love to be wrong, mind you, and I'm hoping Kyle or Robert will rub egg on my face with a beta announcement tomorrow (or by the end of the year).

I have a dozen grade A large waiting in the 'fridge guys...come on over and bust 'em in my face...just do it before they spoil please.  ^_^

I may have to revise my 2Q2016 release prediction to 3Q2016 Steve-O. 

Chris Sunseri

I am going to hold my breath, so to speak, I am not buying another plane for FSX until the Queen 2 graces my hanger. popcorn.gif

You'll be missing out on a lot of other good stuff because I believe it will be a long wait.  It usually is, although it's always worth it.

I may have to revise my 2Q2016 release prediction to 3Q2016 Steve-O. 

I wish we were all wrong and we'd see a 747v2 under our virtual Christmas tree, but I see zero chance of that happening based on what we've seen so far.

I think even Q32016 might be in jeopardy if they have to keep messing with installers and other tweaks rather than focus on the Queen.  I don't know if the dev team for the 747 is off-limits to getting pulled into these athoc updates, but if they aren't, then 2016 all together may be a wash and we're looking into 2017. 

Especially if, based on Robert's excitement about how great P3DV3 is and wanting to add/update/change existing coding on the 747 to take advantage, that could add months to the project in itself.

I mean, in PMDG time, the 747 has not been in development THAT long, and other than shortcuts from the lessons learned on the NGX and 777, the historic timeline would put it in 2017 anyway.

So I'm just patiently waiting for her, and in the meantime going to enjoy an A330 when she's released (possibly this year), and of course fly my 777s all over the world while she waits for her big sister to help haul freight. :smile:  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

You'll be missing out on a lot of other good stuff because I believe it will be a long wait.  It usually is, although it's always worth it.

So far, everything I purchased after the 777 I could have done without. If anything came along in the mean time it would have to be near stellar to get my attention.  :rolleyes:

So far, everything I purchased after the 777 I could have done without. If anything came along in the mean time it would have to be near stellar to get my attention.  :rolleyes:

and here we have it, I just bought the Milviz Phantom II on sale at 35% off. Now, I will hold my breath.  :pardon:

and here we have it, I just bought the Milviz Phantom II on sale at 35% off. Now, I will hold my breath.  :pardon:

Oh...I'm trying to resist!

I love the "Double Ugly", and I know Milviz's rendition must be great!

I'm old enough (and fortunate) that I got to see the Blue Angles perform with the F4 and what a show it was! Six F4s all taking off on burners....12 J79s' pumping out more noise than a Manowar concert.  :lol:   Stuff of legend...I miss the F4.  Although I can't imagine the fuel bill after a performance...the Rhino was not known for being thrifty at the pump.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm old enough (and fortunate) that I got to see the Blue Angles perform with the F4 and what a show it was! Six F4s all taking off on burners....12 J79s' pumping out more noise than a Manowar concert.  :lol:   Stuff of legend...I miss the F4.  Although I can't imagine the fuel bill after a performance...the Rhino was not known for being thrifty at the pump.  :smile:

Me too.. best air show ever although they took a lot more air to turn. I worked in a steel building at the end of the runway on the flightline at Tan Son Nhut (Saigon) and remember how it sounded and felt like being in a drum when they would hit AB during takeoff. Boom. And sitting outside at 2 am watching them rotate and the flames licking the pavement and the climbout to the heavens like a shooting star. OMG.

Dan Downs KCRP

at Tan Son Nhut (Saigon)

It's VVTS now. The U.S. should have bombed that airport to rubble when they left. I saw the Blue Angels at Andrews Air Force Base just before they switched to the F-4. They were using the Grumman F11F1 Tiger at the time.

I have my fingers still crossed for december this year. :smile:  Im excided to push the limits/performance on short runways like KSAN & TNCM.

So I'm just patiently waiting for her, and in the meantime going to enjoy an A330 when she's released (possibly this year), and of course fly my 777s all over the world while she waits for her big sister to help haul freight. :smile:

I could slip the surly bonds of earth tomorrow Steve-O and leave a happy man with what I currently have in the hangar. Each additional PMDG release is just another cherry added to the top of the cake. Say....how's my the Kalitta Trip Seven coming along Big%20Grin.gif

I have my fingers still crossed for december this year. :smile: Im excided to push the limits/performance on short runways like KSAN & TNCM.

I have my fingers crossed to receive her before Christmas 2016 Sean :wink:   Don't forget about BIRK with that monster 5,100 ft runway where my 777F's roam!!

Chris Sunseri

Dear PMDG staff,

Please realise new/updated version of 747 soonest.

Leave the 777 or any other plane.

THERE IS ONLY ONE "QUEEN OF THE SKY". ONLY ONE !!!

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Please realise new/updated version of 747 soonest.

Leave the 777 or any other plane.

THERE IS ONLY ONE "QUEEN OF THE SKY". ONLY ONE !!!

It'd the Queen all right but the 777F is the King and we know who rules who.

It'd the Queen all right but the 777F is the King and we know who rules who.

If it is anything like my relationships, the Queen certainly ruled everything lol! "She who must be obeyed!"

I guess it will be out one time period before Tutorial 2 for the 777.

Harry Woodrow

Harry Woodrow

If it is anything like my relationships, the Queen certainly ruled everything lol! "She who must be obeyed!"

To me, all airplanes are simply referred to as ladies. Especially in the realm of aircraft, it is a "she who must be obeyed" situation. The lady one goes home to might kill you if you do something stupid and don't listen to her. The lady in the sky will kill you if you do something stupid enough and don't listen.

Kyle Rodgers