Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Animals attacking drones

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One guy in Kentucky shot a drone that was over his yard. In all cases, including the human one, the animals in question apparently felt their space was being violated.  :Shame On You:

California firefighters have had problems with drones interfering with their airplanes. I had a feeling that these things would wind up being a bad idea. Too many irresponsible people getting access to a potential nuisance.

I guess it's always been a problem...... Model rockets, Model planes, lasers....... and now drones. Anything that can get high enough into the air can be a threat to planes.

Several people (idiots?) have been successfully fined in the UK - one also had his drones and cameras forfeited as well.

I agree wit the term idiots Gerry. Here in California we seem to have a lot of people using drones to get video of accidents, disasters, etc and completely interfering with first responders, etc in order to get something they can post on youtube o sell for profit.

Sad AND dangerous.

Vic

One guy in Kentucky shot a drone that was over his yard.

I recently watched a sports news video of a hockey player (Steven Stamkos) from the Tampa Bay Lightning who was doing an interview out on the ice. Someone was buzzing a drone around the arena and Mr Stamkos got annoyed and blasted the the thing out of the air with a slap shot, the puck obliterated the drone. He looked at the camera and said I hate drones. Now I will admit I have no way of knowing if this was staged or how many attempts were made before he actually hit the drone. But it was fun to watch and is certainly a creative way to take out a drone. The video of the eagle was awesome.

Welcome to AVSIM as a new moderator Vic.

Regards to all,