Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

P3d + Windows constant troubles

(fresh windows 10 install)

I'll try and keep it short and sweet and I would love some advice to people who have it running with no issues.

Windows 10 and P3d are not working together at all and this includes a lot of my addons.

1) P3d going between 'full screen' to an app in the taskbar completely freezes the simulator. I can click on menu's etc etc but nothing in the sim moves, it's like it's paused (no, I have unchecked the option to pause on task switch)

2) Ezdok; The main exe in the C drive instantly crashes when opening, i've tried everything, ran it in every windows config. Nothing.

3) Rex texture direct crashes after inputting the p3d directory into the options and then switching to an app below.

4) There seems to be a ghost mouse that's off centre when in the pmdg fmc. I can see it flickering to the right.

This is just so far, and I am just feeling like i've upgraded a pc for nothing. Very dissappointed at this stage and if anyone has got the above working, I would love to hear about it.

Kind regards,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Yes everything works perfectly for me in WIN10 Pro clean install, P3D v.2.5, REX, ASN ALL ORBX sceneries, PMDG, A2A, you name it. NO problem what so ever.

I have also used P3D together with WIN10 BETA versions since several months back without problems. 

Jack

Yes everything works perfectly for me in WIN10 Pro clean install, P3D v.2.5, REX, ASN ALL ORBX sceneries, PMDG, A2A, you name it. NO problem what so ever.

I have also used P3D together with WIN10 BETA versions since several months back without problems. 

Jack

I am honestly lost Jack. This whole OS is bug ridden. Even chrome pinned to the taskbar doesn't open (Have to right click open new window).

I did the upgrade path from windows 7 but starting to regret ever moving over.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Alex Ridge

My Crome and all programs on the task bar open as usual. I strongly disagree with you about the OS being "bug ridden". Please don´t misunderstand me now but I think you screwed it up when you upgraded, not the OS. Simple solution, reinstall with a clean install, that is what I did.

Jack 

I don't know how that is possible. But anyway, I am going back to windows 7. To see if I can replicate these issues. Will report back

Alex

Alex Ridge

I guess what surprises me is when someone does an update on a brand new OS, and runs into problems, and the reaction by some is " Hey it works for me, so you must have done something wrong". In all experiences of software problems  that I have run into and I have been working with computers since 1985, problems don't strike everyone. If they did, the developers or the initial beta testers would have fixed them before release. What usually happens is some percentage of new users run into problems and that is the main reason why I don't upgrade until the new OS has a proven track record. If way less than 0.1% of people installing Windows 10 have problems, that is still a huge number since there are about 1 1/2 Billion users of Windows in the world.

Just today I have read posts on Facebook after users  installed  Windows 10 of, stutters, crashes, EZdok problems, joystick problems, driver problems,  scenery loading  problems, P3D problems, FSX problems, etc...., and many people pointing out that they only way they could fix their particular issue(s) was to roll back to Windows 7, because the help that is possible  from Microsoft is zero. The IT person that works for the company I work for recommends making an image of your hard drive if you must upgrade to Windows 10, so you can get back to square one if it screws up.  He also recommends waiting.  Some people have even had to wipe their hard drive completely because the rollback function in Windows 10 didn't work either, and reinstall everything.  Talk about nightmare. This will probably go on for quite a while until patches are released to fix these issues.  This happens with all new software, and that is why there are almost always patches released.  To claim that there are no bugs in Windows 10 is ridiculous. They are already working on a patch now that will be released in October.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think you need to try a little housekeeping first.

1) check all drivers are up to date, and win 10 compatible

2) install DirectX runtime's

3) ensure you have necessary Visual Studio Redists etc

4) install p3d vanilla and see if it has problems first

Lastly what are your specs? Have you overclocked?

Until the company making the addons announces they now support Win 10, stick with what they do support, makes life so much easier!

Not all upgrades go well just do a clean install, win 10 is solid

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I strongly disagree with you about the OS being "bug ridden".

If anything, Windows 10 is Windows 8.1 with a few cosmetic changes. If I didn't know it was a new OS, I probably couldn't tell that it was. It certainly isn't "bug ridden".

WIN10 is NOT a WIN 8 with "with a few cosmetic changes". I think you have missed almost everything about WIN10. How about reading a little about it on the net?

Jack

Frankly Windows 10 doesn't look like it has anything that I couldn't live without. http://www.howtogeek.com/219034/here%E2%80%99s-what%E2%80%99s-different-about-windows-10-for-windows-7-users/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Frankly Windows 10 doesn't look like it has anything that I couldn't live without. http://www.howtogeek.com/219034/here’s-what’s-different-about-windows-10-for-windows-7-users/

And that says it all!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guys I have this on an original CD, maybe it´s something for you.

WIN95.th.jpg

Bobsk8

Guess you didn´t read the text.

----------------------------------------------------

Unlike Windows 8, Windows 10 actually feels designed for a PC with a keyboard and mouse. Windows 7 users will be much more at home with Windows 10, but there are still some big changes.

If you’re a Windows 7 user, you might be surprised to see just how much has changed after you upgrade. Thankfully, there are no weird hot corners to learn.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

WIN10 is NOT a WIN 8 with "with a few cosmetic changes". I think you have missed almost everything about WIN10. How about reading a little about it on the net?

Jack

Suit yourself. What great performance or work flow benefits does it provide? Don't say DirectX 12, because no flight sim uses that. Is it because they brought back the start menu from Win 7? Great advance.