Sign in to follow this  
tazz

Best Airbus for P3D?

Looking for recommendations for P3D or FSX ... Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hands down......Aerosoft.

+1

Everybody who uses BBS's complains of bugs. Definitely Aerosoft's is the king. Plus, it's easy on the framerate.

FSLabs... Oops! not here yet... :-(    - I will calmly wait... just as I do for any PMDG add-on ( now waiting the Queen of the Skies v2 ).

Aerosoft is my favorite plane to fly of all of them. 

FSLabs... Oops! not here yet... :-( - I will calmly wait... just as I do for any PMDG add-on ( now waiting the Queen of the Skies v2 ).

From reading their boards they have no plans to make it compatible with P3D. Hopefully they will change their mind.

I have just switched back to Aerosoft from using the Jeehell Airbus software suite (free) but this is really for home cockpit use as is gauges etc to be used for additianl monitors (read no VC etc).. it is extremely real but after having to reformat and unable to compete my project, the Aerosoft AB is a good choice

Ok, 

based on some of the posts, I just took the plunge, and the discount ( since I owned the X Extended version ), and upgraded to the new A320/21 for Prepar3dv2

Looking fwd to test it tomorrow or next weekend :-)

I wasn't aware FSLabs was meant to be released for FSX only :-/ and I am now only in P3Dv2 ( in as far as the FSX/P3D platform goes...)

I would recommend FS2Crew for it, Makes it better.

Thx for the hint David.

I really liked the 1st officer voices / actions already in the X edition. Don't they become superimposed to the FS2Crew chat ?

To throw in an alternative, let me add Project Airbus v3 is my "best" for P3D.   Why?

1. Easy to get up and go

2. Great for hand flying or a simple AP

3. Looks great.

4. Super easy on frame-rates.. no VAS OOM's here.

5. Free

That said, of course it doesn't have the bells, whistles and systems as a payware.  But best is what works best for me.

Yes they are "nice" but the FS2Crew ones are far better and imo with the voice version gives you more control, having saying that the Airbus is a very automated aircraft.

With there captain and FO turned on you might as well watch a you tube video.

Please bare is mind this is no PMDG and when!!!!! The FlightSimLabs version comes to P3D this for me will go in the bin.

I now use the A319 a lot as BAV use it for the back bone for most short haul flight. I would not use it without FS2Crew voice version.

It's a nice version within the remit it was made for, the textures are very good.

From reading their boards they have no plans to make it compatible with P3D.

That's ridiculous.

Almost doesn't matter though. That plane will be out the same time the Level-D 757 comes out...

Well I read from them it will follow the fsx version it that was a long time ago, and yes it's beyond a joke 5 plus years...

How do you find the FBW implemented on the Aerosoft A320 / 21...

I didn't install it yet :-/, probably only next weekend, but I am eager to find out...

And the protection modes?  I remember the X Extended version performed in a rather weird ( non-Airbus fbw ) way in some circumstances, namely when forcing it into a stall...

Hand flying imo is different to say the least having never flown a real one it's hard to say. Not for me to say.

In the sim.....

The good

It's nice how you set an angle up after take off and it sticks turns take a little more but if speed is steady all works well. Can be nice/ is nice.

The bad

I like hand flying an approach when on final and this is were I don't like it at all. The PMDG NG and probably with hundreds of hours feels perfect to me, very small adjustments, it's just does what you want, the "feel" is amazing. The Bus is like a brick, with my hotas warthog I have to "push" and "pull" as any deflect you set you need to counter again . I'm not even saying this is an aerosoft problem as I have no idear how the real one feels. It just might be because of the hours in the NG.

After 5 flights in the A319 and getting more use to it, then going back into the NG I was amazed how easy it was to control on final approach.

If this is just like the real bus then it sure has some nice sides to it when hand flying but final approach is different and needs you to counter yourself a lot. A brick is a little unkind but it's feels a lot heavy'er, it feels crude but and it is a but, you do get use to it and if I had the hours of the NG into flying only the A319 am sure I would think differently.

Am really looking forward to the FSL version as imo it will be like a PMDG and that's a totally different level.

I had the chance to fly a LevelD A319/20/21 sim for 1 hour. 

I asked the instructor for bad weather conditions, taking off from LPPT and landing at Madeira ( LPMA ) rw 05, with strong x-winds, near the operational limits.

I remember really having to play with that joystick - wasn't piece of cake!

By the time the closest I had found to such inputs in an airliner simulator was Aerowinx PS1. Now that I have Aerowinx PSX, I feel the same way, approaching a rw under adverse weather, and making any aircraft in FSX / P3D look really tame compared to it...

Since it's used by rw 744 drivers for training and proficiency, and a few of them have confirmed the highest quality and realism of it's flight dynamics modeling, I believe it's more close to real.

Using a stiff Warthog is also probably not the best option for an Airbus, although it can be adequate in terms of forces for a 744.... 

IRL I "only" fly gliders, and sometimes it's a hell of a ride, specially with turbulence... I can really find my stick, and rudder, everywhere around the available course... 

To echo what your saying if I watch a cockpit vid of a real NG landing the movement is far more than anything I do.

You now have me thinking to change my settings for the Hotas to make it that I have to work it more.

I might have a look at the Aerowinx PS1 vids

PS1 is rather old now - check Aerowinx PSX instead, but not many videos available, I'm affraid...

Guys,

I installed the Aerosoft Airbus A320/21 yesterday night. It's a very nice add-on!  I'm glad I bought it, even more taking the discount from my X Extended version...

Since I am in win 10 Pro a problem, already known to most of you probably, with the fonts installed by the airbus installer, messed up my EDGE, IE and other program fonts, which now have their text displayed using the Airbus added fonts.

If we delete the Aerosoft Airbus fonts, the Airbus will not work, of course, but there is already a fix for it suggested by an Aerosoft Airbus user in this post at the Aerosoft Support Forums

Hand flying imo is different to say the least having never flown a real one it's hard to say. Not for me to say.

In the sim.....

The good

It's nice how you set an angle up after take off and it sticks turns take a little more but if speed is steady all works well. Can be nice/ is nice.

The bad

I like hand flying an approach when on final and this is were I don't like it at all. The PMDG NG and probably with hundreds of hours feels perfect to me, very small adjustments, it's just does what you want, the "feel" is amazing. The Bus is like a brick, with my hotas warthog I have to "push" and "pull" as any deflect you set you need to counter again . I'm not even saying this is an aerosoft problem as I have no idear how the real one feels. It just might be because of the hours in the NG.

After 5 flights in the A319 and getting more use to it, then going back into the NG I was amazed how easy it was to control on final approach.

If this is just like the real bus then it sure has some nice sides to it when hand flying but final approach is different and needs you to counter yourself a lot. A brick is a little unkind but it's feels a lot heavy'er, it feels crude but and it is a but, you do get use to it and if I had the hours of the NG into flying only the A319 am sure I would think differently.

Am really looking forward to the FSL version as imo it will be like a PMDG and that's a totally different level.

I hand fly approaches every time in the Aerosoft A320. It just responds differently than other aircraft because of the fly by wire programming. Notice when you change pitch or roll, you don't have to constantly adjust or trim it, it just stays where you place it. Real airbus pilots say it mimics the real aircraft .  

Guys,

I installed the Aerosoft Airbus A320/21 yesterday night. It's a very nice add-on!  I'm glad I bought it, even more taking the discount from my X Extended version...

Since I am in win 10 Pro a problem, already known to most of you probably, with the fonts installed by the airbus installer, messed up my EDGE, IE and other program fonts, which now have their text displayed using the Airbus added fonts.

If we delete the Aerosoft Airbus fonts, the Airbus will not work, of course, but there is already a fix for it suggested by an Aerosoft Airbus user in this post at the Aerosoft Support Forums

Microsoft rushed Edge out to make the Windows 10 release date. It is not finished yet, doesn't even have any extensions . Just another reason to stay away from Microsoft's crappy browsers like Internet Exploder and now Edge. Use Chrome, it works much better. Edge will be patched in the Patch that Windows 10 will get in September, but I still wouldn't use it if I had W10. 

Keep an eye on NLS A380 sometime down the yellow brick road. Pretty lofty claims by the devs, and the only available screenshots look very good.