Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

V3 Developer updated software thread

I also looses the 777 VC lights some time. Especially when i switch day and time from an airport already loaded

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone using Active Sky Next BETA ? I install the Beta Version everything seem to install without any issues , however when i start the Sim i get this error "Cannot control ambient weather parameters" Any ideas ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Anyone using Active Sky Next BETA ? I install the Beta Version everything seem to install without any issues , however when i start the Sim i get this error "Cannot control ambient weather parameters" Any ideas ?

Works fine for me. That error usually indicates some permissions are not allowing ASN to connect properly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Works fine for me. That error usually indicates some permissions are not allowing ASN to connect properly.

Vic

Thanks, good to know that I'm the only one with this problem. Which means i will fallow HIFI all recommendation to solve this problem.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Thanks, good to know that I'm the only one with this problem. Which means i will fallow HIFI all recommendation to solve this problem.

had the same issue, if you downloaded the original (BETA) when it was released 30SEP then download it again and install it, it fixed the problem for me, for your info there is no change in new downloaded file name but noticed a small change in file size but it worked for me.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Anyone using Active Sky Next BETA ?

Works fine here, too. And I'm running ASN on a separate PC in a network setup.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have found a way to make FS2Crew2010 to work with v3.0.

Apparently you are not allowed to call gauges like FS2CrewNGXButton.gau anymore outside of the gauges directory, but if you copy them to the gauges directory and adjust the references in panel.cfg they will still work.

had the same issue, if you downloaded the original (BETA) when it was released 30SEP then download it again and install it, it fixed the problem for me, for your info there is no change in new downloaded file name but noticed a small change in file size but it worked for me.

I did that about 3 times it doesn't work for me. I am downloading the full installer for V2.5 then i will apply the the beta version update. I am currently uninstalling active sky next.

Mr Leny

I did that about 3 times it doesn't work for me. I am downloading the full installer for V2.5 then i will apply the the beta version update. I am currently uninstalling active sky next.

just check in ASN settings that the folder paths are correct.

bob

Simaddons Canadian airports are Prepar3d3 ready, but for a moderate upgrade fee of 30 CAN $ for all of them (3 packages). According to the Manuals, they don't and can't respect installation outside of the main Prepar3d folder, Supposedly similar to ORBX.

Very few makers, if any, seem to respect the new SDK installation suggestions right now. Might be a matter of time to change that attitude. Should the next Prepar3d updates really require a reinstall of those addons, users will bug them.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes same thing happened to me last night and early today. I got it sorted though, I wasn't pointing the Simconnect installer to the correct folder.

It nearly drove me bonkers

bob

Also remember to have read and write permission and open security to your p3dv3 folder and in the applicationdata/roaming/LM/p3dv3 folder and in dokuments/p3dv3 files as well for network and as stated above

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

bob

Yes same thing happened to me last night and early today. I got it sorted though, I wasn't pointing the Simconnect installer to the correct folder.

It nearly drove me bonkers

Thanks , i think this may have solve the problem. I had V2 selected in the application folder .

Mr Leny

Yes same thing happened to me last night and early today. I got it sorted though, I wasn't pointing the Simconnect installer to the correct folder. It nearly drove me bonkers

Poppet,

It was driving me nuts for most of today until I read your post - then the penny dropped.....

yep, I hadn't pointed it to the correct folder either. I lost count of the number of times I tried deleting the reinstalling!

Many thanks

John