Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

Thanks Jeroen, this are really great news! The default GA planes coming with P3D are a bit underwhelming, aren't they?

Kind regards, Michael

+1  thanks Jeroen.   Great, back on OP's.   Default GA certainly a liitle lacking (though better than the ancient FS9 ports)

I managed to get Aivlasoft EFB working but an official update from them should be out shortly.

vPilot also seems to work with no issues (with all legacy and current simconnect libraries installed)

No issues with the Majestic Q400 although again, the official update from them is not yet out.

can you share how you got Aivlasoft working? I changed the folder in the settings and ran the update but it's not updating the scenery index

REX4 and soft clouds inside info - thanks Tim as per instructions if I were you do not install wave animations and sun flare 

All good, except for a couple things:

1. Sun, flare and effects need to be altered per v3.

2. Wave animation alterations, so waves animate at higher altitude

Other than that, select P3D v.2.5 in REX4, then locate the MAIN P3Dv3 folder and you're good to go

Thanks Richard.

Will install everything but Sun flare and water tonight, The default looks great for sun flare after playing with light setting.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is it just me or is this v3 sun smaller than the v2 one...

It is! I'm going to increase with the SunSize=900 line in the suneffect.cfg file right now. 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

The Sun in real life as a general rule is the same size as your thub nail at arms length.

That's the Sun it's self not any flare/glare. Its 96,000,000 miles away. Keeps us all nice and warm.

Post some screen shots Greg would be nice to see after your mod.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Ha, weren't there complaints about the v2 sun being too large?.   Mind you, flying with real weather, I never seem to see the sun.

BTW re real weather and on what works in v3, Opus works no problems, no update needed.  The sim path is set in the interface anyway.  AND to keep the armchair lawyers happy, Opus has always been external to the sims - so there!  Stephen has said compatible - APART from the PDK updates which will be updated next release including new stuff (probably shortly knowing him!).  So leave PDK bits switched off in Opus interface for the moment

777 immersion has been updated and working, all aersoft airports work with the old installers, and the airbus a318-a321 work, also efb has a beta version 1.63 that does work with p3d v3, no current installers but they do work.the aersoft fule planner, and livery manager all work with the old installers.

FTX Central 2 has been updated to support Prepar3d v3.0. 

If you get the installations into 3.0, which isn't too hard, you can now fully manage OrbX products in 3.0.

FTX Central 2 has been updated to support Prepar3d v3.0.

If you get the installations into 3.0, which isn't too hard, you can now fully manage OrbX products in 3.0.

I see no announcement on the Orbx forum...? How did you get it updated? Simply start Central?

I see no announcement on the Orbx forum...? How did you get it updated? Simply start Central?

Yes - but really need main installers so at least its ready for V3 - nice

Rich Sennett

Yes - but really need main installers so at least its ready for V3 - nice

Ok, thanks. Yes, I am the kind of guy who patiently waits for official installers: no problem with that. I feel no need to fool around with files and screw things up. ;)

I don't think that's true at all. The Beechcraft Bonanza is a a payware-quality GA plane, and the virtual cockpit looks beautiful in v3. I'm not saying that I don't miss my other planes - I do - but the Bonanza is miles ahead of anything FSX ever came with.

Flight model seems to be imroved in v3 as well, feels less like its on rails thn a lot of FSX/P3D v2 planes did.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Ok, thanks. Yes, I am the kind of guy who patiently waits for official installers: no problem with that. I feel no need to fool around with files and screw things up. ;)

Same here unless I know for sure it will not be destructive such as my awesome OFX America mesh :)

Rich Sennett

The "texture.cfg" referred to is the one in the P3D programdata folder Jim.

Thanks JP, I guess I was missing a big piece of the puzzle. I never went beyond v2.4 so hadn't seen the new texture.cfg, I thought we were talking about the ones like those found in all the aircraft livery folders.

Now I'm wondering if there are any similar provisions for custom AutogenDescriptions? More importantly, do we now have provisions for multiple descriptions from different scenery developers to co-exist and be collectively read and interpreted at run time without overwriting one another's descriptions? That would be huge...

Busy today but I'll get v3 installed tomorrow. Thanks for the info, have a great day! :smile: